Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Did this get moved from the Wow forum?
    Ya I was thinking the same thing

Deleted
    Speaking of which, while we're here, is it 5 characters per total or 5 characters/server? Also any idea how much would other slots cost? How much did they cost in GW1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Speaking of which, while we're here, is it 5 characters per total or 5 characters/server?
    Server transfers will be free and easy, so a character being on a server isn't a restriction, so I'd say 5 for the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Also any idea how much would other slots cost? How much did they cost in GW1?
    $10

Deleted
    Server transfers will be free and easy, so a character being on a server isn't a restriction, so I'd say 5 for the account.

$10
    Thank you very much for those answers. Well then 5 per account is ok, if I think about it I only have 7 characters in WoW and 1 is the banking char and 1 is Horde, so if we take those away it would fit me perfectly hehe.... unless of course I'll spend years on 1-2 chars since there's too much content and I like doing everything.

Deleted
    I wish there was at least 8, so I could make one of each profession, but I guess 5 is enough

Deleted
    Where have people heard this info? As far as I Knew there were rumours of 5 slots but Devs said they hadn't decided on the number and the cost.

I'm actually quite pleased if it ends up being 5 slots as it will help contain my inner altoholic. One of the biggest things that kept me from filling my WoW account with characters was the fact that I hated having to start with zero achievements each time. Seeing as how Gw2 achievements will be account wide I don't think I could stop myself.

Looking forward to mastering fewer professions instead. I don't want the whole "Jack of all trades, master of none" thing happening.

I will support this game by buying many, MANY character slots. I need to explore the stories and race/class combos of everything! I figure there won't be any monthly fee, so I'll be free to spend my money on things like that.

Well from my small math of thinking what Ill want (but can live without) Ill end up spending a fortune in GW2 store lol.
    5 slots is enough tbh, especially if you can move servers for free, around.

How can 5 slots be enough when there's 8 professions... Requiring us to delete characters in order to enjoy all the game is pretty stupid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will be able to buy the 3 slots you need for the three last proffessions for less than you'd spend on just playing WoW for 3-4 months.

Deleted
    Really?! That would be so awesome.. I was already worrying about choosing a realm, cause I really screwed that up in WoW and changing realm was $$

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by possibilities View Post
    How can 5 slots be enough when there's 8 professions... Requiring us to delete characters in order to enjoy all the game is pretty stupid.
    There are 5 races, and thus 5 main personal stories to play through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by possibilities View Post
    Learn yourself some facts!

5 character slots because there are five races.
    Guild Wars 2 has an ingame store where you can buy character slots for less than one month of WoW. You can have three extra character slots for around the same cost of two months of WoW and have more than 2 months of enjoyment.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Really?! That would be so awesome.. I was already worrying about choosing a realm, cause I really screwed that up in WoW and changing realm was $$
    Ya this is how it should be. In wow there's no monkey pushing the ok button or manually transferring characters over. It's all done by computers. And yet they charge ppl £15 for a change.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Other probably already told you but 10 per server 50 for account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jontehack View Post
    Other people have already said this but make sure you know what subforum your posting in before you post. This is about Guild Wars 2, not WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by jontehack View Post
    Lol. They should start infract people for not viewing what forum they are posting in. <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Learn yourself some facts!

5 character slots because there are five races.
    Guild Wars 2 has an ingame store where you can buy character slots for less than one month of WoW. You can have three extra character slots for around the same cost of two months of WoW and have more than 2 months of enjoyment.
    Ok thanks for enlighting me on the buyable slots. Still, as you surely know, the stories of a each races are not set in stone. Your initial biography choices matter and probably other stuff you choose along the way will influence what your personal story will be. That means there will be way more than 5 personal stories to go through. Plus, id like to be able to play and master all of the 8 professions.

So that means that in order to enjoy the full game (multiple personal stories per race, playing/trying/mastering all 8 professions) i still need to pay 50% or more than what i paid initially (if game costs 60$ and 3 character slots costs 10$ each). That is my where my displeasure comes from.

I understand it's no really big deal to pay 30$, but having, say, 20 character slots initially wouldn't be much harder for Arenanet to implement. (WoW has 50 slots)

I don't see any reason to actually defend having only 5 slots. It seems it's like that only because Guild Wars 1 was like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that don't want to enjoy "all the game" and are satisfied with 5 slots can pay a cheaper price than people that want 8 slots, so no, it is not stupid to sell slots separatly.