10+ Year Old Account
    Good for Square Enix. Hopefully all of that hard work pays off.

!!!!!

This looks AWESOME! As a hardcore Squaresoft - Square Enix fan, having played nearly every game they have to offer (FF1 through 13, console versions only, Bouncer, Lost Odyssey, all Kingdom Hearts, Dirge of Cerberus etc etc) this looks extremely intriguing! Especially since it's an mmo which will be playable from the PS3! It's a dream come true for every die-hard FF fan, especially ones from my generation who practically grew up playing this specific genre (finished FF7 at the age of 7). Will definently check it out when it comes out! (Ps3 version, that is).

The idea of charging the customers while they're still developing is kind of annoying. I so wanted FFXIV to be awesome and it was so epically disappointing. I certainly hope 2.0 is as great as that screenshot makes it look.

I'm hoping and praying this actually fixes the game. I was quite excited when I read about it from the email they sent out, but I still can't help thinking, "Great, now if only you guys had done this from the start..."

---------- Post added 2011-11-02 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    The idea of charging the customers while they're still developing is kind of annoying.
    Aye, I thought the same thing. From what I heard the game has improved a lot since launch, but I don't really like the fact they're gonna start charging while they're making the game what it should have been from the start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Those changes sound awesome. Monster taming <3 Too bad I have a feeling that 30% of those changes will never make it.

I just hope the User Interface will be different from the console poop. I'd like to open the inventory and equip an item with one click, not 6 clicks. The targeting system is also poop, hope it will be similar to wow for PC users.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Those changes sound awesome. Monster taming <3 Too bad I have a feeling that 30% of those changes will never make it.

I just hope the User Interface will be different from the console poop. I'd like to open the inventory and equip an item with one click, not 6 clicks. The targeting system is also poop, hope it will be similar to wow for PC users.
    Agreed. It'd be nice if the UI felt more like a standard MMO UI when using the PC version. The state it's in now is very irritating to use on a PC.

I applaud SE's efforts.. to be fair the first director took the game in such oddsauce direction I thought they would just abandon it but then again it's probably cheaper to relauch the game with quite a lot of salvagable material than make a new one.

Tempted... to try 2.0 when it comes out.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

i absolutely loved ffxi but xiv was such a let down i kinda lost faith in se. also the changes to xi since 2010 have made me less and less interested in it.

i'll probably check out xiv once some of these changes are in effect. i'd be very skeptical about it being any good.

looking at this... i really cant remember if it was the FF i played... it was such a bad experience that i just blocked out... but this, it looks amasing, maybe i should give it an other go when this is released.

Deleted
    I picked this up at launch and quit after about 2 weeks, was really dissapointed with the final product.
    I still have my copy though so will definately give 2.0 a try as it looks like they are changing and improving so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost tried the game on launch, a friend was an avid fan of FF and played the first, god he spoke about that game for hours straight.
    I will never forget the disapointment on his face when he tried FFIV.

Definitelly going to try it sometime in the next months.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-11-03 at 06:36 PM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

hmm, so SE is making you guys pay for a broken game, while they work on will release a total different game, in v2.0, at the END OF NEXT YEAR

lol the hypocrisy
    Last edited by Lusitan; 2011-11-03 at 04:18 PM.

As a fan of good MMO's and FF, I am really pulling for this game. I wouldn't dare sink any money into it until probably around 2013 when the overhaul is done, but I do hope it becomes a game worth picking up.

15+ Year Old Account
    looks like something i'll be giving a try thnx for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Normally I would agree, but I've been following FFXIV for a while and they've made some MASSIVE changes of the past year. I wouldn't put it past them to get almost all of the changes in based on their performance so far (especially considering the changes the are going to make are already works in progress in some cases, so they aren't just starting all of them now).

Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    The idea of charging the customers while they're still developing is kind of annoying. I so wanted FFXIV to be awesome and it was so epically disappointing. I certainly hope 2.0 is as great as that screenshot makes it look.
    Aside from the game purchase, they haven't charged a monthly fee since the game came out.

Anyway, really looking forward to this. I was a huge FFXI junkie and played it for years before quitting for WoW.

Deleted
    Final Fantasy XIV was the biggest disappointment in the gaming history for me I was really looking forward to it until I got into the beta.

Was never interested in the FF mmo's but I have to say this game is starting to seem appealing from all of the changes.

Sorta funny how 3/4 of the names of people in the screenshot are ripoff names from other FF games.

I got the newsletter from them, it's nice to see how hard they're trying to make their playerbase happy.

I bought it awhile back but haven't played much of it yet. As much as a FF fan as I've always been, I could not get into FFXI and I didn't care for the limitations on questing/leveling with this one. Hopefully those are some of the things that will be changing. I want to be able to choose how much time I spend on my character in an MMO, not have the game restrict my gameplay.

It does sound like they're putting a LOT of effort into saving this game though and it really is a beautiful game.