Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This problem is so easilly solved...

Keep everything as it is now. ONLY 1 CHANGE IS NEEDED!

Item budgets should not increase by %, but by a STATIC VALUE!

Example:
    Tier 12 --> Tier 13, +400 strenght (or any other vary of stats)
    Tier 13 --> Tier 14 +400 strenght (or any other vary of stats)

Result 1: After cataclysm the items would have had their stats increased by 1200
    Result 2: After Pandaria the items would have had their stats increased by 2400
    Result 3: After expansion X the items would have had their stats increased by 3600

INSTEAD OF THE 39k stats at the end of 95.

In other words: Make the item budget LINEAR NOT EXPONENTIAL

-Vaem/Varox/Astion w/e

divide EVERYTHING by 10, fixed.

actually i sometimes thought of this. how far will it go? will we have a million hp once? this doesnt make sense to me, a player who has more hp than ragnaros, the big boss he killed only 6 years ago with 39 other people.i also hope this will happen. back than, at the very first mc raid, my huntress made 300 dps and had 3,2 k life raidbuffed. a 2400 crit was astonishing. and we alle were really impressed when our mage screamed in ts "omg 5 k frostbolt crit" on frost-senstive trashmob in blackwing lair.now, at the current state of wow, the huntress would do 30k dps, the awesome crit would be 500 k , and so on.cutting the zeros in the numbers is i think a good way to deal with this big inflation, i thought about it several times before, (was too lazy to do a proposal in forums) and i find myself absolutely wanting blizz to do this.

As long as i get to hear a voice saying " M-M-M-M-MEGA DAMAGE-amage-amage" the way the voice in Quake 3 arena is, i'll be fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by lrntoplay View Post
    divide EVERYTHING by 10, fixed.
    You made the same post in a similar thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post14075871
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Items Squishing stats in my opinion would be the best way to move forward, yes you will have to get used to not seing big numbers like 140k mind blast crits but its something that needs sorting. Do you really want to have tanks with 1 million HP in raids. If numbers keep going up, some players will notice a difference while playing and may affect there gameplay by lowering fps, not everyone can afford to have High end gaming systems :P

Before Squish:-

If Mind Blast crits for 141,500 damage on a Boss with 26,350,000 health it takes off 0.00537% of the bosses health.

After Squish:-

If Mind Blast hits for 1,415 damage on a Boss with 263,500 health it takes off 0.00537% of the bosses health.

It hits for exactly the same amount in %. Do people really just drool at big numbers and use big numbers to increase how much epeen they can brag about. If this is the case then your all beyond help tbh. I don't care how much damage I do or how big the numbers are, has long has I can see i'm within +/- 2% of the best dps in the raid then i'm happy. Numbers are just numbers, they don't give people superiority.
    Couldn't agree more.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    GAWD don't use mega damage! Kevin Siembieda of Palladium books may try and sue you! (he tries to sue everyone he THINKS are stealing his ideas.

I'd rather go for something more extreme. All items have a power stat, with all other stats adding up to the same values regardless of item level. When you do damage or healing, your power value is compared to your targets power value, and you do more damage or healing if your value is larger, and less if it is smaller. So, yes, healers will heal for less if their target has a higher power value, but that target also takes less damage to compensate. In PvP, resilience is used instead to prevent healers from out healing damage as resilience is increased.

Please Squish, I don't want to be crit for 12 mega damagwe!

Deleted
    I vote for MEGA DAMAGE.

my vote is on mega damage!

Deleted
    Meh want to hit for some millions :< Over 1 million hp sounds tempting aswell! We're becoming the titans lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with all that they said pretty much, and even though I know what they are trying to do, yes if all of a sudden I'm maxing at 2.7k dps at level 95 per say, like I was in bc, of course I'm going to feel nerfed, even if everything is scaled down, you get excited, and feel a since of accomplishment and progress to reach numbers you never reached before. Of the 2 options I believe the Mega Damage Type theory is the best option.But for some reason I really really fear, they are going to scale us down

I think the mega damage will fit in just nicely with the wowpokemon and the teenager playerbase they are targeting in MOP, hate it tbh, squish them numbers

conjohnson6
    I, too, am in favor of squishing ilvl and stats all together. I understand that doing this will prevent solo'ing old content, but honestly do you guys think being able to solo a whole raid is rational? I feel like its more of a failed game mechanic than a rightful privilege all high levels should have. It was also mentioned that people will not feel like they are progressing without inflating the item stats but with so much min/max'ing we would still feel like we are progressing. Or if that doesn't work, allow privileges that go along with higher level such as the ability to ride flying mount, ground mount. We as players are not after the stats, we're after the exclusivity of the items. If Blizzard can somehow follow this philosophy no one would mind the item squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    FL ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡
    Bring down the stats seriously, I think everything stat wise was fine in BC, we did need new talent systems though. Then we went to WotLK and they were ok but still a little much near the end, then Cata hit and things got outrageous, I think cloth classes should have the least health but more survivability like CC and kiting, leather classes should have a little more hp than cloth but a little less CC, so on and so on, basically what I'm saying is it should be more like vanilla or BC stat wise not everybody has the same health and every class has tons of CC, I mean cloth classes in most cases have more health than plate classes, it just seems like everything is becoming the same.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 09:00 PM ----------

Squish, squish, squish!!

Deleted
    Squish the whole thing. I know transmoggers will cry but its the best thing to do. I don't like soloing neferian nowadays. Its not the way it should be. Not even for a lvl 95.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menedude View Post
    pff 12 mega damage is weak I can do 14 MEGA DAMAGE
    14 MEGA DAMAGE? Casual.

LF DPS, must pull 2000 MEGA DAMAGE, Full on Hunters
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly to all those saying "Leave the huge numbers, i wanna hit for a meeelion". That fun will last for a week, then it becomes status quo. Some kind of stat squish is needed or this becomes a ridiculous version of digimon. Honestly this is one thing I trust blizzard in actually getting right(as in squishing everything in the game from 1-90 to keep the feel the same). I do miss reasonable numbers. The bigger numbers were fun in BC, then a bit amusing in WotLK. Now its getting way past the silly stage.

I am in favor of the item lvl squish.

-The way I see it, gear should become more powerful as shown in the Figure 5 graph (linear) for all outdated content, and then the raid / pvp gear for the current expansion can still grow in the same way as it traditionally has (exponentially), so that as you go from tier to tier / pvp season to season, you will still earn worthwhile upgrades. Once a new expansion comes out, the last expansion would then be normalized into the linear equation of the graph, and the new expansion's gear would now grow in an traditional (exponential) way. This system would keep item levels in check as new expansions roll out, while still allowing players to progress their power throughout current content.

-As for the issue of old content: I understand that because of the item level squish, it isn't as simple as dropping the numbers of everything by X%, because you can't simply convert an exponential curve into a linear one by dropping all values by X%. Old content from (lvl 60+) to (whatever the last expansion is) would have to have all values manually rebalanced. The reason for this is that content after level 60 was designed with the exponential curve growth in mind, whereas content up to and at 60 was linear. Even if you drop 60+ content numbers (hp, damage, etc of NPCs and players) by X%, it is still exponentially higher up the curve, just with smaller values. The situation this creates is that a max level player would still be able to faceroll old content, however perhaps not quite as easily as it is now, because the current expansion would still grow exponentially like it traditionally has, except the player wouldn't be hundreds of item levels overpowered like it is now. A player who is not max level, but is also a higher level than what the old raid content was designed for (for example, a lvl 80 player trying to go through lvl 70 black temple), would have a much more difficult time and would likely need a group, because all past expansions would be normalized into the linear equation.

-My proposed solution would be simply to give a zone buff to players who are higher levels than the content they are doing. This way a player who is the appropriate level for old raid content would be able to do that content normally as intended, and a player who is a much higher level than that content would be buffed to replicate (perhaps not to the same extent as right now) having gear that is many item levels more powerful, making old content much easier for them.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people seem to be assuming that Le Squish would make soloing or two manning old content untenable.Why would that be so? Lvl 60s still need to be able to run a Lvl 60 raid, clearly bosses would get squished too...because if they didn't, can you imagine doing LK at 25 million with slightly better gear than taking down Ragnaros (hipster edition) at 1 million?