Poll: What is your favourite thing about Guild Wars 2

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    May be a tiny bit off the rails, but this video shows (in my opinion) how the MMO progressed and why Gw2 is going to be so epic. (The SW:TOR section of this video is badass by the way, I choreographed the gw2 music to that trailer and it worked perfectly!)
    I agree 100 percent Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars The Old Republic both look awesome and I can't wait to play them.Awesome video too.Arthas was my favorite lore character in Warcraft.The song Arthas My Son is so epic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNAx4IaYr7g and will always be my favorite.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    Really it's everything. But even though I play a healer I had to pick breaking of the holy trinity. I really think it will open up gameplay and just make it so much more dynamic.

I just love their goal that seeing other players should never be a bad thing. The reason I like playing a healing is because I like helping others, and now I can. I can just run around helping everyone I see without worrying about kill-stealing or competing for quest items. I also like the idea of supporting others in ways other then healing.

I am kind of sad that it seems the most support orientated class is the Guardian. The class looks fun, except I just don't like the look and feel of that class. I don't want to be a soldier profession and wear plate armor.
    I haven't read the rest of the thread yet to see if a reply has been given, but from what i've read and from looking over the skills. A water ele may be more of what you are looking for they have a lot of healing and support spells.

Back on topic I picked the breaking of the trinity. I can't wait to be able to support with every class I play. My favorite builds in games have always been hybrids where I can do damage but maintain some utility in the form of heals/cc/etc. For example i used to love druid pvp especially while leveling up. I could do some great damage but then shift out and toss a cyclone or a instant heal on an ally, root that pesky rogue in place whos trying to kill my buddy.

People may find it funny that I say this but then am maining a thief, but I just love slippery classes the best, and I think people underestimate the thief's capability as support with their multitude of blinds and slows. I can imagine scorpion wire will come in handy as well, that pesky warrior bothering you ele? Pull his ass to you and use one of my multiple shadow steps to also get out of dodge.
    Last edited by Balfire; 2011-10-28 at 04:51 AM.

A number of things to mention but be brief about it:

-The trinity as mentioned and voted.
    -Action based combat, rather than large bars of hotkeys, UI monitoring, standing still to fight and so on. Actually positional based attacks using x, y ,z coordinates to define a hit or not.
    -The skill system, changing weapon and so on can change your class play instantly.
    -Professions being like a part of the class.
    -World and dynamic events are great as well.
    -Big open world events like Wow raiding except for everybody, not a single raid.
    -Open system of individual experience and loot, not needing to group with others/commit to a group but still be able to work as a team.
    -More skill based, like the action comment above, but about the gear over skill issue that WoW has.
    -Scaling, MoP might finally fix it, but gear/ilevel, stat, inflation being rather exponential in this game along with its levels.
    -A more grandeur world, looking at its design, it seems the environment will have a great effect on gameplay and player experience more than just some visual.

My absolute favourite part is World vs World, but that's not an option so I picked breaking the Holy Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Well, you can belittle the features as much as you want, but it's certainly fresh to see all of this in ONE game upon its' release. We're getting the WHOOOOOLE package right off the bat. Besides, even though some of the thing may not be completely visable (like a face being covered by a helm), it still matters to the person playing the character, if not to anyone else.

Sure, personal story choices in the game are limited, but they're still very broad in their scope of outcomes. Judging from the videos and a little research, the game will keep the player interested because there are so many outcomes to a lot of the player's actions. So how can you really complain?
    Why are you bitching at me? I'm gonna get GW2, dude. I just think the animations could be massively improved on and that there could have been more choices as to customization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame I can only pick one (picked the "no more trinity" thing). GW2 is promising a lot of great features, and if they deliver on half of them, the game still has the potential to be groundbreaking.

I chose Dynamic Events. To me, it is the single most genre reshaping aspect about Guild Wars 2, since it makes world PvE a series of events for any number of people rather than a solo (plus some friends... maybe) grind. Makes it so that I can interact with the community a little bit more rather than dreading the presence of other players that might "steal" my quest targets.

Breaking of the Role Trinity comes in at an extremely close second place. It's pretty much the other big change the MMO industry needed, except in the closed environment of a dungeon rather than the outside world. Being used to the role format, my mind still reels at the idea of how it'll work, but at this point I'm expecting almost any change from the role trinity to be better than the status quo.

Shame I couldn't pick an "All" option for the poll.

No factions. Not sure if anybody has said this before but factions suck. I really don't know why there are factions in mmos. They just limit lore/gameplay and create this stupid gang mentality that needlessly divides the player base and turns them into rowdy soccer hooligans that fight tooth and nail over which fictional group of characters is better then the other fictional group of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Is there a significance to the dragon skeleton at 13:15 in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    Is there a significance to the dragon skeleton at 13:15 in the video?
    Kinda off topic But I think thats one of the elder dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by morlem View Post
    Kinda off topic But I think thats one of the elder dragons.
    No, absolutely not. That dragon is barely even a mouse compared to the elder dragons. All the Elder Dragons are alive, and each one is the size of at least a mountain, and probably even bigger then that.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Not a poll option but for me it's the combat system which is the main draw.

Character customization and graphics are also appealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    No, absolutely not. That dragon is barely even a mouse compared to the elder dragons. All the Elder Dragons are alive, and each one is the size of at least a mountain, and probably even bigger then that.
    This. In guild wars 1 kralkatorrik pretty much is a mountain.

Deleted
    I like the fact that you can play as a more chubby chick rather than supermodel types ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ixTkm1I#t=113s

I..I...I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!

But, if I HAD to choose..I really like the idea of everything listed in the poll. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I..I...I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!

But, if I HAD to choose..I really like the idea of everything listed in the poll. :3
    Same. There are so many thing, but those in the pool, I'll pick all.

What I love most about GW2 is how it feels like the developers have reached back to the core of old RPG games, like Baldurs gate, myst or final fantasy, or even elder scrolls, and created something wonderfully immersive and story driven, while weaving (or painting) in the best factors of later MMOs. And thankfully burying those repetitive and worst factors.

Feels like I've been waiting for this game for many years.

Oh, and I went with DEs because I'm so sick of grinding the same old crap. But really, it's the world and how it actually feels like this game is what I've been wanting from a fully immersive and interactive RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually can't vote on this poll because there's no WvWvW or PvP option. Honestly, PvP is one of the main attraction points of the modern MMO, especially Guild Wars. If a moderator is kind enough to add the option, I shall return.