10+ Year Old Account

Myself doing some voice acting - Deathwing and the Lich King

I decided that I wanted to do a Deathwing voice test, so I took a lot of the quotes that you could find on WoWWiki.

Had a lot of fun with the lines. I think my mixing worked very well, despite that I did not remove the background noise, since I did not have the time to fix it.

Also, here is me doing my Lich King voice without reverb, too:

Hope you enjoy!

Deleted
    not bad though i think when the "S" is pronounced well it sounds wet like as he spits when he says words that contain the "S"in it
    other than that its good

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. =)

Well, I am lisper, so it is very hard to say it. XD

The Deathwing one is pretty good. It does remind me of Donald Duck though.

LK is hard for me to give a real opinion on because after hearing the WOW voice actor through Wrath I've become so used to it I basically expect it and anything else just sounds off.

For Deathwing, put some energy into it. Some of those lines seem like they should be said with more behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haros View Post
    The Deathwing one is pretty good. It does remind me of Donald Duck though.

LK is hard for me to give a real opinion on because after hearing the WOW voice actor through Wrath I've become so used to it I basically expect it and anything else just sounds off.
    Well, that probably has to do with my lisping. Not really from an English speaking country, too, so it is extra hard.

As for the Lich King voice, a lot of the in game voice comes from the added reverb effects, and I did not wanted to add any, since I wanted to let people listen to it with as little effects as possible.

Thanks for commenting! =)

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    For Deathwing, put some energy into it. Some of those lines seem like they should be said with more behind them.
    All right. Though, I just did all the lines in one take and had no context to the quotes I took. Also, I was afraid of going overboard, when his voice is quite powerful even without screaming.

I have a question, though; which lines would you prefer having more power?
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-11-03 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Well, that probably has to do with my lisping. Not really from an English speaking country, too, so it is extra hard.

As for the Lich King voice, a lot of the in game voice comes from the added reverb effects, and I did not wanted to add any, since I wanted to let people listen to it with as little effects as possible.

Thanks for commenting! =)

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 09:14 PM ----------

All right. Though, I just did all the lines in one take and had no context to the quotes I took. Also, I was afraid of going overboard, when his voice is quite powerful even without screaming.

I have a question, though; which lines would you prefer having more power?
    All of them except for his quotes from the Yogg brain event(which shouldn't have the reverb anyways.)

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them except for his quotes from the Yogg brain event(which shouldn't have the reverb anyways.)
    Well, I was lazy, and just did all the lines in one take and added effects on top of them all. =P

Though, all of them except those few lines? I know he does sound like he is raging many times, but he does more than just shout the whole time. I prefer him to have some degree of calmness to his voice when he speaks and then have those real outbursts of pure rage once he gets really furious. I think it works better, at least.

Sorry, but i feel i have to be honest with you here. That was one of the lamest things i have ever heard in my entire life.

I could hear a bit of an accent on the LK voiceover, but overall, I think it's pretty good! Work on your enunciation a bit. I myself would love to get into voice acting. I can do a voice *somewhat* like LK's, but do you think you'd be able to do it for hours? I find it a bit irritating to the throat if I talk like that for too long! X)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sismofytten View Post
    Sorry, but i feel i have to be honest with you here. That was one of the lamest things i have ever heard in my entire life.
    Then you probably have not heard a lot of lame stuff, yet.

If you have any constructive criticsm to give me, I'm all ears. Calling it lame simply does not help me, in the slightest.

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lariandra View Post
    I could hear a bit of an accent on the LK voiceover, but overall, I think it's pretty good! Work on your enunciation a bit. I myself would love to get into voice acting. I can do a voice *somewhat* like LK's, but do you think you'd be able to do it for hours? I find it a bit irritating to the throat if I talk like that for too long! X)
    I'm Swedish, so that's probably why. =P Will keep working on my pronouncing, though! ^^

Voice acting is a lot of fun. Have done it for over 2 years, now.

Well, I had problems doing my Lich King voice when I started, but as time passed, it became easier and easier to keep the tone. Can probably do it a whole day now if I really wanted, but it would probably make it hard to any other voice, afterwards, for a day or two. XD

Also, thanks for the comment!

Well, I was lazy, and just did all the lines in one take and added effects on top of them all. =P

Though, all of them except those few lines? I know he does sound like he is raging many times, but he does more than just shout the whole time. I prefer him to have some degree of calmness to his voice when he speaks and then have those real outbursts of pure rage once he gets really furious. I think it works better, at least.
    Energy =/= anger. DW is a powerful dragon. He is authoritative, powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Energy =/= anger. DW is a powerful dragon. He is authoritative, powerful.
    What kind of authority, then?

What kind of authority, then?
    Hes the Aspect of death. He broke the world. What do you think?
    I'm not your director, its a decision you must come to on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes the Aspect of death. He broke the world. What do you think?
    I'm not your director, its a decision you must come to on your own.
    Again, my perception of authority is different than yours, since I don't see any problem with the authoritive part of my voice acting.