Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

It's official - if you like PvP, stick with WoW

Same story as with Rift and every other MMO out there - PvP is crap.

Boy I'm glad I commited to annual pass.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-02 at 03:35 PM.

its hard to take a review seriously from a site called Cake... the pvp is better than 7 year old unbalanced pvp.
    enjoy your panda's.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    <SNIP> Same story as with Rift and every other MMO out there - PvP is crap.

Boy I'm glad I commited to annual pass.
    Hmmm i'm quite sure that site breaks the NDA...
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-02 at 03:39 PM.
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy who wrote this review didn't even get passtlvl 15, im not sure how accurate or relevant his opinion can be.

Is it even possible judge a game that isn't out yet? I hope everyone doesn't let other peoples opinions dictate their own view.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=202883

from 12 to 26 seconds... that's just 14 seconds and this video owned SWTOR and Rift in PvP.

love how he says the companions are worthless which from what ive seen and heard are completely untrue they are about equal to your common player (casual if people want to call them that which i dont) they can heal just about the same and tank just as good as player controlled toons, as for the pvp it might be bursty but at least that one flurry of burst isnt gonna 1 shot you like sub rogues till about 50ish, the map design in huttball could use a bit of improvement not a fan of the 1 entrance to cap area but other than that way better pvp than the BGs in wow also lol to the traps add no gameplay value, guess he kept getting stunned and pushed back into those traps thats why he called them annoying, and im pretty sure WGS is the best BG in wow oh and he only reached level 15 way to know about the game bro.

I can't put a lot of faith behind the content of this report, especially considering the widely accepted media opinion is much easier on pvp then that. There are several conclusions that can be made from the current state of pvp, none of which this article seems to reach through measured analysis. To make the determination that world pvp is completely missing... at level 15... on a BETA... where only a fraction of the population is available... where everyone is equally testing multiple areas of the game... just... err... <head explodes>...

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The guy who wrote this review didn't even get passtlvl 15, im not sure how accurate or relevant his opinion can be.
    Rift Beta PvP in 35 was even better then in Live at 50.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=202883

from 12 to 26 seconds... that's just 14 seconds and this video owned SWTOR and Rift in PvP.
    WoW fanboymuch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift Beta PvP in 35 was even better then in Live at 50.
    What that has to do with swtor and judging pvp i'm not sure. His statements hold ZERO water as far as i'm concerned. Christ hes maybe filled out half a talent tree and has half the picture at best. Somehow of course its then "official". His claim that hes "held several #1 arena spots" is dubious at best.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2011-11-02 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    this.. and also you get more abilitys higher up in level.. judging pvp from such a low level is not very good

there is a video of a level 50 Bounty hunter you should go look for, that had some nice pvp
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

he even got the price wrong way to know about current game prices

Quote Originally Posted by Medjai View Post
    WoW fanboymuch?
    For a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    this.. and also you get more abilitys higher up in level.. judging pvp from such a low level is not very good

there is a video of a level 50 Bounty hunter you should go look for, that had some nice pvp
    QFT theres also a vid of a level 50(i believe) Jedi Shadow floating around and hes got plenty of abilities as well, that vid alone makes me want to play SWTOR even more lol

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post

I've only seen one high level PVP and it was very nice. not bursty at all..
    any chance you could send me a link in the PM? or will the mods block it?
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this review already a couple of hours ago and when it go to his bottom line of "Anyone that tells you otherwise is either a Bioware fanboy, a Blizzard fanboy, or just clueless." I dismissed it. He has no credentials to be so authoritative, hell he barely got past the origin world. Watch the video of him playing if you need further proof.

Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    I've only seen one high level PVP and it was very nice. not bursty at all..
    any chance you could send me a link in the PM? or will the mods block it?
    i can try and send you the shadow one but i havent seen the BH one, i want to look at that vid too lol

Deleted
    i suggest that those who are out to save the world will soon arrive and close this thread.

and btw: if pvp is like WoW pvp, thats ok for me. as long as i have this epic storytelling in the other gameparts.

his english is broken, his gameplay footage looks similar to an 7 year old playing.. top cs & arena team player my ass.

The Cake is a LIE