Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie View Post
    I immediately thought of the latest Mortal Kombat game's fatality finishers: you get a sort-of an X-Ray view of the enemy's body and see in slow motion as each bone bends and snaps.
    lol you and me both!!

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 06:28 PM ----------

Thanks a lot, it really did <3. I ain't got a problem with the Spirits of Nature (it just appeals to my Ranger-nerdyness), but I want real animals and seems my worries were uncalled for ^^.

Now only to continue the suffering and horrors of waiting for this game...
    Glad i could help!! And don't worry, you'll most likely be overjoyed once the game comes out especially once Anet finishes the changes to ranger and makes them and their pet fight more as one!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppasaurs View Post
    Hey! I do the same thing to my Do....g....... wait, you where talking about humans, not animals..... nvm.

Eny way! Instead of jumping in the air and curb stomping some one inorder to kill them, I would like the rangers "FINISH HIM" animation to be done by the pet, it could bite the opponents head of or set them on fire, some thing that involves the pet killing the oppenent would be nice.
    Um this is not Mortal Kombat..... Just sayin. So there will be no "FINISH HIM animation".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    Um this is not Mortal Kombat..... Just sayin. So there will be no "FINISH HIM animation".
    I TOTES WANT TO TURN into A PENGUIN AND LAY AN EXPLOSIVE EGG UNDER A STAGGERED OPPONENT THOUGH!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I completely agree.. I want my pet to feel like a companion not a pet. I want it to have a lot of utility/damage and for me to worry about it as much as I do another player or at least have reasons to care about it that much.

It'd be sweet too if you got pet-related quests where you got a backstory going for you and your pet ^^

Nice post :-)

Played a survival hunter in wow. Leveled LW/skin and ofc cooking, first aid etc because they feel like hunter/ranger skills. So anything that makes the relationship between man n beast more companionable would be very welcome. Animations and interactions in particular, spatial and environmental awareness etc. Would love to see them reacting to threats rather than sitting there until u actually did something.

Also, them reacting to your actions and personality would be cool. I.e. If you're evil and have killed some peasants or something repeatedly, they become generally snarling, throat ripping monsters themselves. Or likewise noble protectors if u are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daragonis View Post
    Yeah, I completely agree.. I want my pet to feel like a companion not a pet. I want it to have a lot of utility/damage and for me to worry about it as much as I do another player or at least have reasons to care about it that much.

It'd be sweet too if you got pet-related quests where you got a backstory going for you and your pet ^^
    I personally haven't ever been a ranger/hunter/etc. - fan, but still I agree that it would make the class feel more real if your pet meant more and if you could interact with it in other ways, too; say, if you could e.g. play with it, fetch ball, roll on the floor having a play-fight and so on. And yes, if the pet even showed some personality of its own, like insisting on attacking certain types of critters on-sight, or running to certain kinds of purple flowers to do poopie, or whatever random stuff you can come up with; it would make the pet feel much more lively.

The problem is that many players just want the pet to be an aide and not be too reliant on even having a pet at all whereas other players want the pet to be more than just an aide and actually being very important to you. There's two different camps of people with different ideals, and no matter what stance ANet chooses the other camp will feel offended.

Or atleast I cannot figure out a way to please both camps at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally haven't ever been a ranger/hunter/etc. - fan, but still I agree that it would make the class feel more real if your pet meant more and if you could interact with it in other ways, too; say, if you could e.g. play with it, fetch ball, roll on the floor having a play-fight and so on. And yes, if the pet even showed some personality of its own, like insisting on attacking certain types of critters on-sight, or running to certain kinds of purple flowers to do poopie, or whatever random stuff you can come up with; it would make the pet feel much more lively.

The problem is that many players just want the pet to be an aide and not be too reliant on even having a pet at all whereas other players want the pet to be more than just an aide and actually being very important to you. There's two different camps of people with different ideals, and no matter what stance ANet chooses the other camp will feel offended.

Luckily, it seems Anet wants the pet to be a HUGE roll in rangers, so i have a feeling we may see some of those things you mentioned being added, and also putting a very heavy emphasis on fighting along side your pet and not trying to stuff it into your backpack and never let it do anything (you know some idiot out there will be trying this).

Also, it seems Anet is saying, if you don't want a pet and want to be ranged, play a thief or warrior, which means we wont have specs like in wow where the pet is just kinda there and doesn't even do anything to help you
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Luckily, it seems Anet wants the pet to be a HUGE roll in rangers, so i have a feeling we may see some of those things you mentioned being added, and also putting a very heavy emphasis on fighting along side your pet and not trying to stuff it into your backpack and never let it do anything (you know some idiot out there will be trying this).

Also, it seems Anet is saying, if you don't want a pet and want to be ranged, play a thief or warrior, which means we wont have specs like in wow where the pet is just kinda there and doesn't even do anything to help you
    I sure hope they will be adding some actual AI and personality to the pets. Of course some people would be turned off by the pet randomly chasing nearby players and trying to get them to play with it, but oh well, atleast I'd totally love it.

Rather odd though to choose Rangers if the player do not like the pet aspect....there are plenty of professions that do not rely on pets, and also use ranged weapons so...I think Anet should cater the Rangers to those that love Rangers and their pets, not to those that just want ranged gunslingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I dunno about all that, but I can't wait for my Charr Ranger to be able to tame a Moa Bird once I'm able to (if I am able to).

I've always wanted a more highly detailed Tallstrider like pet, and those birds are awesome!

I just want him to run up to enemies and be all- *twitch head to the left, twitch to the right, CAW and peck the eyes out!*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Eh, I dunno about all that, but I can't wait for my Charr Ranger to be able to tame a Moa Bird once I'm able to (if I am able to).

I've always wanted a more highly detailed Tallstrider like pet, and those birds are awesome!

I just want him to run up to enemies and be all- *twitch head to the left, twitch to the right, CAW and peck the eyes out!*
    Are you going to name your Charr "Sylvester" and your Moa "Tweety?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'll tell you right now if no one else does this i will lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll tell you right now if no one else does this i will lol
    Try to get a yellow one!

Which reminds me, I need to think of a final fantasy name incase there are any yellow moa's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I have names already from my original "ranger-type" character from D&D.

Yay D&D!

Kibbles and Bitts

I have to say i agree. I would like pets to be a bit more active and feel like true companions. However since I am going to be starting with an Asura engineer I have to wonder if gun turrets count as pets.

"I love you cold unfeeling metal contraption"

Lovingly paraphrased from this great Invader Zim scene:
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2011-11-03 at 07:18 PM.

I love your ideas OP, sadly I doubt they will happen in gw2 or any game for that matter at least the pet love side of it; as much as I wish they would.

I would hope they do make pets alot more threatening than they are atm, enough to make players think 'woah.. look out here comes fluffy, oh crap!' since they are supposed to be a core part of who a ranger is they really should be as dangerous to have as the ranger itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who else is excited about these here pet changes?!

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

Who else is excited about these here pet changes?!

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters
    Me gusta!

But, nothing about behaviour and such .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Me gusta!

But, nothing about behaviour and such .
    Sadly no =(, however I do like how we can swap between them in combat!!