Thread: Best EXP Gain?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I do follow a duracell inquis/justi/sham spec and after 30 and getting Reparation/Doctrine of Bliss, I am unstoppable in most cases. I come from games that punish you with your life if you come in contact with more than 2 mobs, so I TRY to 1v1 when I can. It hasn't gotten me killed yet, so I'll stick with that.
    Rift questing is super easy. Start pulling more. The game's lower zones are like kiddieland. Rift is easy.

Also, guides are good in Rift as in any MMO. But classes change frequently in Rift and many guides are written with certain gear and leveling pattern expectations of the time. Basically, "standard" build is somewhat faulty as a concept.

For example, you are a Duracleric but what is the point spread? Are you Inq/Just/Sham with crit emphasis, Contempt back heals, DOL or DOB spec'd? 0 point build or 36 passive? Are you wearing cloth or chain? Are you using leather for melee? 2h hammer, 2h staff or 1h+tails or 1h+shield? What Justy Mein are you running? Source machine? Etc.

A Duracleric of Inq/Just/Sham has many variants. Rethinking your spec and repeccing often at all levels of play is the most sound advice anyone can ever give with regards to Rift.

On note of those elites, they are the ones at the end of fire/earth ones. I hear those elites are superpowered this patch, and that they are pretty much unsoloable. I have tried to solo the level 12 ones in Silverwood but I get hit for like 300 damage every second, I just can't stay alive. It took a tank and I, as healer, about 3 or 4 minutes to down an elite in Gloamwood last week.
    Not really. Nah. You can still take them down depending on spec and choice of abilities.

For example, a Vex/Impede cleric with Sent light skills to pump Convictions can drop elites in Major rifts with ease. A Rogue stun-sabo or blink-blade can chain pull those elites and take nearly zero damage.

With less gear you can't stand toe-to-toe with elites, true. Yet builds which can kite or CC indefinitely are a great choice. I just solo'd a major tear as a mage by mass CC and self heals. Using my pet like a time bomb. My warrior can solo major rifts without getting hit in a run-n-shoot spec.

It's all about spec in Rift. Gear is like 10% of the equation outside of raids.

I'll try picking up a tank spec later then, I guess. I'm just really trying to save my platinum for the level 50 mount.
    At least get your first 3 roles. You'll be swimming in plat by 50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rift questing is super easy. Start pulling more. The game's lower zones are like kiddieland. Rift is easy.

Also, guides are good in Rift as in any MMO. But classes change frequently in Rift and many guides are written with certain gear and leveling pattern expectations of the time. Basically, "standard" build is somewhat faulty as a concept.

For example, you are a Duracleric but what is the point spread? Are you Inq/Just/Sham with crit emphasis, Contempt back heals, DOL or DOB spec'd? 0 point build or 36 passive? Are you wearing cloth or chain? Are you using leather for melee? 2h hammer, 2h staff or 1h+tails or 1h+shield? What Justy Mein are you running? Source machine? Etc.

A Duracleric of Inq/Just/Sham has many variants. Rethinking your spec and repeccing often at all levels of play is the most sound advice anyone can ever give with regards to Rift.
    I am capped 14 points into Inquis, with ~16 in Shaman and the last in Justicar (which is about 14 or 15) I use the mein that gives 50% less threat and 50% more healing through whatever it says on the tooltip (Forgot)

I use Chain, atm a 2h staff because it gives 2x the stats and +2 dps than my 2h hammer, and Reparation gives more healing. I use Doctrine of Bliss (300/400 health) when I go < 50%. I don't know what a source machine is.

I'm running what is supposed to be the best spec, I will not change it because I have looked a lot and this is the best I could find.

Those elites, no matter how hard I try, are indeed unsoloable. I have tried many times So nothing will change that fact. I pulled 3 npc mages earlier at equal level and before I could get one to 50%, I myself was at less than 40% health and dropping quickly, I had to run away. I also tried healing a dungeon but no matter how hard I tried, eventually people started to die on the first boss, multiple times. I'd probably blame it on the game, since I've healed in other MMOs with no problems as big as that. I've heard of 'mouseover macros', but I do not wish to use them.

I may as well just keep questing and perhaps tank someday.

Okay, I don't know what to tell you then. As a cleric I died 4 times while leveling and could solo healed all dungeons from normal->t1->t2. Easy as pie. /shrug

Hardly think it's the game's fault you are having healing woes as well. Obviously, many players solo heal dungeons at all levels and gear strata. When support usually asks healers if they need assistance, most say no. Including myself.

Spec is key. Link it.

At low levels where gear has the least impact, spec is all there is really. Trouble blasting elites, aoe farming, general questing or performing in a dungeon is almost wholly a spec issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I am capped 14 points into Inquis, with ~16 in Shaman and the last in Justicar (which is about 14 or 15) I use the mein that gives 50% less threat and 50% more healing through whatever it says on the tooltip (Forgot)

I use Chain, atm a 2h staff because it gives 2x the stats and +2 dps than my 2h hammer, and Reparation gives more healing. I use Doctrine of Bliss (300/400 health) when I go < 50%. I don't know what a source machine is.

I'm running what is supposed to be the best spec, I will not change it because I have looked a lot and this is the best I could find.

Those elites, no matter how hard I try, are indeed unsoloable. I have tried many times So nothing will change that fact. I pulled 3 npc mages earlier at equal level and before I could get one to 50%, I myself was at less than 40% health and dropping quickly, I had to run away. I also tried healing a dungeon but no matter how hard I tried, eventually people started to die on the first boss, multiple times. I'd probably blame it on the game, since I've healed in other MMOs with no problems as big as that. I've heard of 'mouseover macros', but I do not wish to use them.

I may as well just keep questing and perhaps tank someday.
    Mouseover macro's is just a word. You only need to put one heal spell in each macro and it works exactly like grid or healbot in WoW. Hover over the raid frame or party member and heal them. If I'm reading you right your clicking someone portrait then healing them? Even in wow that is a bad recipe for healing. I run warden/sentinel spec and solo heal any 5 man T1, T2 or Master mode dungeon. I use a "mouseover macro" which just allows you to mouse over the raid frame in question and heal them so you don't have to click people.

Just curious how do your healing in wow? Do you use a mod?

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 04:16 PM ----------

Humor me and try this macro:

#show Healing Spray
    cast @mouseoverui Healing Spray
    cast Healing Spray

cut & past that into the built in macros and then mouse over a party member or yourself and hit your keybind
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-11-08 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Left out the #show Healing Spray

I don't heal with any mouseover macros in Rift. Battle rez is the only mouseover macro I use. Not that I am against mouseover macros for healing. It is simply that healing in Rift is a breeze. Clerics don't even need line of sight to target, have infinite mana and heal from a mile away.

First time I solo healed as a Cleric in a dungeon my sister was like, "Just hit Healing Invocation and mana return @ 50%."

Literally just needed to do exactly that through the whole dungeon. What can be easier?

Purifier/Sentinel is like 3 button healing; Healing Invocation, Healing Breathe... um, Healing Spray? So easy.

[My main is a tank. And as a tank through all content tiers since headstart, I will tell you there is nothing more frustrating to a tank than a Warden healer outside a raid. FYI.]

Edit: I take it back. Marksmen using Crossfire at close range while I am tanking is worse than a Warden tossing 10 HOTs on me before a pull. Damn you, Rogues.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-11-08 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't heal with any mouseover macros in Rift. Battle rez is the only mouseover macro I use. Not that I am against mouseover macros for healing. It is simply that healing in Rift is a breeze. Clerics don't even need line of sight to target, have infinite mana and heal from a mile away.

First time I solo healed as a Cleric in a dungeon my sister was like, "Just hit Healing Invocation and mana return @ 50%."

Literally just needed to do exactly that through the whole dungeon. What can be easier?

Purifier/Sentinel is like 3 button healing; Healing Invocation, Healing Breathe... um, Healing Spray? So easy.

[My main is a tank. And as a tank through all content tiers since headstart, I will tell you there is nothing more frustrating to a tank than a Warden healer outside a raid. FYI.]

Edit: I take it back. Marksmen using Crossfire at close range while I am tanking is worse than a Warden tossing 10 HOTs on me before a pull. Damn you, Rogues.
    You can get by with that possibly in a 5 man, raiding in 20 man setting is not so cut and dry. Warden/sentinel has hots, direct heals, convent shield, instant aoe heals, orb, casted aoe heals that you want to have hasted with serendipity etc etc.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2011-11-08 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    You can get by with that possibly in a 5 man, raiding in 20 man setting is not so cut and dry. Warden/sentinel has hots, direct heals, convent shield, instant aoe heals, orb, casted aoe heals that you want to have hasted with serendipity etc etc.
    Well, I am assuming he is not ready for raiding if level 30 mobs and normal dungeons are currently tripping points.

Natch, there is more to any class at endgame. Not really necessary for him to know about all that just yet though. Using a simple Puri/Sent build for norms and t1s is good enough for now.

I've found Purisent healers often struggle on AoE damage when levelling. I've had 0 trouble getting to 30 as Wardsent just by maintaining Soothing Stream at 4 stacks on the entire party if necessary and alternating Healing Spray and Healing current on tank every refresh cycle, mana heavy but boss fights don't last long at this level.