Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MageManaBar 1.7 : Mana management but not only.

This is the new thread for version 1.7 of MageManaBar, the old one is outdated now and with the import/export features, i'll be collecting settings and posting the post below. As always, have fun and report me bugs and requests.

So let me present again this wonderful addon of mine to people who haven't heard about it yet.

This is aimed to be the ultimate Mana Bar for Mages. Arcane Mages specifically will find many of MageManaBar's features invaluable in helping to manage Mana optimally and refine their gameplay. About the gameplay suggestions present in MageManaBar, let me say again that they are totally optional, if you don't like it, just remove it. And if you feel it's making Arcane too much easy to play and allow what you call noobs to top the meters as they shouldn't be able to, i'm sorry but this is the goal of this addon : help mages getting the best of what they can do.

But there is nice things for skilled players too with unique features never seen before (by me at least...) like Mana overflow report, mage armor tick cooldown, spell cost indication and so on.

Anyway, have a look and as always send me feedback and suggestions here or on curse : http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...gemanabar.aspx

MageManaBar Default Settings MageManaBar Mana Overflow MageManaBar Burning phase
    MageManaBar UnitFrame Style MageManaBar Arcane explosion manager

• It will always show your real Mana Pool by ignoring temporary Int Buffs which distort your Mana % on standard Unitframes (Eg: Darkmoon Card: Volcano, Power Torrent, Synapse Springs etc).
    • Marker at 35% Mana to show where Evocation can be used without wasting Mana (Factors in ~2 ticks of Mage Armor whilst channeling).
    • Marker at (Max Mana - 12 405) to show where Mana Gem can be used without wasting any Mana.
    • Marker for "Next Mage Armor Tick". (Showing how much Mana the next tick of Mage Armor will give). Featuring autohide when not present in fire/frost spec. NEW !
    • Marker for Flame Orb mini burn. (Showing how much mana you should regen through AM spam).
    • Marker for Arcane Torrent.
    • Timers for Evocation, Mana Gem, Flame Orb, Arcane Torrent and Mage Armor (Ticks).
    • Show your expected current cast mana usage in realtime on the mana bar.
    • Optional and fully customizable health bar.
    • Color settings to change the color of the mana bar based on markers crossed.
    • Information panels that you can unlock and place wherever you want on the bar or the screen, change size and background. This should allow you to make the Mana bar the way you want it. Also featuring a tag list to choose whatever info you want in the style you want (Absolute Cur/Max HP, Cur/Percent mana, Absolute Cur/Max mana, Mastery, Spellpower, Time To Die and many more !!).
    • Realtime information of mana overflow and lost mana due to end of intellect procs. You will know each time how much mana is wasted in chat report with a summary at the end of the fight to help you refine your gameplay.
    • Optional advanced gameplay suggestions during fight based on your cooldowns and tested theorycrafted concepts to help you mastering Arcane way of managing mana. You can also enable or disable any of theses suggestions if it doesn't fit your way of playing.
    • Advanced customisation options for all elements of the addon. You can change colors, textures, fonts, size, alpha, ordering of elements. Everything is optional and can be disabled to make MageManaBar what you always dreamed of.
    • Arcane explosion manager. Once you use AE with an AB buff the warning panel will show your AE casts on a timer representing your AB Debuff, also showing the current cast time needed to refresh it. Cross the red section and you'll be unable to refresh in time ! NEW!
    • Getting closer to UnitFrame replacement with the player menu when right clicking on frame and player selection when left clicking, casting bar and alternate power bar. NEW !
    • Import Export manager for settings. You can share your settings with fellow mages and import new ones. Have a look at the post below to get some new settings. NEW !

USE THE RESET BUTTON IN INTERFACE /OPTIONS WHEN UPGRADING FROM BETA TO RELEASE VERSION OR IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM
    Last edited by mmoc5c7403561b; 2011-11-03 at 11:16 PM.

Deleted
    Reserved for Export settings.
    A quick note, MageManaBar is configured to replace missing textures/fonts by its defaults when importing settings, so it doesn't look like the way it should, check the texture/font path within the code to know from which addon it come from.
    If you wanna be added properly, post an image link of the picture cropped, a small description and the settings wrapped in CODE brackets.

----------------------------------------

Simple looking with essential info.
    Code:
    1.7 beta-mageX{'MageManaBarBgFrame',true,true,1,275,40,{0,0,0,1},true,10,1,true,1,true,1,true,true,true,false,3,true}X{'MMBInfoFrame1',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,1,-3,true,28,true,'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MMBInfoFrame2',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,0,-25,false,17,true,'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MMBInfoFrame3',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,200,-3,false,6,true,'MageManaBarHealth'}X{'MMBInfoFrame4',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,1,-14,true,27,true,'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MMBInfoFrame5',true,false,7,126,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},true,116.14285714286,10.5,true,18,false,'MageManaBarGlobal'}X{'MMBInfoFrame6',true,false,7,126,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},true,116.14285714286,10.5,true,17,false,'MageManaBarGlobal'}X{'MMBevocation',true,true,35}X{'MMBmanaGem',true,true,12405}X{'MMBmageArmor',true,true,103,false,true}X{'MMBArcaneTorrent',false,true,94}X{'MMBOrb',true,true,80}X{'MageManaBarInfoFrame',false,true,24,'xx','xx',{0,0,0,1}}X{'MMBspellcost',true,0.39999997615814}X{'MageManaBarFrame',true,{1,0.2,0.2,1},{1,0.4,0,1},{1,0.8,0,1},{1,1,0,1},{0.2,0.5,0.8,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\ShadowedUnitFrames\\media\\textures\\Charcoal','Charcoal','Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF','Friz Quadrata TT',true}X{'MageManaBarOverflowFrame','xx','xx','xx','xx','xx',{1,0.3,0.3,0.5}}X{'MageManaBarWarning',true,false,true,230,20,{0.2,0.5,0.86,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\MageManaBar\\Images\\combubarblack','CombuBar','Interface\\AddOns\\MageManaBar\\Fonts\\Bazooka.ttf','Bazooka',15,true,{0,0,0,1},true,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},20}X{true,true,true,true,true,true,true,false,true}X{'MageManaBarHealth',true,true,15,{1,0.3,0.3,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\ShadowedUnitFrames\\media\\textures\\Charcoal','Charcoal'}X{'MageManaBarWarning','MageManaBarHealth','MageManaBarBgFrame','MageManaBarAlternate','MageManaBarCastFrame'}X{'MageManaBarCastFrame',true,true,true,20,false,{0.6,0.5,0,1},{0.4,0.3,0.7,1},true,'Interface\\AddOns\\ShadowedUnitFrames\\media\\textures\\Charcoal','Charcoal','Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF','Friz Quadrata TT',8}X{'MageManaBarAlternate',true,12,{0.6,0.5,0,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\MageManaBar\\Images\\combubarblack','CombuBar','Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF','Friz Quadrata TT',8,true}
    ----------------------------------------

Just the mana bar, nothing else.
    Code:
    1.7 beta-mageX{'MageManaBarBgFrame',true,true,1,275,25,{0,0,0,1},true,10,1,true,1,true,1,true,true,true,false,3,true}X{'MMBInfoFrame1',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,1,-3,true,28,true,'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MMBInfoFrame2',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,98,-13,false,17,true,'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MMBInfoFrame3',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,200,-3,false,6,true,'MageManaBarHealth'}X{'MMBInfoFrame4',true,false,8,83,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},false,1,-14,true,27,true,'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MMBInfoFrame5',true,false,7,126,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},true,116.14285714286,10.5,true,18,false,'MageManaBarGlobal'}X{'MMBInfoFrame6',true,false,7,126,9,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},true,116.14285714286,10.5,true,17,false,'MageManaBarGlobal'}X{'MMBevocation',true,true,35}X{'MMBmanaGem',true,true,12405}X{'MMBmageArmor',true,true,103,false,true}X{'MMBArcaneTorrent',false,true,94}X{'MMBOrb',true,true,80}X{'MageManaBarInfoFrame',false,true,24,'xx','xx',{0,0,0,1}}X{'MMBspellcost',true,0.39999997615814}X{'MageManaBarFrame',true,{1,0.2,0.2,1},{1,0.4,0,1},{1,0.8,0,1},{1,1,0,1},{0.2,0.5,0.8,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\ShadowedUnitFrames\\media\\textures\\Charcoal','Charcoal','Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF','Friz Quadrata TT',true}X{'MageManaBarOverflowFrame','xx','xx','xx','xx','xx',{1,0.3,0.3,0.5}}X{'MageManaBarWarning',false,false,true,230,20,{0.2,0.5,0.86,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\MageManaBar\\Images\\combubarblack','CombuBar','Interface\\AddOns\\MageManaBar\\Fonts\\Bazooka.ttf','Bazooka',15,true,{0,0,0,1},true,{0.25,0.25,0.3,1},20}X{true,true,true,true,true,true,true,false,true}X{'MageManaBarHealth',false,true,15,{1,0.3,0.3,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\ShadowedUnitFrames\\media\\textures\\Charcoal','Charcoal'}X{'MageManaBarBgFrame'}X{'MageManaBarCastFrame',false,true,true,20,false,{0.6,0.5,0,1},{0.4,0.3,0.7,1},true,'Interface\\AddOns\\ShadowedUnitFrames\\media\\textures\\Charcoal','Charcoal','Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF','Friz Quadrata TT',8}X{'MageManaBarAlternate',false,12,{0.6,0.5,0,1},'Interface\\AddOns\\MageManaBar\\Images\\combubarblack','CombuBar','Fonts\\FRIZQT__.TTF','Friz Quadrata TT',8,true}
    Last edited by mmoc5c7403561b; 2011-10-22 at 08:02 AM.

Found a bug when spamming AEx4 -> AB on some dummies for a while testing out the new features.

While in combat doing the rotation it was overlapping the AE icons over each other - http://i.imgur.com/iarWU.jpg

And out of combat it just permanently had pictures of AE's - http://i.imgur.com/5oNQ6.jpg

Reloading the UI fixed it, but I was able to recreate the bug again after about 30 seconds of doing the same thing again.

Deleted
    Angayelle, you said you addon would one day inclue ICD tracking of trinkets and enchants, does this version includes this?

You rock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    Angayelle, you said you addon would one day inclue ICD tracking of trinkets and enchants, does this version includes this?
    No, not yet. And furthermore i'm thinking about making a separate addon for it since it could be useful for all classes and not only casters.

---------- Post added 2011-10-24 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Found a bug when spamming AEx4 -> AB on some dummies for a while testing out the new features.

While in combat doing the rotation it was overlapping the AE icons over each other - http://i.imgur.com/iarWU.jpg

And out of combat it just permanently had pictures of AE's - http://i.imgur.com/5oNQ6.jpg

Reloading the UI fixed it, but I was able to recreate the bug again after about 30 seconds of doing the same thing again.
    Do you have some more information, like how many targets where you hitting at the same time and such ?

Quote Originally Posted by angayelle View Post
    Do you have some more information, like how many targets where you hitting at the same time and such ?
    Four target dummies in Stormwind in the corner. Here's a video of it happening in action (happens around :35) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCEVR9gy14

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Four target dummies in Stormwind in the corner. Here's a video of it happening in action (happens around :35) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFCEVR9gy14
    thanks a lot for this report, seemed i've put an hard limit to the number of AE which could be chained without resetting the counter, corrected now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I <3 this addon, glad to see that you've made vast improvements in my time away

Deleted
    Is there the possibility to change the shape of the bar? maybe if I want it curved, or with round angles...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    Is there the possibility to change the shape of the bar? maybe if I want it curved, or with round angles...
    Nope not possible and i wonder how much work it would to make it so.

Would it be nice by combining magemanabar(arcane) and combustion helper(fire)? This are both Mage Spec Specific addon that helps alot but heres a problem. Both are OUTdated and a new patch is comming. Both this addon helps on single target, aoe, tracking buff from both aoe and single target, and also cd.

Deleted
    Hi angayelle. Its a great addon however it still needs some tweaks before it can fully become a bonified unit frame replacement. I would like it to have small indicators like when you enter or leave combat (those two crossed swords) and of course pvp timers. Every other unit frame addon has this, including the Blizz default one, and i do believe you should implemented it too. Then it will become the best unit frame replacement for arcane mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekkk View Post
    Hi angayelle. Its a great addon however it still needs some tweaks before it can fully become a bonified unit frame replacement. I would like it to have small indicators like when you enter or leave combat (those two crossed swords) and of course pvp timers. Every other unit frame addon has this, including the Blizz default one, and i do believe you should implemented it too. Then it will become the best unit frame replacement for arcane mages.
    good idea.

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Would it be nice by combining magemanabar(arcane) and combustion helper(fire)? This are both Mage Spec Specific addon that helps alot but heres a problem. Both are OUTdated and a new patch is comming. Both this addon helps on single target, aoe, tracking buff from both aoe and single target, and also cd.
    I won't combine them, they are totally independent from each other and alot of people wouldn't use both. Moreover MageManaBar is aimed to be used by different classes once i'm done with mages. i'm on PTR and both addons should be ready for 4.3, don't worry.

Nice, yeh gues its only logical to update it to 4.3 since nobody is using fire today anyway lol

I have a question, is it included in magemana bar the timer for BE racial arcane torent? I macro it on burn phase with the mana gem but i get overflow cause of it, alot.

Also is it part of the magemanabar bust rotation not to include miror image on the 2nd burst and instead use miror image while evocating (after the 2nd burst)??

Deleted
    Nice, yeh gues its only logical to update it to 4.3 since nobody is using fire today anyway lol

I have a question, is it included in magemana bar the timer for BE racial arcane torent? I macro it on burn phase with the mana gem but i get overflow cause of it, alot.

Also is it part of the magemanabar bust rotation not to include miror image on the 2nd burst and instead use miror image while evocating (after the 2nd burst)??
    Arcane torrent should be behaving as normal with timer and stuff, let me know if it doesn't.
    MageManaBar doesn't take mirror images in account at any point, where did you see anything about it ? are speaking of flame orb ?

Yeh I think the bar that indicates where to use mana gem which commonly where people use burst needs to move a litle to adjust to the BE who has an arcane torrent racial. For now What I do to prevent overflow since I macro every cd with racial, I use it about 2-3 mage armor ticks before the managem indicator.

Theres also another prob that I notice. I was on firelands when I notice the Top Bar disappear half the fight. I dont know how it happen. The top bar is where the indicator saying the words burst phase ready, burst phase timer, orb phase. It got fixed after reloging. Everything worked fine after reloging

Deleted
    Yeh I think the bar that indicates where to use mana gem which commonly where people use burst needs to move a litle to adjust to the BE who has an arcane torrent racial. For now What I do to prevent overflow since I macro every cd with racial, I use it about 2-3 mage armor ticks before the managem indicator.

Theres also another prob that I notice. I was on firelands when I notice the Top Bar disappear half the fight. I dont know how it happen. The top bar is where the indicator saying the words burst phase ready, burst phase timer, orb phase. It got fixed after reloging. Everything worked fine after reloging
    If this happen again, export your settings and pm them to me so i can check.

Deleted
    I'm going to assume my case applies to lots of people : I start a burning phase and use Mana Gem / Arcane Power. When I reach 80% mana, I'm obviously still burning and even casting with Mana Gem and Arcane Power still up. If I use Flame Orb at approximately 80% mana as the addon suggests, I'm loosing a GCD that has to be used to cast an Arcane Blast (Arcane Power up = Arcane Blast only).

Since the damage done by Flame Orb changes with the buffs you gain / loose and also with your mana percentage in Arcane spec, I think the addon should suggest that Flame Orb has to be cast right before starting a burning phase when it's available and/or when in a regen phase (i.e. mana around 90/100%), in order to max its damage ; never while burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maak View Post
    I'm going to assume my case applies to lots of people : I start a burning phase and use Mana Gem / Arcane Power. When I reach 80% mana, I'm obviously still burning and even casting with Mana Gem and Arcane Power still up. If I use Flame Orb at approximately 80% mana as the addon suggests, I'm loosing a GCD that has to be used to cast an Arcane Blast (Arcane Power up = Arcane Blast only).

Since the damage done by Flame Orb changes with the buffs you gain / loose and also with your mana percentage in Arcane spec, I think the addon should suggest that Flame Orb has to be cast right before starting a burning phase when it's available and/or when in a regen phase (i.e. mana around 90/100%), in order to max its damage ; never while burning.
    The tick mark for flame orb is for conserve phase, not burn phase. It shows you where you can cast flame orb after a mini burn and arcane missle spam back up to full mana. This has recently been proven to not be a dps gain though. I personally have all the flame orb stuff turned off on mine.