Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How long should we expect until release?

So, I was bored at wow but thought I would last the patch for my guild. The guild today got a "kick all" kind of nerd rage out of nowhere so my destiny is showing me to the door of wow.
    I'm planning on GW1 for some casual exploring, other games out there don't look appealing enough.
    What do you people think, for how long will we need to wait for this game? People posting asura pictures and the more I read about the game the less I can't wait =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Q1-2 2012 best case, Q3-4 worst case, if it comes out any later than that I will eat a tire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Q1-2 2012 best case, Q3-4 worst case, if it comes out any later than that I will eat a tire.
    I like it that they don't rush it, but end of next year, that is tough wait bro =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it will be in Q2 2012. Not before, because I will only be able to buy a new computer by june or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    People posting asura pictures
    Let's not forget their /laugh amimation

..........soon....
    Huh, wha-, you want me to come closer? Oh, you don't wanna fight anymore? Oh, your hands are up there almost like you're beggin'... beggin' for a little piece of Boba... Yeah, ya like that, don't ya? You like it, 'cause you're bad... oh, yeah... you dirty, little smuggler...

Assuming beta hits this year id be hopeful it mite come out Q1, as the game looks polished, i remember rift hitting beta and finding like 2 bugs , and from what ive seen gw2 seems to be at the same level of polish as this, but for all we know (unless someone in alpha can tell us differently) other zones mite not be to far done in devolpment, i am however going to assume pvp is pretty much finished apart from balance issues etc, but that cant be fixed till world class players start playing the game as there the only ones who can talk about balance, even more so then game devs tbh(just cause you make a game it doesnt mean you are any good at it)

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Assuming beta hits this year id be hopeful it mite come out Q1, as the game looks polished, i remember rift hitting beta and finding like 2 bugs , and from what ive seen gw2 seems to be at the same level of polish as this, but for all we know (unless someone in alpha can tell us differently) other zones mite not be to far done in devolpment, i am however going to assume pvp is pretty much finished apart from balance issues etc, but that cant be fixed till world class players start playing the game as there the only ones who can talk about balance, even more so then game devs tbh(just cause you make a game it doesnt mean you are any good at it)
    You must not be familiar with ArenaNet. They make the game, play the game, love the game, and are well accustomed to balancing skills, since they had over 1000 skills to balance

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Closed beta has been stated to be released by the end of this year. They have also stated that an open beta will only last a short time, perhaps even a few weeks as they want the game to be done by the time they release the open beta. That being said the only thing that's really unclear now is how long from closed beta to open beta. My guess would likely be between 6-12 months unfortunately. So between May 2012 - December 2012. I hope it is sooner but we'll see. The game has been in development for years so it should be done soon.

As they say, good things come to those who wait.

You'll be able to play the beta by the end of the year if you get in, though. That's less than 2 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I like it that they don't rush it, but end of next year, that is tough wait bro =)
    4 yearssss /cry 4 yeeeeeeeeeeeearsss..... my preciousssss......... give me the precious!

4...long...years...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    4...long...years...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    *hug* we're almost there... almost!

I think Q1. Quite a few games are coming out that time. FireFall presumably, Diablo III, and I'm confident that GW2 will too.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    I think Q1. Quite a few games are coming out that time. FireFall presumably, Diablo III, and I'm confident that GW2 will too.
    Many people made that mistake for about 3 years now.

IDK how long we still have to go....but ever since I played GW2 at San Diego Comic-con....it was crack.....it is crack....it is a drug beyond all drugs...I NEED IT!!!.........

/cries myself into a corner

It killed WoW for me...it really did.

For me, I just quit wow and was about to stop playing video games, then I watched a GW2 gameplay video. I try to get out then they bring me right back in.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

i never realy paid attention to any game's closed beta befor to know how long it takes :/

any 1 can throw in an example ? coz sm1 above said 6-12 month and i realy think thts too much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebeso View Post
    i never realy paid attention to any game's closed beta befor to know how long it takes :/

any 1 can throw in an example ? coz sm1 above said 6-12 month and i realy think thts too much
    I'm guessing April for launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I hope it will be in Q2 2012. Not before, because I will only be able to buy a new computer by june or something.
    Get a new computer so you can sympathize with the rest of us lol