Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jedis... any of them badasses?

Reading through the jedi lore and whatnot, it wouldn't seem fun to be a jedi, what with celibacy and containing your emotions etc. Were there ever any unorthodox, badass jedi that spat at the jedi code, yet still served the republic and never went to the dark side?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Reading through the jedi lore and whatnot, it wouldn't seem fun to be a jedi, what with celibacy and containing your emotions etc. Were there ever any unorthodox, badass jedi that spat at the jedi code, yet still served the republic and never went to the dark side?
    Damn, you had to throw in the "never went to the dark side" part there

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Jolee Bindo comes to mind!
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I have heard of. Not following the jedi code or whatever is pretty much grounds for dismissal, correct?

Your question is kind of like asking "Was there ever a soldier who ever spat directly in the face of the Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff as well as every other one of his superior officers while taking a shit on the white house lawn and refused every direct order unless it fit his schedule and didn't get thrown in prison or dishonorably discharged?". To be a Jedi is to at least somewhat believe in the Jedi code and attempt to abide by it, maybe stretching it occasionally.

You know those bad ass jedi have a name? They're called Sith/Renegade Dark Jedi. Or as we know them, not jedi. And Chrysia you missed the never went to the Dark side part so those two don't count. And really there's spoiler warnings on a what? 10 year old game. That's gotta be well passed the statute of limitations for that kind of nonsense.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2011-11-11 at 08:14 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

*SPOILER: For those who haven't played KotOR or haven't made the Satelle connection, the following contains spoilers*

Bastilla Shan, though she did temporarily fall to the Dark Side, and Revan both ended up fighting for the Republic and saving the Galaxy, as well as have several children.

Highlight to read.

15+ Year Old Account
    error 404, no result found.
    You cant have all those criteria and be still light side and still a sanctioned jedi.

well, qui-gon didn't exactly follow the counsil. i think cade skywalker is about the only one that was ever a complete badass, he did hardcore drugs and was a bounty hunter for most his life, but, he did fall to the darkside once, but if i recall correctly it was kinda an infiltration thing, but he still found i thard to go back neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sollis View Post
    Damn, you had to throw in the "never went to the dark side" part there
    Haha I thought that too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, "spitting on the jedi code" was improper wording on my end. I meant a hardass who didn't really have a "FREEDOM AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" type of attidude, a hard ass who still fought for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Alright, "spitting on the jedi code" was improper wording on my end. I meant a hardass who didn't really have a "FREEDOM AND JUSTICE FOR ALL" type of attidude, a hard ass who still fought for good.
    Hm. Now that's different. How about Jedi General Krell Pong (did I get his name right). From the previous 2 Clone Wars episodes. He's a hardass and (AFAIK) light side. Possibly an extremist even.

BTW, I dont like Clone Wars all that much, but the past two have been all about the troopers and are fantastic. Highly recommend you watch those "The General" and "darkness on umbara".

Deleted
    Anakin... went to Dark Side.

Jolee Bindu though definately, Kyle Katarn was also pretty badass

Edit: Mace Windu? ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Frankly. Word is the jedi knight is voiced by David Hayter (it sure sounds like him)

Who's David Hayter? (read: Solid Snake)[COLOR="red"]

also, General Kota (Force unleashed) was a pretty cool guy who didn't afraid of anything. but he's more post-clone wars pre-imperial-era.
    Last edited by blackblade; 2011-11-11 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jedi Knights ARE voiced by Solid Snake. There was a video of it from that comic-con methinks when they announced the pre-orders, also giving away SW:TOR to everyone in the room and had some of the voice actors talk about the game.

Emotion, yet peace.
    Ignorance, yet knowledge.
    Passion, yet serenity.
    Chaos, yet harmony.
    Death, yet the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salindris View Post
    Not that I have heard of. Not following the jedi code or whatever is pretty much grounds for dismissal, correct?

Depends on what you break. Many Jedi, Masters and Knights alike, falter to the code in their own ways. No one can be purely good or purely evil, the force requires balance. To try and follow the code to a "T" and remain completely selfless to be a great Jedi is, in itself, a selfish act.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Depends on what you break. Many Jedi, Masters and Knights alike, falter to the code in their own ways. No one can be purely good or purely evil, the force requires balance. To try and follow the code to a "T" and remain completely selfless to be a great Jedi is, in itself, a selfish act.
    That's not true at all... those who follow the code are slaves to the greater good.

I don't understand what's not badass about following the jedi code and abiding by it no matter what. To me it comparable to the samurai and their code of bushido. And if someone was ever badass then it was them. And on top of all, the jedi encourage compassion and 'virtue' while supressing personal desires. Anyone who is determined to follow that path (even though we all may falter) is a great man in my book and ought to be commended.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Obi-Wan Kenobi. Owning the crap out of General Grevious, cutting Darth Maul in half as a padawan as well as making a cripple out of Darth Vader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obi-Wan
    Qui Gon
    Mace Windu
    Yoda...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter