Thread: The UFC Thread

Page 2 of 197 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    It was really sad mostly because Penn was sorta a hero to me when I was starting out, and we can quite clearly see his past his prime. A few years ago and I reckon he would have had Diaz. Then again, I would say that, cus I sorta hate Nick Diaz. I mean, all that press conference shit...deal with it. Its part of the fucking job dude, grow up and realise you have to do it, or you dont get to fight.

Go GSP, wipe the floor with him!
    Penn is a legend, no doubt. But he said it best last night: "I want to perform at the top level. … I've got a daughter. I've got another daughter on the way. I don't want to go home looking like this. I'm done".

He's more than wealthy enough (comes from an extremely wealthy family), and his priorities have changed. I'm sure he still has the fire to fight inside of him, but he has matured and realized there's more to his life than that, and it only makes me respect him more.

Excellent career, stellar fighter. I'm sure he isn't completely done yet though, just got caught up in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by satyrikon View Post
    As much as I respect their talents, the Diaz brothers.... man are they ever assholes.
    Right in line with Rashad, Bisping, Tito, Shamrock, Baroni, Koscheck, and Serra

Fuck all those guys, I love watching their faces get mashed, they play that villain card well - i fuckin hate em !
    Ironically, the "good guys" are most likely bigger assholes. Being competitive/not afraid to say whats on your mind doesn't make you an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    This just defines how much of a fair weather fan you are. Missing a press conference is a valid reason to get removed from a title bout huh?

That's one of the biggest problems with Pro MMA and the UFC. Promoters shouldn't be deciding who fights for the titles, the fighters should via their rankings and records.

As far as Diaz vs GSP goes, i'd be happy to place a friendly little wager with you, if you're up to it. Diaz is better then GSP in every way.
    No, its that he was booked 3 flights and just refused to show. You have to play the game a little bit, y'know.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Deleted
    He was getting paid to fight so it was his business to be there.If he really wanted to fight GSP and get the title he would have been there.Personally I hope GSP kicks the shit out of him.

Not the best voice over, but its great

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    No, its that he was booked 3 flights and just refused to show. You have to play the game a little bit, y'know.
    His excuse was that he didnt even know about it, and when he did he got to the airport too late. But again, what does this have to do with fighting? It's lame melodrama at best broseph. (Not arguing with you, just saying the situation in general).

GSP did not want to fight Diaz, hence why Diaz HAD to be the bad guy last night and call him out, since GSP was there. If you watch the post fight presser, him and Dana White answer all these questions.

His excuse was that he didnt even know about it, and when he did he got to the airport too late. But again, what does this have to do with fighting? It's lame melodrama at best broseph. (Not arguing with you, just saying the situation in general).

GSP did not want to fight Diaz, hence why Diaz HAD to be the bad guy last night and call him out, since GSP was there. If you watch the post fight presser, him and Dana White answer all these questions.
    Not sure if troll or just stupid.

<Infracted>

dear mod,

But this wasn't?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post13962215

If some blowhard is going to call me a "fairweather fan" and then come up with a string of fanboy-esque excuses for his favorite sub-par fighter's parlor tricks and attitude...he's going to get called out on it for being an idiot. /endof

"He didn't know about it"...which one? the first? the second or third? Then referring to it as the "beauty pageant?" The guy is disrespectful and doesn't deserve anything in the UFC. Let him go fight the B-listers as he has done for his entire career thus far. The only reason he has a title fight is because he talked a load of crap during the presser about GSP and GSP is calling him out on it. I for one hope he smashes his pug face in. Diaz is just another ego-maniacal Gracie camp goon. Sport needs better representation than mouths like him.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2011-10-31 at 03:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Ninja kick is win

Imma MMA noob, but caught this clip on Sportscenter and was like damn, Neenjakickftw!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGwi8JLckkM

If I temporarily wandered from the focus of this thread, I apologize.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suf-fer-ing. Yoda

Haha, thats a pretty awesome ninja kick alright.
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.

I've never met someone so thin skinned that fair weather fan sets them off. Apologies for posting my opinion, but that's how you are acting.

Just to clear it up, Nick Diaz missed 1 press conference. Just 1. He missed 3 flights the same day that the UFC kept scheduling for him, but again, he didn't know about them (it was confirmed his management screwed up, not him). He also gave up his Strikeforce title just to come fight in the UFC. Before you go spewing statements, you better check your facts. You're 100% wrong on this one.

Also, i enjoy talking about MMA, i've been involved in and around MMA since 1995. I enjoy talking with people about it, but not people with your attitude, so this is the last i'll be responding to you. Take care and remember to do some research before going off on someone, it only makes you look worse.
    It's not just missing the press conference, he flat out disappeared off the face of the earth. He wouldn't talk to Dana, and he wouldn't even talk to his own coach, Cesar Gracie: http://mmaweekly.com/cesar-gracie-di...ght-at-ufc-137

For the record, that's his own coach saying that he agreed with Dana pulling him from the title fight vs. GSP.

Also, he missed two back-to-back press conferences. Missing the second one was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak: http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/9/8/241...ondit-MMA-News

10+ Year Old Account
    Nick missed 2 pressers in a row for the GSP fight. It's something he has done in the past, many times. When they gave Diaz the fight, they made it clear to him that he was going to have to do the whole job, that he couldn't just show up for the fight and everything would be hunky-dory. Promoting the fights is part of the UFC fighter's job, simple as that.

And trying to say it was his manager's fault is a cop out, simple as that. Diaz knew he was supposed to be at the press conferences, so HE should have found out what his travel accommodations were. There's no way to know if his managers could have even been able to reach him on the phone, when his coach and friend Cesar Gracie couldn't, and Dana White couldn't. He obviously knew what he was doing wrong, but just didn't care until it affected him. When he found out he lost the fight, THEN he comes out and starts throwing out excuses of why he didn't make it to the pressers. It's quite obvious he was dodging Dana and Cesar's calls before the decision to remove him from the fight went through.

If Nick can do his job and promote the fight like he's supposed to, then we should have a good fight on our hands. I definitely expect GSP to win, he's just far too good at every single part of the sport. The only thing Diaz has over him, is that Diaz tends to go for the kill, while GSP goes for the smartest win possible. GSP is leaps and bounds ahead of any of the fighters Diaz has gone against. I would say its safe to say Penn was Diaz's toughest opponent yet, and Penn is far past his prime, yet when GSP beat Penn, he was still in his prime, and GSP has gotten so much better since that fight. I just think GSP is going to pick Diaz apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    i cant wait for the overeem vs lesnar fight, that to me is more exciting fight that the cain and jds fight. dont get me wrong i think its gonna be a good fight, but overeem and lesnar!! damnnnnnnn! also i cant wait to see gsp vs diaz!! after seeing diaz destroy penn like that, thats gonna be a good fight.

Ahh I wouldnt worry, Im counting on GSP to put him in his place. I dont particularly like either of the Diaz brothers tbh.

How do you guys feel about ufc 138? excited?

Holy Terry Etim Batman!

Saturday can't get here fast enough. The #1 and #2 ranked heavyweights, at the top of their games, are about to throw down and I'm excited as hell for it. I honestly haven't been this stoked for a fight since Fedor v. Cro Cop.

Whoever wins gets to face the winner of Lesnar v. Ubereem, and after that probably Barnett if he wins the Strikeforce HW GP (I think he does).

10+ Year Old Account

This gave me goosebumps, Saturday can't come soon enough!

Deleted
    How do people feel about a drug cheat ( sonnen ) being given a title shot so soon?

Personally I feel like drug cheats in combat sports are much worse than drug cheats in athletics because you're directly inflicting harm on the opponent, not just competing against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wold love to see Sonnen removed from the UFC but he won't be cause he draws interest with his antics and is the only person to even be close to competition for Anderson Silva. The only reason Sonnen is getting a title shot so soon is because he is the only one to give Silva a bit of competition in the UFC. Since the UFC let go of Marquardt they should do the same to Sonnen. Silva Vs. Sonnen II is something people want to see so UFC is keeping him cause he is making them money.

Deleted
    39 minutes of adverts 1 minute of fighting. Oh dear.