Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djjoe View Post
    Does disarming a caster really remove the stats temporarily?
    no.

/10chars
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

As a Hunter this change was much needed and im glad that I get to actully feel good about being able
    to actually do somthing when melee try to beat my face in that is all...

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Casters can be Losed aswell (And so can melee in theory). Problem?

Ib4 "But hunters can be stunned!" yh so can every other class.
    why exactly are you arguing? If you get line of sighted you don't lose mana and keep regenning. if a hunter gets los'd and needs focus they';re fucked. that's what we're complaining about. you see the distinction. a hunter can't regen and is dead if there's a dead zone because they won't be able to get off their one and only regen mechanic. you see that they become ez pz.

don't worry just stick to mage or rogue you should still be ok in pvp next xp.

Deleted
    I just think they've lowered the skillcap by removing the deadszone, allowing people that cant kite just dish out cc and dmg while getting stacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    they are wearing MAIL armor. made out of steel. not some cloth.

---------- Post added 2011-10-23 at 03:19 PM ----------

yes, this exactly. but i bet blizzard does not care. .-)
    Because armor matters so much in pvp right?

Deleted
    I think it will just change that your arent completely lost in melee vs warris etc. but... i bet hunters will prefer to disengage when a melee is coming for him. (just as they do now)

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Hunters are the most underpowered class atm is all I hear. Yet a team with a hunter in won the Blizzcon Arena Tournament. If that hunter can do it, everyone can do it.
    Hunters are decent atm. Slightly OP in BGs and hard to play in arena. But a class that is hard to play =/= underpowered.
    Except this doesn't matter and Blizzard loves to cater to retards, hence the unbalanced bullshit pvp we have now. Wish they would just ignore the community completely and test everything themselves ESPECIALLY at high ratings Blizzard needs to experience it all first hand instead of just listening to someone else who has (who may be biased). But that'll never happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    So, for all the years hunter have been underpowered due to the range. Now, when we finally get something that every other class have. Suddenly hunter is OP?

Try:

Balanced.

Just cause you are pwned from a ranged hunter over and over again and not by a lock it speaks more for your playability than the ranged classes. Allow ranged to nuke you, what do you expect? You have plenty of ways to cover that range or avoid the damage, now you actually have to kill the hunter instead of laughing at him in melee range while your killing someone next to him. The lock you would charge right away as you notice him first and he is in theory considered a bigger danger for you, as the hunter is already being laughed at, by you.

PVP usually turn out that first one engaging combat have the upper hand. And you wotlk melee baby are very unaware of the battlefield other than whats going on in a 5 yard radius around you. That's why hunter is annoying to you. How about you step up your abilities and combat awareness as the hunter always have needed to watch out for EVERY other class showing up in their melee from anywhere. And that's when it's often to late for the hunter. Unless the attacker is undergeared.

Yes I am hoping a comeback of hunter pvp in 5.0. Finally some balance! And yes, you will be dominated. What skills do you think every hunter have built through the years with the deadzone. Yes, perfect analysis on how to defeat this 2:1 ratio that is melee. If it finally become 1:1. A certain class is a LOT more prepared than you who have been facerolling the whole game since you first logged in.

None, but melee is bothered about the range change. A sensible lock and mage would say finally hunters get what they deserve. Blizzard is trying to achieve one thing: Balance. And everyone know the hunter dead-zone is extremely unbalanced for said class.
    you sir made my day thanks <3

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Hunters are the most underpowered class atm is all I hear. Yet a team with a hunter in won the Blizzcon Arena Tournament. If that hunter can do it, everyone can do it.
    Hunters are decent atm. Slightly OP in BGs and hard to play in arena. But a class that is hard to play =/= underpowered.
    ye we are a good class, but simply becaus he won blizzcon, i should win blizzcon ? its like, AMG THAT DK SOLOD LK...( wich he "trained" for on other bosses for months) and so every other DK should be able to solo every boss...that is just plain stupid ;p its still the player, and not the class

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    - no instant ress for pet
    -
    heart of the phoenix says hi

10+ Year Old Account
    To the other classes saying that Hunter will become OP i am saying this:

Why should a hunter stay in melee still while fighting any melee classes we we still Disengage, yeah we will do some damage but still hunters will try to get away.
    Against other casters why is that a problem at all??? I didnt see the fairness when a mage blinks and cc than start nuking the shit out of hunters just in front of their faces and they cant do nothing now it will give a more fair fighting chance.
    Retired

heart of the phoenix says hi
    8 min cd, available only to ferocity pets. Other than this you have 10 sec cast to get your pet back... gl with that... Locks can use soulshard for instant summon and have talent that whenever their pet dies, for next 10 secs or so they can get new pet out instantly. Not mentioning that summon cast time was reduced to like 5 seconds... why hunter didnt get the same treatment exactly?

cuz our pets are speshul

but yeah I'm still going to keep my distance from melee, minimum range or not. This will just help against casters who abuse LoS and min range against us

Deleted
    utility>all in pvp
    its definately a big buff

The real OPness isn't from min range being removed:

transmorph changes target into a beast for 7 seconds, scare beast fears for 9 seconds and then ice trap for another 3.5 seconds.

Then you can silence them for another 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    The real OPness isn't from min range being removed:

transmorph changes target into a beast for 7 seconds, scare beast fears for 9 seconds and then ice trap for another 3.5 seconds.

Then you can silence them for another 3.
    I'm almost 100% sure the trap will share dr's with scare beast. Plus, we already know that more utility won't help. Everyone was super excited when they buffed master's call and conq shot (+glyph) but the real issue is our damage and focus regen mechanics. Problem is - it all works absolutely fantastic in PvE and deosn't work at all in PvP.

I don't see Hunters being good (not even mentioning being OP, /lol) before serious revamps to our damage and focus regen systems occure, making them work in both PvE and PvP.

p.s.: with all the new "utility" we still don't get a decent peel ability to help our healer out at least a bit :-/ We do not need more self-escape/survivability, we need something for our teammates, but that's a different story.
    Last edited by Dewinter; 2011-11-03 at 11:19 AM.

at the moment it doesnt and it's undispellable unless you got something like lichborne or zerker rage

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    at the moment it doesnt and it's undispellable unless you got something like lichborne or zerker rage
    No worries, GC is fast with fixing bugs that work in our favour.

Deleted
    and frost mages who keep getting buffed each patch and expansion aint OP?, yea start whine about hunters now rofl,

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Casters can be Losed aswell (And so can melee in theory). Problem?

Ib4 "But hunters can be stunned!" yh so can every other class.
    Hunters have had 2% or less rep through this entire expansion and it's not a L2P issue all other classes have had far too many advantages over hunters for far too long.

As stated above the only reason that hunter was on OMG was he was a buddy and the only class he knew how to play get that thru your thick head.

You sound like a certain mage is that you ...the douche who crusaded against hunters during Cata beta.

Also los and facehumping reduce our resource regen to 0...mana still regens if los and facehumped at a much larger scale than hunters 3 shots were forced to regen and those 3 shots don't produce nearly as much dps as a caster who burns his full mana bar all at once.
    Last edited by malbojia; 2011-11-03 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verash View Post
    don't worry u can still los em
    Not true. Their range is like half the BG. And their attacks are like a disc priest's penance- they can keep hitting you through buildings, terrain, etc. cause it just goes through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter's having a minimum range has been a broken artifact since WotLK.

In BC Hunter's were viable in high-end arenas because of Viper Sting drain teams, and in Vanilla Hunters did SO much damage with a full shot rotation, I remember many times almost one shotting squishier targets and it was nbd so it made sense if you stood on them you were safe.

In WotLK they reduced Viper Sting's effectiveness astronomically and resil (I know it was in BC too, but it didn't effect dots) so that all the "cleave" teams came up, with burst being a mandatory for the team to succeed and Hunter's couldn't always bring that pressure when all the person had to do was stand in melee of them (which if it was a melee dps standing on you, you're doing no damage and he's doing max damage).

Then in Cata they added a few more gap-closers for other classes making it almost impossible to peel certain comps and as such you get CC'd by being stood on for the entire match.

So.. nah, they're fixing it. It was an old feature that has outlived its purpose.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 10:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by painweaver View Post
    Not true. Their range is like half the BG. And their attacks are like a disc priest's penance- they can keep hitting you through buildings, terrain, etc. cause it just goes through it.
    Pew pew 900yd range Aimed Shot!