Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Beta Impressions

Well to make a long story short, I was invited to BETA in early April of this year, the client was horrible and the game was nearly unplayable. I was furious and uninstalled. Well a friend told me last week to re-install the game and come play with him. I said 'Hell no, im not playing that trash again, it was horrid". He said "quit being a bitch and come play some star wars ". So since hes a good friend, I decided to re-install.

Im glad I did. The new beta client is performing GREAT. Actions happen when I push the hot key all most instantly. It looks like their engine is second only to Blizzards WoW engine. (only because there is still a little bit of a stiffness issue).

I have to say good job BioWare, you finally did it! You found a way to make a MMO playable in PvE AND PvP. Its about damn time. Anyone avoiding SWTOR because the engine was horrible in beta phase 1, please take the time to reinstall and see first hand what bioware has done. I for one will now be buying this game and will play it when im not raiding in WoW.

GJ BioWare! Thank you for not using the gamebryo engine and taking the time to make your own. Takes some balls and a suitcase full of 100 dollar bills, but in the end, the investment pays off.

You are not allowed to say anything about the beta except that you are in it. No impressions or anything. This is breaking NDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    R u sure? Im only commenting on the performance of the Client. Not the game or story.

Dude, you just shredded the NDA. All you can say is that you are in Beta, nothing else. Re-read your NDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know the exact wording of the agreement, but I'd assume that because he's only told us opinions and we don't really know anything more about the game than we did when we came it, he hasn't broken the NDA.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes he has broken the NDA.

The NDA CLEARLY states you can only say two things:

1. There is game testing.
    2. You are in the game testing.

That is all. Delete your post before a mod does.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Quote Originally Posted by Zantumall View Post
    I'm no expert, but I'd assume that because he's only told us opinions and we don't really know anything more about the game than we did when we came it, he hasn't broken the NDA.
    You know the old adage about assuming. I know for a fact all you can say is that you are in Beta.

For what its worth, glad you enjoyed it and had a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    R u sure? Im only commenting on the performance of the Client. Not the game or story.
    Yeah NDA is extremely spastic like that. They consider this NDA breaking even if it is positive. Also why you hating on Gamebryo dawg!?!?!? ToR combat looks pretty ghetto in my opinion and nothing short of Crysis 2 will fix that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Yeah NDA is extremely spastic like that. They consider this NDA breaking even if it is positive. Also why you hating on Gamebryo dawg!?!?!? ToR combat looks pretty ghetto in my opinion and nothing short of Crysis 2 will fix that.
    Well its not how the combat looks, in my opinoin 'looks' and graphics come 2nd to gameplay. The responsiveness of the client is 100 times better than in April. And im hating on Gamebryo because its complete trash. Its like the power point of RPG game production programs.

And I still dont see how Im breaking the NDA when thousands of people have gotten to test the client for over 2 years at various trade shows and exibititions.

Deleted
    Ban Hammer incoming.

Ironic that of all the posts, yours is the one that is most likely to be infracted, but I'll give you a pass for useless spam posting this time. DON'T RESPOND REPORT.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-08 at 05:42 PM.

the "the combat looks ghetto" comment mostly comes from wow players...have u seen combat in wow? u stand still and shoot or smash 2 buttons. move 3 feet to the right then smash 2 buttons.

Oh noes, the horror! someone said the game works well technically!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Ban Hammer incoming.
    Why? He hasn't broken any rules, they can simply "SNIP" his post...

Its hardly breaking NDA, although its a grey line.

@OP You should really discuss this in the SWTOR's beta forums rather then here.
    -K

Deleted
    who cares that he broke the nda,its the internet,if you look well you'll find tons of info on the beta,there'll be leaks anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    who cares that he broke the nda,its the internet,if you look well you'll find tons of info on the beta,there'll be leaks anyway
    Yes which tend to have names hidden for a reason.

Last I heard BW can take legal action against people who brake the NDA? But who will listen to them, I think Judges have better things to do. Worst case scenario, say goodbye to your Beta account.

People are over-exaggerating though with all this NDA shenanigans. That said, id keep all the Beta related info down to the minimum.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not like im talking about the story or the spec trees or anything. And to be honest, those things dont matter. Playability is paramount in a MMO. People need to know what engines their games are made in, people need to support developers who take the time to develop their OWN in house engine and not piggy back off some engine that was made for console RPGs 8 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    While OP is breaking NDA, its nice to see positive feedback. Further more, when someone comes in here talking trash about the beta, I never see "your breaking NDA". Thats just in the OP's defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Its not like im talking about the story or the spec trees or anything. And to be honest, those things dont matter. Playability is paramount in a MMO. People need to know what engines their games are made in, people need to support developers who take the time to develop their OWN in house engine and not piggy back off some engine that was made for console RPGs 8 years ago.
    That's why you have Beta testing program and the Beta forums to discuss that information and let Bioware know how you feel about their game (aka review)
    Last edited by Mister K; 2011-11-08 at 04:52 PM.
    -K