Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

All the Talk of ToR.

A few people here would know my stance on this game, I am honest about it and have been banned for preaching it many times.

But still I have to ask the question.

Why are people looking forward to this game so much?

The gameplay, though improved alot since I last saw it, is still the same WAR clone with the dusty old holy trinity setting, with some jedi and sith standing around holding a lightsabre in one hand and throwing "force balls" with the other, acting in every respect like a wizard would.

The whole NPC interaction thing seems nice at first, but it will get boring after every NPC does it, while doing the most rudamentary quests constantly, it'll also make the constant run of dungeons seem tedious when you have to chat to people constantly would it not?

Are people simply wanting a single player RPG experience in an MMO world? Is it worth the money when all you do is level up practically alone and then run off to play in a battleground or instance with a few people?

It just confused me, why people would want this in the first place, when all it does seem to be is WoW with Mass effect parts cut into the game.

Deleted
    WoW with mass effect parts cut in = win for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christion View Post
    WoW with mass effect parts cut in = win for me
    Then really, thats sad as hell, you have a game thats an Algamation of two mediocre games and are willing to pay a subscription to that? It's something I don't understand at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason why some CS players enjoyed MW:2 - Change of scenery and upgraded stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    For the same reason why some CS players enjoyed MW:2 - Change of scenery and upgraded stuff.
    I think thats a very bad anaolgy, because most CS players I know laugh at MW:2 and it's "Smooth" and "streamlined" gameplay and don't consider it upgraded in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I think thats a very bad anaolgy, because most CS players I know laugh at MW:2 and it's "Smooth" and "streamlined" gameplay and don't consider it upgraded in the slightest.
    As a CS player I totally agree with this statement lol.

As far as the TOR hype goes it's because it's star wars and bioware. Apparently that combo is unbeatable. I guess I'll see once I pick up my copy and play it. Until then I can't predict it's success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Bioware is giving people things that they demanded.
    I think what people wanted as a KoToR 3, me myself included in those.

an MMO setting cannot supply that feeling at all, especially under the warcraft model.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people I know who play say otherwise, and this is the case with me and most of my friends: Sick 'n' tired the whole WoW universe, still enjoy the model.

an MMO setting cannot supply that feeling at all, especially under the warcraft model.
    Oh my god.

Deleted
    A few people here would know my stance on this game, I am honest about it and have been banned for preaching it many times.

But still I have to ask the question.

Why are people looking forward to this game so much?

The gameplay, though improved alot since I last saw it, is still the same WAR clone with the dusty old holy trinity setting, with some jedi and sith standing around holding a lightsabre in one hand and throwing "force balls" with the other, acting in every respect like a wizard would.

The whole NPC interaction thing seems nice at first, but it will get boring after every NPC does it, while doing the most rudamentary quests constantly, it'll also make the constant run of dungeons seem tedious when you have to chat to people constantly would it not?

Are people simply wanting a single player RPG experience in an MMO world? Is it worth the money when all you do is level up practically alone and then run off to play in a battleground or instance with a few people?

It just confused me, why people would want this in the first place, when all it does seem to be is WoW with Mass effect parts cut into the game.
    Ugh. Doing my best to avoid being rude here, but how many bloody times do we have to slowly and precisely explain it to you. Your OPINION is not everyone else's OPINION. Stop lauding it about as if it were fact. You claim people will get bored of the conversations. Opinion, opinion, opinion. I love the conversation system in BioWare games, full stop.

Your point on the "Dusty holy trinity". Don't fix what ain't broke, to put in it layman's terms. I will be playing GW2 alongside SWTOR, but it doesn't mean that the GW2 system is better, it's just a change.

PLEASE try to remember, your opinion is NOT everyone else's; we're looking forward to the game because we ENJOY the things you listed.

Then really, thats sad as hell, you have a game thats an Algamation of two mediocre games and are willing to pay a subscription to that? It's something I don't understand at all.
    What you consider mediocre is considered incredible by others. It's rather arrogant to assume that your opinions are shared by others, or that your opinion is "correct."

Deleted
    The people I know who play say otherwise, and this is the case with me and most of my friends: Sick 'n' tired the whole WoW universe, still enjoy the model.
    So you don't enjoy the warcraft universe.

But will pay for a game that is practically the warcraft universe thats in space? ( but with no space )

You can see why I am puzzled, the game is basically the same both ways, but people laud it as an amazing peice of development.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 07:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    What you consider mediocre is considered incredible by others. It's rather arrogant to assume that your opinions are shared by others, or that your opinion is "correct."
    Some people are easily entertained then I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even after losing a million subs, WoW is still far from a "Mediocre" game. Its the number one selling PC game of all time. Not sure what your definition of great it. If it was an OK game like you state, millions of people wouldnt still be playing it, allmost 8 years after its release.......

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't enjoy the warcraft universe.

But will pay for a game that is practically the warcraft universe thats in space? ( but with no space )

You can see why I am puzzled, the game is basically the same both ways, but people laud it as an amazing peice of development.
    Let me explain what I ment, Im sick of the Universe itself - Orcs, Azeroth, Undead, Arthas, Blizzard etc. etc but I do enjoy the hotkey model (always have, always will) hence why I made that FPS vs FPS comparison, some of us like specific genres but eventually you grow tired of the scenery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Even after losing a million subs, WoW is still far from a "Mediocre" game. Its the number one selling PC game of all time. Not sure what your definition of great it. If it was an OK game like you state, millions of people wouldnt still be playing it, allmost 8 years after its release.......
    The gameplay of WoW is fine, but it's boring routine and stangant, MoP seems to spring this up more and I must say Cataclysm improved it alot.

But sales don't make a game great, just like how MW:2 is possibly the worse FPS I have ever played.

Deleted
    Ok lets say its a clone of WoW.. is that a bad thing?

For me NO!!!! its a good thing its like WoW 2.0 It has an awesome story to it and better graphics, game-play and more features and made by a grate company. Personally i cant find much to hate about it.

It will be nice for a change.

I hope that WoW carrys on for many years and the release of SWTOR will just mean blizzard has to step the game up and stop treating the customers they have like a bunch of fuck tards. Blizzard will have to put more effort in if SWTOR takes off. And this is good for WoW players so dont complain!

Hating SWTOR because is a "clone" is like hating e-mail/facebook/text messaging when your used to "writing a letter" your doing the same thing and getting the same result just new technology are more "polished". Well SWTOR is more polished.. WoW = Wrighting by hand/letter SWTOR = Text/E-mail
    Last edited by mmoc0a590aa303; 2011-11-04 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Let me explain what I ment, Im sick of the Universe itself - Orcs, Azeroth, Undead, Arthas, Blizzard etc. etc but I do enjoy the hotkey model (always have, always will) hence why I made that FPS vs FPS comparison, some of us like specific genres but eventually you grow tired of the scenery.
    Thats perfectly understandable then, I also enjoy the hotkey model, Guild Wars 2 does the same. What I can't grasp is people raking it so high, downrating WoW as garbage in height of this awesome juggernaught of MMO talent...

When all it is really is a Warcraft clone, despite what people say.

Not to point out the obvious here, but people who tell me they play WoW I look at them like they are f'n insane. Same with ToR players. I may not understand their logic, but figure they have their reasons.

Honestlyyyyyyyyyyyy Star Wars fans are mostly console players and I dare someone to argue this with me, but it does make sense to push a crap ton of storyline stuff that has a very single player rpg feel to it.

It will work for 1-3 month, but after that if they do not update the content to continue the story they are beyond screwed.

If you consider WoW and ME mediocre games then yes this will probably be a mediocre game for you. But millions of people love both games, and also the StarWars universe. For me personally I have always liked WoW but the game has changed so much over time (LFD, Stat Inflation etc) and it is far too dated. SWTOR will be fresh enviroment, fresh story, and it does bring some unique things to the table as well. Im not looking for anything that redefines my MMO experiance I want something that builds upon the base that WoW and other MMOs have built. And for me that is SWTOR.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gameplay of WoW is fine, but it's boring routine and stangant, MoP seems to spring this up more and I must say Cataclysm improved it alot.

But sales don't make a game great, just like how MW:2 is possibly the worse FPS I have ever played.
    When you make a business, sales are the only thing that matters. Business isnt good for Blizzard because they release a sub par product.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protectus View Post
    Hating WoW is like hating e-mail/facebook/text messaging when your used to "writing a letter".
    No, you don't understand what I am asking, saying basic buzzwords like "It's WoW 2.0" and "It has an amazing story" don't work and are not what I am asking for, these are hype and from some things that are allowed out of the NDA, are bullshit.

I don't hate on ToR, I am Skeptical about it, it says many things but doesn't show them well at all.