Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Guild Wars 2 at G-Star in Korea

ArenaNet showed up with Guild Wars 2 at the G-Star trade show in Korea.

Don't worry about the asian models, they are just extra customization options that were enabled by default in this demo.

Oh and it looks like they fixed the lip synch issues.

Deleted
    You're abit late with all this info.

It's in the One Thread and the videos are already in the video thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it opens to the public in like 6 hours at a guess, so hopefully we'll have enough content for a thread

Deleted
    Pardon my French but that is a fucking badass area O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    Pardon my French but that is a fucking badass area O.o
    Pardon his french again, because I agree..it's fucking badass o.O...and I'm not easily impressed (except for when it comes to shiny objects)...

That is an awesome display.But hey it's Guild Wars 2 and you have to go big.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pardon his french again, because I agree..it's fucking badass o.O...and I'm not easily impressed (except for when it comes to shiny objects)...
    Shame on you two! You can't say that kind of stuff about their fucking amazing stand...!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Shame on you two! You can't say that kind of stuff about their fucking amazing stand...!
    ...sowwy ...sowwy for using bad words about their bloody fantastic stand!

By the way...the sound of that dragon is the best dragon sound I've ever heard...

10+ Year Old Account

Damnit Mif. You beat me to it!

I'm so glad they filled in the finishing move animation. And mouth animations for cutscene looks MUCH better.

Anyone notice that players there were awesome at playing the game? Must be the Korean gaming genetics :S /envy

Quote Originally Posted by aej View Post
    Damnit Mif. You beat me to it!

I'm so glad they filled in the finishing move animation. And mouth animations for cutscene looks MUCH better.

Anyone notice that players there were awesome at playing the game? Must be the Korean gaming genetics :S /envy
    it's more related to the country than genetics but yeah.

while i don't mind the asian models, they really look "NCSoft-y". anyone else thinking the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ Kinda clarified here
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Flannum
    First, we did not add new armor to make the game look more asian. All we did was make our lower level characters wear some higher level armor because our research has shown us that in Asian markets, character appearance is extremely important (more so than in the west) and we wanted players in the demo to see some of the fancier armor. If you go back and look at concepts we've previously released you can find almost every single armor that we are showing at G-Star. These armors have always been planned to be in the game and none of them are replacing armors that you've previously seen.

Second, We added a lot of detail to our character faces, added some new faces to the character creator, temporarily removed others (those that we didn't have time to touch up for the demo or simply didn't like) and kept some of them the same but touched them up to match the new faces. The addition of these new faces will not mean the removal of any faces that we may have otherwise had. Tyria is a pretty diverse place and always has been. We have always wanted to allow players the option to have their humans look Ascalonian, Canthan, Krytan, and Elonan. Until now we mostly had Ascalonian with a few Krytan style faces here and there. It seemed like a good idea to add some of our Canthan style faces for the G-Star demo. Once again, the addition of Canthan and eventually Elonan style facial features has always been the plan.

We also changed the appearance of some of our NPC's. This happens all the time as we gain more options with our composite system which uses all the art that we use for our players. NPC's have changed appearance between demos before and you can continue to expect them to change appearance as we continue development. Again, as we add more Canthan and Elonan style faces into the game you can expect to see more characters with these features appear both PC and NPC. I hope this clears things up.
    Canthan being asian, and Elonan being african/black, for those that didn't play GW1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    ^ Kinda clarified hereCanthan being asian, and Elonan being african/black, for those that didn't play GW1.
    African mixed with Middle Eastern. I love how everyone made them White tho :b

But yes the Asian styling was a great move to get into the Asian markets

Deleted
    I love the look of

And the Guardian chick.

Yay! An extra hour going get wasted by creating my character! I like the additions

Maybe it's just me but the humans look slightly better than I had remembered.

Loving the new finishing move, alot less floaty!

Also loving the extra details on the charcters. Was worried about the plasticy looking characterless dolls we'd seen previously, but this one in particular has reassured me!

Loving the look of this Engineer as well!

Can't wait until they give us the new video they promised us this week, will hopefully show us exactly what the character creator is capable of!

I'm going to say what everybody thinks....

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEENNNN NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Character creation is starting to look amazing.

As for wanting this game now? NO! I want to have time to play around with the new Zelda first!

10+ Year Old Account
    Human female customisation

---------- Post added 2011-11-11 at 06:47 AM ----------

Updated Logan Thackery