Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mmo-champ type swtor site?

As title says,

I was wondering if mmo-champ and/or curse will be doing a proper site for swtor that'll be as good as mmo-champ is for WoW?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    As title says,

I was wondering if mmo-champ and/or curse will be doing a proper site for swtor that'll be as good as mmo-champ is for WoW?

Thanks
    would be nice

Deleted
    I believe http://darthhater.com/ <-- Is the SW:TOR version. I read somewhere that they're also part of Curse, though don't quote me on this; not sure.

darthhater.com did get bought by curse, the forums aren't very active yet though. they've been really good about keeping up a weekly dev post compendium, any news from other sites and even a decent comic strip.

I'm not sure if BioWare is going to allow third party application in their game or not.... I can be wrong, but if Im right then there would be no purpose for Curse to have them added to their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevintsha View Post
    I'm not sure if BioWare is going to allow third party application in their game or not.... I can be wrong, but if Im right then there would be no purpose for Curse to have them added to their website.
    Because without addons the website is pointless? You realise Curse owns MMO Champion too, right? As well as a plethora of other websites for other games that aren't just about hosting addons etc.

Yes I mean a good up to date popular website that'll be as good as mmo-champ for news, interviews, patch analysis etc

http://darthhater.com/ and http://torwars.com/ are two of my personal favorite websites that are covering SWToR. I think you'll find what you're looking for with one or both of those sites.

Deleted
    I don't think darth hater is owned by Curse, it seems far to messy (in my opinion), little dark too! I think curse would more than likely be more neutral on the name rather than darth which is specifically empire. I know it seems silly but some jedi players thats like breaking the code going onto a darth site :P But yes I would love an MMO-C style site for SWTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I don't think darth hater is owned by Curse, it seems far to messy (in my opinion), little dark too! I think curse would more than likely be more neutral on the name rather than darth which is specifically empire. I know it seems silly but some jedi players thats like breaking the code going onto a darth site :P But yes I would love an MMO-C style site for SWTOR
    Not that it nullifies your point, but it says Darth hater, so I wouldn't say it is for the empire.

Currently a website with a lot of info is no NDA breaking stuff not sure if it has the same intentions as MMO champion, if swtor becomes a big MMO then our good old mmo-champion will probably take over.
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-10-29 at 05:37 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevintsha View Post
    I can't find the source atm but bioware did state that they would be releasing an addon API sometime after launch. Also Curse recently updated their site to handle addons for multiple games. I think Curse is trying to position themselves as the one stop shop for MMO addons and game information, thus expanding services and increasing traffic on their networks.

I don't think darth hater is owned by Curse
    It is. There was a post on DH main page about a month ago about them joining the curse family.

I'm sure you'd easily find it if you flipped through the front page a bit.

the thing is darth hater is a F*cking ugly site mmo is nice n clean n clear i hate darth hater and wont go there but id like a site like mmo-champ

Deleted
    I personally like http://www.oldrepublic.net/ , it's a clean site with forum, got some updated news and a good community.

http://www.sithwarrior.com/ is shaping up to be the EJ for ToR just fyi.

If you're just looking for news there are a ton of good ToR sites (many have been posted here already)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintphoenix View Post
    the thing is darth hater is a F*cking ugly site mmo is nice n clean n clear i hate darth hater and wont go there but id like a site like mmo-champ
    I hate the color green, darth hater looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    I like http://www.oldrepublic.net/ for it's forums and guides/news and www.askajedi.com, for stories, news and interviews. Darth Hater is kinda cluttered for my taste, but ya, it's owned by Curse if you have doubts :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all Curse sites are light. Aionsource for example was always really dark. Darth Hater is a little messy for my taste as well though. Will most people stay at MMO-Champ or will this community migrate to another forum/fansite when it releases?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could get into Darth Hater, I just REALLY dislike the looks and can't get over that. They definitely should revamp their website a bit.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit