Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    That's your standard issued rifle correct? I saw a few of them then in Iraq, they seem pretty decent. Our standard rifle is the M16 which they captured pretty nicely in this game, especially the sounds and iron sites. I'm sure they'll do the SA80 justice.
    Sure is. It’s going to be odd seeing players run around with suppressor/flashlight attachments on an SA80 though, very odd indeed.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 04:53 PM ----------

Looks like they nerfed it ingame, sad Toccs.

•Maximum effective range: 500 Meters

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Sure is. It’s going to be odd seeing players run around with suppressor/flashlight attachments on an SA80 though, very odd indeed.

OPfirestorm requries a range max of about 800 km even then you wouldnt see/shoot with effect that far without the ballistic scope and a sniper rifle really. Base to base is about 1.5km I would say. You really wouldn't need more in this game :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I'm baffled by the amount of snipers using the tac light or laser sight on their snipers. I mean why?

Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post

I'm not sure about the SA80's max range but seeing that it fires 5.56 like the m16 the average "long shot" you would want to take with it would be 500 yrds (550 meters i suppose) before you start to have to drastically alter your site picture on a point target. I'm deadly at 500 yrds prone (iron sites) but any farther back I would need something other than iron sites and I would still have to deal with trajectory loss and windage. I have yet to fire from farther than 500 yards, especially in combat so I can only use "guesswork". Now, again, I'm speaking of the m16a2 (and at one point the M4) which are both similar in a lot of ways to the SA80.

In light of that, I would say 500 meters is not nerfed but rather accurate. BUT (big but) you have just as much knowledge of the sa80 as I do my weapons so if you say that thing is accurate past 500 meters then I will believe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    We really need more british weapons/tanks in BF3, and the option to play as british solider, that is what I really miss. :/ Challenger 2 would be great to see ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    I'm baffled by the amount of snipers using the tac light or laser sight on their snipers. I mean why?
    are they actually using the light or are you mistaking the reflection off their scope as the light? (the scopes description even say it can allow enemies to see the reflections)

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    are they actually using the light or are you mistaking the reflection off their scope as the light? (the scopes description even say it can allow enemies to see the reflections)
    Oh yeah they're using it. Usually see it if I get killed or when I get close enough.

I play engineer a lot. With Explosives upgrade pack the Mines becomes a LOT of fun. Laying out a minefield in front of enemy base is always good for at least a few kills.

They really need an option to filer server based on Friendly Fire state like they had in BF2 and BF:BC2.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone View Post
    They really need an option to filer server based on Friendly Fire state like they had in BF2 and BF:BC2.
    On release they had a tick mark for FF on the filter options. It's gone now for some dumb reason, since the latest browser update.

I dunno what it is about this game anymore, i cant stand to play through a 2 hour session. Justs gets stale, to top that there is only one map i have any remote amount of fun on and thats defending on canals. i hope the karkland pack brings somthing back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone View Post
    I play engineer a lot. With Explosives upgrade pack the Mines becomes a LOT of fun. Laying out a minefield in front of enemy base is always good for at least a few kills.

I play as an engineer 2/3 of my playing time. In such a game as BF3 where vehicles are massively outclass normal infantry and so common, having a RPG launcher ready is quite handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    New footage of Strike at Karkand and Gulf of Oman, both look absolutely amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiZz0...&feature=feedu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZxZ5...&feature=feedu

I'm still annoyed about the PS3 getting Karkand a week early. I mean really? So EA had to annoy people by the stupid preorder bonuses that they had with BF3, but now their going to annoy people even more by giving content to a different platform earlier than others? And don't even think about giving me that "It's just a week, It's not a big deal" lecture.
    If you pay full price game, YOU BETTER get the same release date for content or whatever the same time everyone else does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I'm still annoyed about the PS3 getting Karkand a week early. I mean really? So EA had to annoy people by the stupid preorder bonuses that they had with BF3, but now their going to annoy people even more by giving content to a different platform earlier than others? And don't even think about giving me that "It's just a week, It's not a big deal" lecture.
    If you pay full price game, YOU BETTER get the same release date for content or whatever the same time everyone else does.
    Wait what...I'm actually kind of offended.

The 360 has gotten early DLC for how many games for how many years now? The PS3 gets one and its all doom and gloom? The reason why the PS3 gets it early is because PS3 owners didn't get Battlefield 1943 like promised. If its really a problem, don't play or get a PS3, either way its not the end of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    i fail to see how they could give any reason for it

(i play pc, not crappy consoles), but anyway, if the content is complete, for what possible reason could they delay it on any platform other than one, they say "yeah, we gave it to this console firts to appease the whiners because they never got some other game" or something? doesn't cut dice, if it's done, it's done

i dislike this DLC crap anyway, buy the game with the knowledge that not very far down the line there's content to be added to it you have to pay for it, the content is/was probably already complete and shoulda been in the main game anyway

on the plus side, i get the first DLC for free, but still, always hated this buy it then pay for the rest of it crap

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Wait what...I'm actually kind of offended.

The 360 has gotten early DLC for how many games for how many years now? The PS3 gets one and its all doom and gloom? The reason why the PS3 gets it early is because PS3 owners didn't get Battlefield 1943 like promised. If its really a problem, don't play or get a PS3, either way its not the end of the world.
    What I was saying Is that NO PLATFORM should get any early DLC.

Agreed but a week is hardly something to get my undies in a bunch at least.A month maybe but a week is lolable at least it gives other platforms a chance to watch videos on the map and actually learn em before they come out.

I really do wish they would stop with this crap of releasing to a platform earlier then the others. I am happy for once finally the PS3 will see content first but I do wish at some point they'd stop with it. I'm not lecturing but the bright side is that it is only 1 week for 360 and PC. I couldn't understand how Black Ops was releasing to the 360 without even an ETA on when the others would get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the early DLC on PS3 to compensate for them not getting a free copy of 1942? Seems kind of fair to me

Metro sucks!*

*unless you're medic