Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but it's kind of important: Yogg-Saron isn't dead.

If he had died, all of the gnomes/dwarves/vrykuls and even maybe humans would've turned back to stone. We didn't kill him, we merely stuffed him back into his hole and sealed it again.

Cool concept for an expansion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaqus View Post
    I don't know if it was mentioned before, but it's kind of important: Yogg-Saron isn't dead.

If he had died, all of the gnomes/dwarves/vrykuls and even maybe humans would've turned back to stone. We didn't kill him, we merely stuffed him back into his hole and sealed it again.

I thought it was just that at least one of the Old Gods had to still be alive for the curse to continue. It wasn't specifically tied to Yoggie.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, the Old Gods themselves aren't killable, as if they were, the planet itself would rupture and be destroyed. When we battled C'thun, we killed his Eye. When we battled Yogg'Saron, we killed parts of him but not the whole.

The Old Gods just get boxed up and regenerate over time, as yet there is no way to kill them without an even more negative reaction on Azeroth itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakonz View Post
    As much as I hated Azjol Nerub back in wrath, I can't say I'd be too happy with an entire spider expansion.
    That being said, the amount of effort and thought you've put into this is staggering. Even if I don't agree, I give credit where it's due. This is spectacular work man. I really like the character concept art. Bravo indeed.
    Thanks! Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Are all the Voiceless ones are heroic only bosses?
    Not all, but the Voiceless are quite rare, and like the Faceless Ones they are seldomly encountered. Sylla'ban is a particularly powerful specimen. Another is Fatahn the Murmurer, who can be found in Ahn'Dirac, the Silent Temple, with other lesser Voiceless Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapori View Post
    This would've been far superior than what MoP looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    1000% this.

This is what WoW needed, not Pandaland.
    MoP actually gives me hope - if Blizz feel they can make an entire expansion based off a single simple concept like the Pandaren and their island home of Pandaria, they might be compelled to do the same for future expansions - things like the Emerald Dream, other worlds like Argus and Xoroth, the elemental planes... maybe even *squee* the Spider Kingdom!

We'll have to see, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Can you IMAGINE the trailer for this ?
    Now there's an idea... I may be limited to storyboards though.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    While your idea, pics, and lore are absolutely AMAZING, my arachnophobia would prevent me from ever playing this expansion
    Ironically, my crippling pandarophobia may spoil my own enjoyment of the next expansion somewhat.

Well, not really...

Quote Originally Posted by Opaqus View Post

You have an interesting theory about the Curse of Flesh, but there's no indication in any of the lore that destroying the Old Gods would break or reverse it, let alone just one. There's also no reason to assume that Yogg-Saron is still fully active - the end of his encounter in Ulduar shows him being rendered... inert. Inert is a good word.

Death is not a state that applies to the Old Gods. Like C'Thun before him, Yogg-Saron has been... reduced. Most of his body is decomposing into impure saronite, and the parts that aren't have become the 'Undying Tendrils' and 'Undying Maws' mentioned earlier - dangerous, but essentially all of their actions are 'death' throes.

If you take a peek at some of the wowpedia pages (specifically the Storm Peaks and Velius character pages), you'll see a few ideas I have about Yogg-Saron, post Ulduar. There will be more developments, to be sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I APPROVE! Vidar is my name and this dude is me ingame (apperently, did not know^^).

Really though, nice work, could be done and fun. Don't think MoP is anything close to a failure though, gief this as content (if not an exp)
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

When you're afraid of virtual spiders, ones that aren't even real, it may be time to see a doctor about it.
    Welcome to phobias, it's part of their definition that they are irrational.

This is an awesome concept, I applaud the work you've put in to it, I just wish I was into the spider themes as much as you clearly are
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Welcome to phobias, it's part of their definition that they are irrational.
    Welcome to reasons why people should go see a doctor about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    O.O

How do you not work at Blizzard? This is amazing, you got an entire x-Pac planned out.
    ---TransAwesome---
    A rainbow a day keeps the gloomies away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to reasons why people should go see a doctor about it.
    I always insulted one of my WoW friends for not liking to tank Maexxena or the spider boss in Azjol-Nerub. Then I tanked one. Those eyes...
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    And you know what they have all those legs for? Crawling across your face in the middle of the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behold at last, the first zone of Azjol-Nerub!

The Upper Kingdom

Well, that's reassuring. Always nice to know there's one more person out there who isn't going to murder me.

The Ghostlands map is really impressive - I thought it was just a simple recolor at first until I compared it closely to the ingame one. That's how authentic it looks!
    Late response is late, but alas, Oh that map you made, so freaking awesome! those hand-drwan sprites are leally amazing, when I made maps, the bigger problems I had were drawing stuff from scratch. You could add some dispersion to you brush, bur beyond that, so awesome and perfect, I'm going to set your map as my desktop.

And thanks for the compliments, but you are far better XD

10+ Year Old Account
    And you know what they have all those legs for? Crawling across your face in the middle of the night.
    ... nope.

Any plans on incorporating the points made at Blizzcon about the unknown whereabouts of Arthas' corpse, and the equally unsure location of the shards of Frostmourne?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Late response is late, but alas, Oh that map you made, so freaking awesome! those hand-drwan sprites are leally amazing, when I made maps, the bigger problems I had were drawing stuff from scratch. You could add some dispersion to you brush, bur beyond that, so awesome and perfect, I'm going to set your map as my desktop.
    I'm glad it's such a hit. Making that zone map was a lot of fun, and I've got two more big ones to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Any plans on incorporating the points made at Blizzcon about the unknown whereabouts of Arthas' corpse, and the equally unsure location of the shards of Frostmourne?
    I've actually had plans along those lines since I started this thing. Let's just say that I let out a tiny sigh of relief when Blizzard decided they didn't know what had happened to Arthas' corpse. As for Frostmourne, Blizzard mentioned that its shards were collected by "someone smart"... but whoever they are, they missed one.

Love it. Absolutely LOVE IT.

But I wouldn't mind seeing some daylight in an expansion like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    asdjklghlksahgjkasdhg, goddamnit.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

15+ Year Old Account
    That new Nxxramas... fucking amazing... WTB NOW!

Is Blizzard aware of this awesome concept? Did you try posting some partitions on official forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Love it. Absolutely LOVE IT.

But I wouldn't mind seeing some daylight in an expansion like that...
    Seeing the sun isn't going to happen too often, I'm afraid. Not the one in the sky, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    That new Nxxramas... fucking amazing... WTB NOW!

Is Blizzard aware of this awesome concept? Did you try posting some partitions on official forums?
    There's a couple threads on there somewhere. Links are in the OP - anyone can feel free to drop a comment there, as well.

sorry, i wouldn't like an entire expansion based on spiders as i am afraid of spiders : (

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not particularly fond of spiders and would rather fight unicorns and rainbows, but I have to say "Wow" just because you put so much work into this. Very well done, lad!

Deleted
    Write more please, it looks so cool. Wish Blizzard did this after Pandaria.