Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least, the marketing strategy is working well. I think 80% of MMO players are waiting to see GW2 out ASAP (the 20% don't know about GW2), but no one want to buy a game full of bugs. Let's wait to see, but it have to satisfy all player's needs or it gonna the most epic MMO fail.

...5...long...years...ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

No..I would not be happy about it, but what can you do? At least I have WoW, RDR, R&C, TS3 (when it works), DIII, Uncharted and a bit more of WoW to keep me busy...will it ease the pain of waiting? No...but it'll stop me from thinking about it.

It's just enough at some point...I bet despite their polishing, there WILL be problems at first, and they will continue coming and Anet will just have to sort them out then and there...I bet there will be a flood of tears the first weeks about the game not running on slower comps (or faster ones..I'm seriously worried) and other issues, but that's MMORPG for ya!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever i need time to buy me and my brother a new graphics card/powersupply

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know ... it's too much imo. I was super excited for like 1 year (I know there are people that wait for 5 years) and now I am starting to lose my interest in game. I know that I will buy it regardless but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta isnt release. Worst comes worst they put a beta with bugs, and last i heard beta are there to fix bugs.

Don't mind the delay too much. But I am not looking to GW2 as a replacement for any current MMO I am playing either. Which softens the blow a fair bit. When GW2 does come out, it'll be one of those games I play alongside Rift or SWTOR just as I will Diablo 3.

Deleted
    The waiting is just horrible and getting worse each day.. Anyone knows when/how to get in open beta?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    The waiting is just horrible and getting worse each day.. Anyone knows when/how to get in open beta?
    Kill somebody... At least I hope it's that easy.
    People complaining about arena queues? Oh, my sweet summer child. What do you know of waiting? Waiting is for the dungeon finder, where the average time is 25 minutes and children are born and live and die all before they find a fucking tank.

I'm going to be busy for quite awhile anyway, so I hope they might push the release back to 2013ish when more time is available.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think Blizz started working on MoP back in BC. They wanted to work the Pandaren into the game since then, so I think conceptually speaking it has had its roots for a long while.

The Pandaren are also extremely popular at Blizz, so I believe that they started working on stuff here and there as early as end of Wrath, so the fact that they had so much to show at Blizzcon and what not makes me think the expansion will probably be ready for Beta in late December or around the end of February.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I honestly think Blizz started working on MoP back in BC. They wanted to work the Pandaren into the game since then, so I think conceptually speaking it has had its roots for a long while.

The Pandaren are also extremely popular at Blizz, so I believe that they started working on stuff here and there as early as end of Wrath, so the fact that they had so much to show at Blizzcon and what not makes me think the expansion will probably be ready for Beta in late December or around the end of February.
    Do you have any idea of what thread you're posting in?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account

/sigh. Did you even both to read the thread? Or even the thread title?

Wow forum is that way --->

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

+1 for paying attention.

Yay for mindless front pagers.

I've noticed that not reading the first post/looking at which forum they're in is becoming a very popular trend.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny and interesting that some people think that taking too long to release the game will make people lose interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    I find it funny and interesting that some people think that taking too long to release the game will make people lose interest.
    If anything, I think pushing back release would get all of the people who are fed up and not too bothered in regards to Gw2 overly stuck into SW;ToR by then. Worst case scenario, the community benefits more the later it releases. (ie. WoW players moving to star wars, not too many left over to hang on for Gw2)

Just an observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people complaining about having to wait having been waiting long at all.

People that have been waiting 3 years are all "meh delay"
    People that have been waiting 3 months are all "omfg this is fucking bullshit so fucking sick of waiting".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Most of the people complaining about having to wait having been waiting long at all.

People that have been waiting 3 years are all "meh delay"
    People that have been waiting 3 months are all "omfg this is fucking bullshit so fucking sick of waiting".
    Yea but that goes for hype, I bet there's a much lower number of people who have been waiting all those years than the new hyped up people. The ones used to the wait will keep on waiting and surely buy the game. Hyped up people keep on going for a while and might lose interest if they get to wait too long and hypes over something else or roll something else.
    That's why I'm thinking, perhaps they have given us too much information if they don't intend to release it quite "soon". Holding on to information instead of giving it to the public delay the hype stream and also makes them able to more easily also delay development and release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't understand why people are getting bent outta shape if they don't go into beta this year or not. I mean 2012 is just one month and couple weeks away so if they choose to do it early next year I don't see it messing with the unconfirmed release date.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

As much as I'd like Guild Wars 2 as soon as possible, they're making it entirely too hard to not respect and love them for polishing every little detail possible. Far too many games have left a bad taste in my mouth after the developers have released them seemingly incomplete. That said, if the ultimate release is delayed anywhere beyond 2012, people will lose interest. There has to be a release schedule set. In my opinion, if they go any later than Q3 without a release, things might begin to look a bit grim. I have faith, though.