Thread: 4.3 spec

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    How can fire get buffed to the top like that while survival gets a pathetic increase and it's still bottom of all classes and specs? It's making me angry and i don't like to be one of those "I'm gonna quit" whiners but this is clearly class favouritism and making me wonder if i should renew my sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubb View Post
    How can fire get buffed to the top like that while survival gets a pathetic increase and it's still bottom of all classes and specs? It's making me angry and i don't like to be one of those "I'm gonna quit" whiners but this is clearly class favouritism and making me wonder if i should renew my sub.
    The "funny" thing is though, I ran a sim on my current gear using the 4.3 patch changes. By boosting Survival's Mastery from a 1% gain to a 1.5% gain, I was able to gain roughly 6-6.5% DPS, which would bring Surv to where it needs to be going into 4.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The "funny" thing is though, I ran a sim on my current gear using the 4.3 patch changes. By boosting Survival's Mastery from a 1% gain to a 1.5% gain, I was able to gain roughly 6-6.5% DPS, which would bring Surv to where it needs to be going into 4.3.
    Awww, does that mean I have to put all my haste into mastery? I like haste :<

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Awww, does that mean I have to put all my haste into mastery? I like haste :<
    I simmed it as a hypothetical to see by how much it would impact. It's not a patch change. Seems like it would be the easiest way to boost Surv DPS though, being that simple half a % scaling adjustment for a 6.5% damage increased. It would put Survival precisely where it needs to be.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-11-06 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    They can buff survival quite a bit. In pvp survival have the worst survivability (lol because the spec is named survival) of all hunter specs and even if they increase the damage of survival it wont matter much because survivals damage isn't burst compared to MM or BM. I would just wish they would fix the scaling on all classes really but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Fixed you up there.

on PTR most hunters I was with seemed to be doing very competitive damage alongside other classes. Since when does a class have to be doing more damage than other classes to be viable?
    Do realize that pre buffs, Survival and BM hunters were two of the lowest specs in the game for single target. Post buffs, they are still the lowest in the game, while the other low ones that were buffed are middle of the pack to top end now.

Deleted
    As to one of the above questions, I have a fully geared hunter and have it on PTR and in all honesty I don't see a reason playing it anymore.

I have a lock alt fully bis geared and it destroys my hunter on any boss, I also started gearing a rogue as they seem pretty solid in Dragon Soul and the 10% AP is a hugh buff for them.

I've done almost every single PTR encounter and the damage is pretty much always the same:

1) Caster legendaries
    2) Rogues (they can go top on some fights easily)
    3) DK's, warriors
    4) Hunters and hybrids

If you look at the overall changes:

1) Casters didn't really need a buff cause they have a legendary, however mages still got buffed and fire is for sure gonna be the best specc and highest dps overall in Dragon Soul untill rogues start getting their legendaries.
    2) All melees 10%, which is a rougly 2-3k dps increase, Unholy DK's also got buffed ALOT again.
    3) Hunters:the bad speccs got buffed to make them less bad, but they're still horrible.-MM remained unchanged, hunters also don't scale as good with gear as other classes, so if your in a good guild and you play a hunter, be ready to fight with some hybrids for the bottom spots (and even hybrids got buffed, like ele's, ... and the melee hybrid speccs).

I had hoped that I would be able to do reasonable DPS as BM in 4.3, but from what i've read here it seems this wont be the case.. QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Phos View Post
    just reroll any melee, mage or warlock, we're complete shit in 4.3, most top-end guilds are either encouraging or straight up forcing their hunters to play a different class in Dragon Soul. 380 ilvl warlock doing more damage than a hunter in full tier 13 with the deathwing bow, sounds good to me right?
    380 include a legendary?

If you're including legendaries, LULZ.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    smh...hunter will always be a great dps class, like ghostcrawler said.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Parses no but http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html is where the specs are starting given the 4.3 patch changes.
    http://simulationcraft.org/430/Hunter_T13N.html is our sims with our T13 bonuses.
    Sounds good to me i love pulling freakish numbers when im not supposed to. We will be ok when everyting goes live. (the rest of us) can work out the kinks.

My first max level hunter has been my main since BC. I have nearly 300 days played on him. I've leveled (and alt raided on) too many hunters since then. I'm probably one of the most hunter obsessed players in the game. That said...I'm prepping a mage for 4.3 just in case. I've never even considered re-rolling until now. I jokingly named him "dsreplace". That's how bad it is looking for hunters in 4.3. Even some of the most dedicated hunters are moving away from the class. Hopefully at least a bandaid fix comes in soon, so people don't feel forced to abandon their favourite class (even temporarily).
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

Deleted
    i didnt reroll at the end of icc (hunter was mad low at dps) so i wont reroll with 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Miniainhonor View Post
    i didnt reroll at the end of icc (hunter was mad low at dps) so i wont reroll with 4.3
    That sour moment in hunter history was close enough to Cataclysm that I didn't think of re-rolling. I just took a short break from raiding. Probably needed it at that point anyways. This is a big different, since there's a long time between now and the next expansion. Chances are that hunters will eventually get a bandaid fix. But I'd rather be prepared for the worst case scenario. Hell, I'd rather be prepared in case it goes on for a couple months. And I'm not asking my current 10 man to carry me if things do end up going that way. Especially since, with our current raid comp, I won't be providing any major buffs that aren't already in the raid.
    -- 14 hunters at 85 -- 15th is at 83

I need a new hobby.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    380 include a legendary?

If you're including legendaries, LULZ.
    380 no legendary in normal tier 12 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everybody so anxious to have the best DPS spec? Just play the class spec you like to play most, all are viable for raiding. I can understand that if you are in the top 1% and aiming for world's first or something you might need to have the best specs and classes, but in all honesty that's not likely to happen for most of us anyway.
    So just choose the spec you want to play most because it's fun.
    I've been an arcane mage since I can remember (although I started out in Vanilla as fire for a month or two) and I guess I always will because I like the playstyle and utility it brings.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't want the BEST dps class, well it would be nice, but i just want to be near the top and not the bottom. From how it's looking that won't be happening without some sort of buff. Whatever happens i hope Survival get's an even bigger buff, sick of MM now and i find BM even more boring.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2011-11-06 at 12:26 PM.

I dont need to have the BEST class, and I will porbably stay BM in 4.3 for the reasons you have, because its fun. I love the playstyle, and I love having a pet that matters. But part of the fun goes away when we are progressing in HM, and both my guildies and I know that most classes can easily outdps me.. So when the raid wipes on 1%, it's not too cool to sit there with a feeling that you let them down.

MM is still top. but my 385 geared hunter is getting beat by premade combat rogues and fire mages etc. its really quite sad

edit: actually, looks like BM slightly edges out MM in t13 gear. might be scaling or more favourable set bonuses. but of course, and fight requiring aoe or that is unfriendly to melee/pets, will see MM top.
    Last edited by asharia; 2011-11-06 at 04:27 PM.

i think some ppl is exagerating too much the state of SV, the sim is a theorical supposition of dps, not exactly, SV is in a good spot right now i think, talking about 10man ofc, the situation in 25 man is totally diferent.