Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Dude if 4.2 didn't help subs, how the hell will 4.3?
    Deathwing alone is better than everything from 4.1 and 4.2 combined, throw in transmog and the 3 dungeons and shazam!

15+ Year Old Account
    People saying WoW is dead are extremely naive.

To put it into perspective MMO's like Rift etc are circa the 1.5mill subscribers mark (I believe), and they're living happily.

The reality is, WoW could lose another 6million subscribers and still be one of the most subscribed (if not THE most) subscribed MMO in the world.

WoW, at it's peak was THAT good that it would have to lose 3-4x as much as it has in the last year before it could technically be anywhere near ' dead '.

Move the decimal place in the original topic one to the left and that would signify a dead WoW. Whilst they have more subscribers than most average countries population, they're far from dead.
    Last edited by Malefic; 2011-11-08 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Hey "Dude", I know a lot of people that are re-subin in 4.3 for the new content.
    Anecdotal evidence, worthless, I have friends that quit WoW that doesn't mean the game is dying.

Deleted
    Dude if 4.2 didn't help subs, how the hell will 4.3?
    Ive tried both the PTRs and honestly, patch 4.3 offers A LOT more content to both casuals and hardcores in comparison to 4.2

Darkmoon Faire was very entertaining, LFR Im not quite sure yet, Ive had good and bad groups and one of them even made it to Madness of DW.

New Heroics are pretty fun aswell. Not to mention transmog. causing people to spend some spare time into clearing old dungeons

Deleted
    The bit where he said most of the drop was in Asia was interesting. I was worried the drops were in the west, but apparently not. Although it is a bit embarrassing for Blizzard that they're losing players in an EMERGING MARKET, only 3 months after releasing an entirely new expansion in China. But at least it means better news for western players.

Blizzard also better hope that MoP is popular in the west, because it seems like Asia isn't as easy to crack as they thought it'd be. Maybe creating an expansion catering to China wasn't such a great idea after all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Deathwing alone is better than everything from 4.1 and 4.2 combined, throw in transmog and the 3 dungeons and shazam!
    From the testing videos Deathwing looks incredibly underwhelming. Transmog tool will get old extremely quickly, its a feature that should've been in the game years ago.

Anecdotal evidence, worthless, I have friends that quit WoW that doesn't mean the game is dying.
    I don't see your point in this post. But I did see that you ignored about 15 comments that called you out, posted by other people.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Deleted
    minus 800.000 subs in 3 months

That's a lot.

Deleted
    Lets be honest though, they're still making a fuck load of money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyChief View Post
    Plus anyone who thought there'd had been a net GAIN in subs over the past year is probably delusional. This game, as much as I love (and hate, but mostly love) it, is starting to get old. It's like seeing grandpa every Xmas and wondering if he'll make it to next year's Xmas... I think what WoW really needs is a model overhaul. That might help it live a little longer... But at this point they might as well just make a whole new game (cough cough Titan) while they're at it.
    yeah because 10,3 million is bad. Other MMO's are doing much better right? I know this is a big deal. But I see many people comming for 4.3 and a ton more comming for Mop. Expect 11 million again at that point

Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouall View Post
    Raid Finder.
    Raid finder is going to be a disaster, 5 average wow players can barely finish a dungeon, forget clumping 25 idiots together and hoping they'll actually kill a raid boss without it being nerfed to the point that it dies in 2 hits, FL pugs didn't start becoming common until everything was nerfed to hell, and even than a lot of pugs still fail, now imagine a group of people from different realms with no vent and no real leader.

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    The only thing I can figure on this is that the quarterly reports didn't line up with patch release player peaks like they did so well in Wrath.
    I think there's a lot of truth in this. I mean sure, it's not like WoW hasn't been suffering a bit this expansion from the lack of innovation, but these last two quarterly reports have come at really bad late-patch moments. Even I've been pretty bored with stuff lately, I'm just counting the days till 4.3 >.<

What's funny is the subs WoW lost are high enough to keep decent MMO running hell it's even higher than most of other MMOs sub but compare to WoW's sub it's not that much.

WoW is not at its peak but it's still doing far better than others.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2011-11-08 at 10:27 PM.

I expected a loss. Once MoP releases, there will be a huge rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shivved View Post
    Lets be honest though, they're still making a fuck load of money
    They are. Even if they go down to 1 million subs, that is still 15 million dollars a month. Pretty good for a MMO.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    I don't see your point in this post. But I did see that you ignored about 15 comments that called you out, posted by other people.
    Just because your friends are resubbing doesn't mean Joe across the street's friends are too, people had friends resubbing for 4.2 and look how that went.

Seriously go back to school, and pay attention this time, you'll learn what the word anecdotal means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I think there's a lot of truth in this. I mean sure, it's not like WoW hasn't been suffering a bit this expansion from the lack of innovation, but these last two quarterly reports have come at really bad late-patch moments. Even I've been pretty bored with stuff lately, I'm just counting the days till 4.3 >.<
    Q3 is the 1st 3 months of 4.2...

It's not bad timing at all. If a major content patch can't keep people playing for 3 months then it has issues.

Deleted
    I don't know if I should find this funny or sad.

On one side, it's a game I once loved and it's sad to see it fall. I mean in previous quarters there was little content, but now it fell 800k with Firelands and the new questing zone, releasing both Wrath and Cata in China and that not having any real big competitors for even though Rift was ok, it isn't taking such a huge number of WoW subscribers.

On the other hand I can't not laugh. Both to Blizzard because they thought they could keep people pumping out less content at about same pace as before and to the WoW fanatics who kept saying "people will return, people will return" like it was all they could say.

I didn't expect such a huge drop, I almost feel bad for WoW but still hope they'll drop more, to 5 million. That way competition could start to appear easier and then everyone would work for better games as now Blizzard does not.

And if you don't agree with me, your problem, I stated my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    That's it! WoW's dead.
    Umm that video was adressing how people complain about wow and saying its dying over specific content they hate.

In this situation, we're getting wow subscriber losses. Obviously wow isn't going to die for a long time. It has freaking 10 million subscribers. That's a lot! But, it is dying slowly now.

WoW may not be dead, but 10.3 Million definitely puts it on the decline.
    Assuming a Bell-type curve, they still have plenty of time before they'll loose half their subscribers (2014)
    Assuming of course that the rats don't abandon the sinking ship when SWTOR, or GW2 gets released.

Last edited by xenoz; 2011-11-08 at 10:35 PM.