Going to give rift a try, suggest me a role!

As the title says i am currently very bored and am going to try rift, could you guys provide me with some recommendations for a role please. I am a pretty solitary player who enjoys playing solo for the most part so decent survivability/damage are the most important factors to me.

Thanks in advance!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

Go forth and distribute points as you see fit. You also just described every archetype in the game lol

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between cloud 9 and the seventh level of hell
    its been a few months since i was last on rift but my first 50 was a build called a Duracell Cleric. Past level 26 or so it is freaking godlike for solo'ing, farming, questing etc. and fairly decent aoe damage/support in t1/t2 instance runs

I can't promise that recent patches haven't messed with it hard but it was sick awhile ago

(i can't post links yet as i haven't been to active on the MMO champ forums yet but google "duracell cleric" and it should pop up as one of the fight responses (and the link will be on their official forums so its easy to check :P))

good luck

Don't go warrior - you've been warned.

Rogue is the flavor of the month it seems.

Mages are nice too.

Haven't tried Cleric.

Make sure you do research before choosing a server I suggest looking over forums. Choose server depending on what your plans are pvp, pve or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it very easy to solo as a rogue. No resource to worry about. You can tank for questing well enough in regular dps gear, even in dps souls. You have a ridiculously large tool set. The most I have when killing regular quest mobs is rolling assassin (leaching poision), blade dancer (built for solo toe-to-toe fights), and riftstalker (give a bit of survivablity and the talent that heals you when you kill stuff), you literally cannot die and can teleport everywhere.

TBH all classes are very versatile. In order of most fun while leveling I pick Rogue, Mage, Warrior, Cleric. In order of survivability I pick Cleric, Rogue/Mage, Warrior. Rift is about playing how you want to play.

I is are a rogue all the way!

Here is a link to my youtube with my PvP Videos of Rouge PvP.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mythblaze?feature=mhee

10+ Year Old Account
    Be a cleric if you're soloist.

You get an unwanted but still useful support role (good for LFG), a tank soul, a shadow-priest-ish dps soul, a ret paladin-ish soul (That soul build is the one you want for questing) and 3 different heal roles, going from single target burst heals, to single target over-time heals, to group heals. Sort of like a holy priest, holy paladin and druid all wrapped into one big box.

That ret paladin soul tree is called a shaman Duracell cleric, or something like that. Basically, you bind all your single target attacks to one key (this seems to be the only class that can do this, though) and spam it. Your first move is one that has a CD but can be refreshed with other skills (also baked into the keybind), and whenever your instant cast procs come up (similar to 3 holypower/instant exorcism in WoW) then you instantly use those with no global cooldown. It's easy and efficient, but gets incredibly boring quickly.

Go cleric unless you like damage. In that case go rogue.

Mages and warriors are mixed bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    As the title says i am currently very bored and am going to try rift, could you guys provide me with some recommendations for a role please. I am a pretty solitary player who enjoys playing solo for the most part so decent survivability/damage are the most important factors to me.

Thanks in advance!
    Jeleh, you sound just like me in your play style! I am playing a Cleric atm using the Justicar/Shaman/Warden souls. I believe this is probably what you are looking for...I can easily solo 10-12 mobs that are my level (48) or a couple higher and finish most fights with full mana and health. GL to you, hope you find something you enjoy!