Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Red face Hunter pets in Pandaria

So what do you guys reckon?

What new pets do you wanna see, new models, new ideas etc?

Personally i think they should put Hydras in as a pet!

Don't care, just hope we can use Scare Beast on Pandas at all times
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Reminds me of when Undead players were really counted as Undead rather than Humanoids. :/

---------------

Petopia has a huge discussion of potential pets. They're sure the crane will be a hunter pet.

cranes
    new generic reskins: turtles,cats, snakes
    id like to see a spirit beast dragon like thing

For Hydras it's just a matter of time, they already were given a family attack and such. I'd expect them to come with Cataclysm, though I'd also expect them to be exotics.
    At this point I can't think of any more new families to add, at least not speculating on new ones from Pandaria. There's the old standbys of stags/clefthoof/horses/etc. but if Blizzard does that they should really just open it up to all Beast mobs and I kinda don't see them doing that. Surprised we still can't tame Basilisks though since they're just reskinned crocs for the most part.
    As for just new models/skins, I'd expect to see plenty of new cats (like that lovely tiger we saw) and monkeys, I'm assuming Pandaria is mostly tropical with likely a colder region, too. Perhaps some new bears? I don't think those cranes will be tamable but I'd expect some parrots or something fancy/gaudy. And maybe some new "stone" pets to go with all the jade.

a yeti like exotic beast. not like the northrend ones, think gorilla but larger and more detailed.
    special attack would be grab a target, chokeslam it dealing X damage and then throwing the target in a random direction, slowing it for Y seconds.

Said it before, I'll say it again: basilisks, hydras, and pterrordax.

Especially basilisks. It's always seemed something of an injustice that those scabby troggs can tame them, but we can't.

Some gem kitties, maybe cranes, re skinned old cats maybe, and I seriously hope hydras.
    And I really really really hope a spirit beast thats not a cat or overly see-through.

Did you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaklina View Post
    And I really really really hope a spirit beast thats not a cat or overly see-through.
    Agreed. To get still more specific, I'd personally like to see a reptilian (crocolisk or warp stalker, maybe?) one.

Deleted
    Turtles is a must! I badly want a really mystical turtle or something old that kinda fits in with age and stuff.
    So basically a wrinkly turtle.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Worked on druids in bear/cat form some years ago.... Twas hilarious! On topic, no doubt a bunch of asian themed things, such as orangutangs, tigers, cranes, yaks and such... And probably a few funky spirit ones.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Agreed. To get still more specific, I'd personally like to see a reptilian (crocolisk or warp stalker, maybe?) one.
    I like the idea of a crocolisk one. Or a snake

Cranes, the 4 sacred animals as Spirit Beats (Tortoise, qillin, dragon and phoenix) maybe a mandarin duck and giant grasshoppers?

I really hope the cranes are tamable. Gorgeous.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crane as a new pet for everyone.
    Yak as a new pet for beast mastery.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I said it once and I'll say it again, Rams, Hydras, Basilisks, and as far as I saw in the tailor, the jade kittys, the cranes, and that new tiger would be sick if they did a all black variant (would make me drop my saber-panther).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Cranes, the 4 sacred animals as Spirit Beats (Tortoise, qillin, dragon and phoenix) maybe a mandarin duck* and giant grasshoppers?

* In orange sauce?
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C. S. Lewis

why do people keep saying that we will tame dragons? theres absolutly no way we will because dragons are sentient then most other beasts much the reason why we cant tame regular dragons or proto dragons. it will never happen hunters have never been known to tame dragons swo why would we now?

Quote Originally Posted by holybernard View Post
    why do people keep saying that we will tame dragons? theres absolutly no way we will because dragons are sentient then most other beasts much the reason why we cant tame regular dragons or proto dragons. it will never happen hunters have never been known to tame dragons swo why would we now?
    The intelligence of the creatures hunters already tame is hardly the end-all be-all argument against taming dragons and their kin. After all, Raptors are smart enough to create "jewelry" out of feathers to wear, Spirit Beasts are wise enough to give zone-spanning questlines, and most other creatures are capable of understanding complex verbal commands with fairly little training. The intelligence of the average animal in WoW is much higher than in the real world, and than they're frequently given credit for. We already have dragon whelps subverted into following us around where ever we go, and serving as our transportation; I don't really see drakes as pets as being too far fetched.

For Pandaria, we already have Foxes as a family; I'm hoping for a new fox model. Something with a few more tails... a Kitsune Spirit Beast would be spectacular.
    Last edited by Sahjar; 2011-11-02 at 11:50 PM.