Someone mentioned Oakland needing McGahee to get involved.

....I'd say he did that pretty well. And Tebow avoided making the big mistake. That should be Denver's plan every week. Feed Willis and keep Tebow from being allowed to do anything that involves the rest of us seeing that bjorked delivery.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Sadly, there's definitely something to this. People always talk about Manning/Brady like they're 1a and 1b in the league, but it says something when:

- Peyton goes down for the year and the Colts look like one of the worst teams in the league.
    - Brady goes down for the year and the Pats make Matt Cassel look like Tom Brady.

Perfect example of a Great Player vs. a Great System.
    Yeah its what iv been saying since Brady went down a couple years ago when Castle took over when Brady went down. Colts stink without Manning if the Chiefs lost Castle I think there record would be the same +/- 1 game same with the Pats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh ... and the Ravens start the game off by negating a 70 yard TD run from Rice with a 10-yard holding penalty. >.<

Offtopic: Loving Anquan Boldin wearing an O's cap in his intro.

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 09:13 PM ----------

You stop them to bring up 4th down, so you waste a challenge to question whether he actually caught the ball (very obvious he did)? God, I hate you John Harbaugh.

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 09:13 PM ----------

Holy Sh!t, he won that challege. O.o
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps some of you with more football knowledge than me can answer this.

That interception at the end of the Dallas v Seattle game, how was it an interception and not a catch?

or was it simply just a blown call?

Now as a Cowboy fan I obviously don't mind the call, I just don't know how it's not a catch with the "Tie goes to the receiver" rule.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    Someone mentioned Oakland needing McGahee to get involved.

....I'd say he did that pretty well. And Tebow avoided making the big mistake. That should be Denver's plan every week. Feed Willis and keep Tebow from being allowed to do anything that involves the rest of us seeing that bjorked delivery.
    What you mean is get Tebow more involved in the running game. They ran the option all day long, and the results speak for themselves (against a monster front seven). Honestly, Tebow's passing didn't look bad either. Considering it's his ... 6th(?) start. His reads weren't horrid and most of his passes were accurate. In fact, some analysts were saying that last week's DREADFUL game was a slight improvement over the previous week as far as passing goes. He's getting better, which is fantastic.

Broncos -

2-1 with Tebow
    1 - 4 with Orton

And you're igoring something very important:

Chhhaaaammmppppppppp Bailey! He's still got it in him.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-11-07 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Wallace just stole a TD catch from Antonio Brown. A TD is a TD I guess ... but am I the only one who thought that was kinda dirty?

You're already the #1 receiver in Pitt. Do you really need to steal one out of your boys' hands like that?
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Nice to see flacco fumbling again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's amazing how often Torrey Smith gets two hands on the ball, but doesn't come down with it. >.<

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 11:44 PM ----------

Good lord there was a lot of dropped balls on that drive. lol Pretty sure all of Maryland would have exploded if that drive didn't end up in a TD.

I was shocked Boldin dropped his pass. That is very very very rare of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good LORD I had to pull the defibrillator over from the nearby volunteer fire dept. that last drive. Awesome game for the most part though.

The referees were pretty freaking strange that game. I will say: If Clark got an illegal hit, where was the one on Lewis that knocked Ward out of the game? I would LOVE some consistency here. This is coming from a Ravens fan too, so something is up. I really dislike these rules, I dislike inconsistency in the penalty calling even more though, how the hell are we supposed to tell what is illegal and waht isn't with this madness?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    What you mean is get Tebow more involved in the running game. They ran the option all day long, and the results speak for themselves (against a monster front seven). Honestly, Tebow's passing didn't look bad either. Considering it's his ... 6th(?) start. His reads weren't horrid and most of his passes were accurate. In fact, some analysts were saying that last week's DREADFUL game was a slight improvement over the previous week as far as passing goes. He's getting better, which is fantastic.

Broncos -

2-1 with Tebow
    1 - 4 with Orton

Wait, what?

They didn't win because of Tebow running the ball. They won because McGahee broke off 60 yard and 24 yard TD runs. They won because Eddie Royal ran a punt back 85 yards. They won because Palmer threw 3 picks. Did Tebow even throw a pass in the 2nd half of that game?

Stealing yards from your RB or NOT throwing to your TE's or WR's doesn't win you games. They need to center that offense around McGahee, not Tebow. If Tebow can get a couple runs here and there, that's fine. But he shouldn't have almost the same number of carries as his RB. He DEFINITELY shouldn't have more carries than catches by all of his receivers combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Good LORD I had to pull the defibrillator over from the nearby volunteer fire dept. that last drive. Awesome game for the most part though.

The referees were pretty freaking strange that game. I will say: If Clark got an illegal hit, where was the one on Lewis that knocked Ward out of the game? I would LOVE some consistency here. This is coming from a Ravens fan too, so something is up. I really dislike these rules, I dislike inconsistency in the penalty calling even more though, how the hell are we supposed to tell what is illegal and waht isn't with this madness?
    I'd buy you a beer if we were in a bar.

Exactly what I was thinking (Steeler fan). But in the end, we let Flacco look like Brady and go 92 yards with no timeouts. Good game.

I'd like to say we'll see you again. but with our pathetic secondary, I can't be too sure.

Wait, what?

They didn't win because of Tebow running the ball. They won because McGahee broke off 60 yard and 24 yard TD runs. They won because Eddie Royal ran a punt back 85 yards. They won because Palmer threw 3 picks. Did Tebow even throw a pass in the 2nd half of that game?
    Right, over 100 yards rushing and two touchdown passes means absolutely nothing. I realize you're on the Tebow hate bus, but come on. In games like last week I understand, but outright victories where the guy actually had a good game? Please, don't be ridiculous.

Stealing yards from your RB or NOT throwing to your TE's or WR's doesn't win you games. They need to center that offense around McGahee, not Tebow. If Tebow can get a couple runs here and there, that's fine. But he shouldn't have almost the same number of carries as his RB. He DEFINITELY shouldn't have more carries than catches by all of his receivers combined.
    Wait, stealing yards? Tebow is a more capable runner than most of the RB's in the league right now. Stop thinking like it's the 90's. Spread offense and options are the future of the NFL, and hopefully Tebow will be leading the charge if he keeps improving. Of course he needs to pass better, but isn't that exactly what he did today? No interceptions, two touchdown passes, and fewer missed receivers than in the past. Last I checked, that signifies a good game, right?

10+ Year Old Account

Definitely agree about the officiating. They were missing calls left and right.

I don't think the hit involving Ray was worth calling ... but to not call it and then call the one on Clark is kinda crazy. Seemed like there were alot of pass interference calls on both sides of the ball that were never called. Just a strange game overall as far as officiating.

Unfortunately with so many things to keep track of inconsistencies are bound to happen. One needs only to look at our government to see that! Yay, parallels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, over 100 yards rushing and two touchdown passes means absolutely nothing. I realize you're on the Tebow hate bus, but come on. In games like last week I understand, but outright victories where the guy actually had a good game? Please, don't be ridiculous.
    I didn't say anything about his 2 thrown TD's. They were good passes. The problem is he's not passing enough and he's still not very accurate. He had more carries (12) than completions (10), he's still completing less than half of his passes (10/21) and he barely had more yards thrown (124) than he had rushing (118). And what you're still failing to see is that even with all of that running he did, the Bronco's were still losing. The only play he impacted in the 2nd half was the thrown TD to Royal. All of the other scoring in the 2nd half had nothing to do with him. 24 yard TD run from Willis, 60 yard TD run from Willis, 43 yard FG from Prater and an 85 yard punt return for a TD from Royal. All of that tied it up and pushed them ahead. All of that also had nothing to do with Tebow who, beyond Royal's TD pass, had little/no yards in the 2nd half; rushing OR throwing.

100 yards rushing from your QB is great, but you can't just expect to have huge, game breaking plays from multiple people every game.

Wait, stealing yards? Tebow is a more capable runner than most of the RB's in the league right now. Stop thinking like it's the 90's. Spread offense and options are the future of the NFL, and hopefully Tebow will be leading the charge if he keeps improving. Of course he needs to pass better, but isn't that exactly what he did today? No interceptions, two touchdown passes, and fewer missed receivers than in the past. Last I checked, that signifies a good game, right?
    You're already labeling him one of the best runners in the league? Does he even have 50 rushes total for his career? lol

This is the kind of hype people are talking about when they speak negatively about Tebow. The team won't even commit to him as a starter, yet you're talking about him like he's the most dynamic player in the league. Give the guy a break and don't pat him on the back every time he laces one of his shoes. All it does is give those who don't like him even more reason to cheer when he fails.

Also, the spread offense is not the future of the NFL. It spreads the defense out but one of the biggest reasons college teams use it is because there are fewer plays the offense needs to know. That's great for college teams, but that's how you end up w/ guys like Tebow. He's been in the league for over a year now and he still has problems taking the ball from under center. One of the simplest things a QB has to do. An even better example would be Tebow's college coach, Urban Meyer. He's one of the biggest guys behind the spread offense and he's won 2 BCS titles yet the only QB of note to come thru his program is Alex Smith. Alex Smith who was drafted in 2005, yet is only now starting to look like a decent QB.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooo texanssss number 1 defense, whats up ravens / steelers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razkul View Post
    Gooooooooooooooooooooooooo texanssss number 1 defense, whats up ravens / steelers
    Whats up is that both of those teams will absolutely bludgeon the Texans to death in the playoffs. It wouldn't even be fair how bad they would beat the Texans. Sort of like Ravens already did and the Steelers would if they met again now that they have fixed their holes. The Texans are a good team, but don't get carried away. You would still be losing that division if Peyton Manning played this season or if the Jags hadn't cut Garrard a few days before the season. You are a whole 6-3 playing in one of the worst divisions in the NFL this year. Grats.

Combined record of teams the Texans have beat: 16-34 Combined record of teams they lost to 16-9. Combined record of rest of schedule: 19-30. So congratulations Texans on playing what is one of the NFL's easiest schedules in one of the worst divisions in football. All it took was Manning not playing for you to make the playoffs.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 10:40 AM ----------

Also, the spread offense is not the future of the NFL. It spreads the defense out but one of the biggest reasons college teams use it is because there are fewer plays the offense needs to know.
    That and college football is dominated by pure athletes which are far more spread out in the college game than in the pros. In the NFL, the lower defenses have far more talent than most every college program will ever have on the field at one time. It makes it much harder to run the spread when the entire defense is guys that run sub-4.6 40s than it is when half the defense is guys just playing for the love of the game while going to school to be teachers. Look at a guy like Braylon Edwards. He was fucking dominate at Michigan. You could just chuck it up and he would go get it because he was so much bigger, faster, and more talented than everyone he played against. In the NFL, he is fairly meh because the guys he goes up against are so much more talented.

Broncos -

2-1 with Tebow
    1 - 4 with Orton

Oakland's defense looked completely disorganized in the second half, with a lot of players blowing their responsibilities (like contain). Tebow was hitting receivers that were ridiculously wide open and simultaneously the ground game was free to run wild. A properly organized defense can't completely shut down a QB's running game especially with the speed of Tebow, but there's no way that a defense facing a struggling passing offense should be giving up almost 300 yards rushing.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 05:21 PM ----------

Sadly, there's definitely something to this. People always talk about Manning/Brady like they're 1a and 1b in the league, but it says something when:

- Peyton goes down for the year and the Colts look like one of the worst teams in the league.
    - Brady goes down for the year and the Pats make Matt Cassel look like Tom Brady.

Perfect example of a Great Player vs. a Great System.
    Manning has almost always had a very strong receiving corps to work with. Brady has had periods of having good receivers, but also several seasons when his receivers really were not that good at all. This year the Pats really have one of the weakest receiving corps in the league. They lack size and they lack speed. They have trouble getting separation and can't get open downfield, meaning that defenders can stay close and cut off underneath routes (which is why Brady has so many INTs this year since anything but a perfect pass has a very good chance of being picked off). The Pats also do not have a strong running game and their offensive line has lost a lot of their stalwarts.

Honestly, the job Brady is doing this year with what he has to work with is quite remarkable. With good weapons he put up all-time record numbers. With weaker weapons he can still put up good numbers and score points.

Cassell can actually put up really good numbers from time to time (he has some of the highest passing yards games in NFL history, including with KC) but the KC offense demanded more of him than he can handle consistently. In NE they kept things simple in a system for him and drew up plays really, really well and limited the decisions he had to make. He mostly had to just go through his checkdowns and make a good throw. Brady has much more demanded of him.

Last year Indy was not a good team. Manning had to do sort of what Brady is doing this year: play at a very, very high level to keep his team competitive. This year Indy is worse, and even with Manning they would probably struggle to get to .500

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Oakland's defense looked completely disorganized in the second half, with a lot of players blowing their responsibilities (like contain). Tebow was hitting receivers that were ridiculously wide open and simultaneously the ground game was free to run wild. A properly organized defense can't completely shut down a QB's running game especially with the speed of Tebow, but there's no way that a defense facing a struggling passing offense should be giving up almost 300 yards rushing.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 05:21 PM ----------

Manning has almost always had a very strong receiving corps to work with. Brady has had periods of having good receivers, but also several seasons when his receivers really were not that good at all. This year the Pats really have one of the weakest receiving corps in the league. They lack size and they lack speed. They have trouble getting separation and can't get open downfield, meaning that defenders can stay close and cut off underneath routes (which is why Brady has so many INTs this year since anything but a perfect pass has a very good chance of being picked off). The Pats also do not have a strong running game and their offensive line has lost a lot of their stalwarts.

Honestly, the job Brady is doing this year with what he has to work with is quite remarkable. With good weapons he put up all-time record numbers. With weaker weapons he can still put up good numbers and score points.

Cassell can actually put up really good numbers from time to time (he has some of the highest passing yards games in NFL history, including with KC) but the KC offense demanded more of him than he can handle consistently. In NE they kept things simple in a system for him and drew up plays really, really well and limited the decisions he had to make. He mostly had to just go through his checkdowns and make a good throw. Brady has much more demanded of him.

Last year Indy was not a good team. Manning had to do sort of what Brady is doing this year: play at a very, very high level to keep his team competitive. This year Indy is worse, and even with Manning they would probably struggle to get to .500
    Brady has always done more with less. Has he ever had a legitimate running back(Corey Dillion?)? Him and Manning have never had any ground support.