Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I just want to raid!!!!!!

Im a Hunter that just came back from taking some time off from playing WOW.

Now that I'm back I want to jump back into the raiding scene..But that seems so hard to do. Most Guilds are doing HM Firelands and So to join you need to be 375 and above.

I have worked hard and grinded out VP and VP gear to get to IL369....Now the guilds that do run regular FL raid already have there core Group.

This sucks hardcore for me..It makes me want to just quit!!!!

But I'm not

You can do enough DPS for 6/7 HM in 365 gear. Does require a bit of luck and effort to find the group though.

Or you can always look for FL groups on Trade Chat and gear up from there.

You know, aside from the leaving WoW part, i see this problem for myself. All runs look for the achievements, and even though a lot of people can (including myself) learn fights very quickly, they will not take you if you do not have the achievement, and it is very frustrating. Even as a pally tank, with ilevel 368 gear, im never taken. I hate this new gearscore more than the last. I raided BWD for the first time last night and we did fairly well, not even knowing the fights (i know its been nerfed). Achievements are a detriment, and those who want to raid cant even begin because of elitists.

Deleted
    Next time don`t quit

Quote Originally Posted by richboy View Post
    Im a Hunter that just came back from taking some time off from playing WOW.

Now that I'm back I want to jump back into the raiding scene..But that seems so hard to do. Most Guilds are doing HM Firelands and So to join you need to be 375 and above.

I have worked hard and grinded out VP and VP gear to get to IL369....Now the guilds that do run regular FL raid already have there core Group.

This sucks hardcore for me..It makes me want to just quit!!!!

But I'm not
    What server are you on? I may be able to help as i know someone looking for a good hunter :P

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GaldorThePally View Post
    You know, aside from the leaving WoW part, i see this problem for myself. All runs look for the achievements, and even though a lot of people can (including myself) learn fights very quickly, they will not take you if you do not have the achievement, and it is very frustrating. Even as a pally tank, with ilevel 368 gear, im never taken. I hate this new gearscore more than the last. I raided BWD for the first time last night and we did fairly well, not even knowing the fights (i know its been nerfed). Achievements are a detriment, and those who want to raid cant even begin because of elitists.
    You really have to join a guild and be prepared to attend a consistent guild raid group. I know that can almost be like searching for a job, but theres a reason why people demand achievements for pugs, it may be a long shot but at least there is some proof that you ought to know what you're doing. It sucks, but blame it on every fail player that wipes whole raid groups and never learns. My previous raid group was teaching new puggers every week for weeks, barely making any progression while they new guy learned...it just gets old.

Deleted
    Looking for raid next patch, enjoy.

just buy your way into raiding w/ gold, that's my plan.

You can't really show up four months into a patch and expect to find a raid group whenever you want one. It's never worked that way, not even in Wrath.

The guilds that are deep into heroic progression don't need you, and the guilds that think they're better than they really are don't want you. Trade-chat pugs are more of a nightmare than they've ever been, at least on my high-population server. Really, the only thing you can do at this point is to wait until 4.3 comes out and try to get into a guild at the beginning of the progression cycle.

Im on boulderfist and can raid after 6pm PST.

I understand everything that you guys are saying..None of my friends play anymore so im a loner trying to find my way.

I know it not cool to quit in the middle of a xpac but it happens sometimes...Im hoping to find some where quick.. cause I'm tired of playing my alts because I cant raid and tired of waiting around hoping someone will pick me.

Im even willing to transfer just so I can raid FL

Deleted
    Just pug each weak, first week you might get one or two bosses and then if you get lucky one week you will get the full achi.

10+ Year Old Account
    your best bet would be to join a mediocre/normal mode guild for the last patch, then really get into it next expansion, and hope your class is op. i took a break at the beginning of 4.2 after clearing 12/12 in 4.0 pre nerf, and nobody at all would let me go in a fl group. i feel like if you dont start at the beginning of an expac, you will have a really hard time.
    weeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    Most populated realms (in EU at least) has GDKP runs going, where they usually clear 6/7 Firelands heroic. You could always try to join those, if you have some gold of course.

We had the gold pot get to around 1.1million gold, so each member of the raid got about 45k gold at the end of the run.
    Hi

That what im going to do at try and join a normal/medicore guild.

and when the patch comes out try to put my self in a better place to join a semi-hardcore raiding guild

Quote Originally Posted by GaldorThePally View Post
    This is constructive criticism, I'm not trying to troll you. But why would I take someone who is just raiding BWD for the first time and *doesnt know the fights*. The achievement is definitely a barrier, but it's also proof you've seen it. Let's face it, there is no excuse for not knowing the raids. Raiding isn't something you can just jump into when you get the best gear you can get pre raiding. It may go that way with the entry level raid finder, but for the moment, the achievement represents the effort you're going through right now to find a a group and get it done. As someone said you can dps enough with 365 gear for normals. The achievement is the only proof you've done any actual work requiring effort. Getting into a raiding guild is the next step in that chain, and gear is more important to that process.

I firmly stand behind the achievement requirement for pugs. I isn't perfect but it is the best indicator of experience at that level of raiding.

We're looking for a hunter for our alt group..../shrug

Every Sunday @ 7:30pm EST.

We clear 6/7 norm with our very undergeared alts, and need some extra dps for Ragnaros.

Dhryke what server are you on?

Topfer.. I agree with what you are saying. the problem for me is getting a group that can get me the achievements.. If i can just get one 6/7 clear. I could join a pug all day long.

Im ready to just pay someone just so i can get that.lol

Quote Originally Posted by richboy View Post
    Dhryke what server are you on?
    I'm on US-Kargath (PvE) Eastern time zone.

Armory in my sig.

Pug pug and pug more in trade chat. You might be able to find a regular raid that needs a spot filled by a skilled hunter. Lots of guilds haev one or two teams but for alt runs or a third team they look to trade chat to fill spots. It's a good way to get a foot in the door somewhere at leaste.
    Say what you have to say, not what you ought.
    Any truth is better than make-believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Looking for raid next patch, enjoy.
    This. My alts can't wait for this to come out.