Recommended Starting Haste For Firelands?

So I've decided to mix it up and starting raiding with some friends in a smaller guild rather than my 25 man and am swapping from my warrior to hunter. So far I really enjoy raiding on one and have been looking at EJ and stuff like that but its a bit overwhelming. I was just wondering if there was a good amount of haste I should be aiming for before I reforge into other stats? I also just bought the bracers and and crossbow and had to get off so I havent had a chance to toss them in wowreforge or enchant them or anything like that.

Armory

Sorry for the little paragraph, just want an idea of a good play to start that my gear will allow. Thanks!

1235 for MM if possible.

edit: Plugged you into wowreforge.com to see if it's possible to do so in your gear. Yes you can reach 1235.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2011-11-05 at 11:11 PM.

You're looking at it from the wrong point of view. Run what ya brung bro.
    [19:41:18] [S] [85:Furial:1]: If I were told in vanilla that one day hunters would be able to res 24 people in 1 go I would have quit the game

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing you see in the EJ 4.2 MM Hunter guide is their recommendations for your haste value if entering Firelands.

Arcane Shot Recommendation (Still Uses Aimed Shot When Sufficiently Hasted)

- Use the 12.93% haste from gear and Pathing amount.
    http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t112408-...manship_guide/

Don't mind the latency note unless you have over 400MS though. Get around 1250.
    Hi

Great thanks for the feedback! Ill give that a try.

Deleted
    1235 is good. Going full haste and dumping with aimed shot can produce good numbers. but i found that Mastery Gear is Easier to obtain and dumping with arcane shot is alot more forgiving. seeing as your switching form a warrior to hunter, Dumping with arcane shot maybe a good choice as raiding melee to range is a little different...

Nice thanks for the tip, I think after a week of two of gearing up and replacing the random tier 11 i had from some heroics it might be easier to move stats around and give that a try

you're fine. there is no haste requirement

1235+ 3/3 Pathing without HS glyph

Once im sitting comfortably around 1235, any incentive to keep it up or should I just stay around there and prioritize better deeps stats like crit > matery?

Quote Originally Posted by ignit3e View Post
    Once im sitting comfortably around 1235, any incentive to keep it up or should I just stay around there and prioritize better deeps stats like crit > matery?
    You aren't near the gear to be able to do much higher.

Keep at 1235 Haste while maintaining stat priority for Crit.

Agility> Hit > Crit > 1235 Haste > Mastery > haste
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Yea I'm just asking after I gather some new stuff that would allow that kind of flexability do I still wanna use "Agility> Hit > Crit > 1235 Haste > Mastery > haste " ?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ignit3e View Post
    Yea I'm just asking after I gather some new stuff that would allow that kind of flexability do I still wanna use "Agility> Hit > Crit > 1235 Haste > Mastery > haste " ?

Thanks!
    Preference, lots of people go for more haste (1800+) whereas others stick at 1200ish or even 7-8% haste at times. Since youre new though id just stick with 1235 for now and dump with arcane, when you get more gear and a little more experience, then you can start experimenting with different amounts of haste and an aimed rotation.

While all the above responses are correct. Overall I would say that very very high haste builds with Aimed Shot dumps are noticeably superior, however, for working on Heroic Ragnaros, the amount of movement and knockbacks and other factors that don't allow you to Aimed Shot as much, I stay in my Crit/Mastery build pretty much at all times... but I will say that if I was in a guild that didn't do Heroic Ragnaros, I'd be more apt to just keep my high haste build all the time.

Take from that what you will.

Alright cool thanks!