Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

OMG a Diablo 3 killer already??

youtube.com/watch?v=sCdbdsFgNGI

lol not a Diablo killer im a huge Diablo fan but I got into the MMO scene back in 2003 because of Lineage 2 so I was really looking for Lineage 3, to my surprise they went back to the Lineage 1 formula (it was a Diablo 1 competitor) instead of staying with the Lineage 2 formula.

Anywayz, since you guys like games like Diablo I was thinking you would like to see and maybe follow this game.. it just got shown so it probably wont be out for at least 2 years, but it looks promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the name of the thread.

OT:
    Looks pretty good, should be some nice competition, though if you say 2 years, then I guess it'll be a little late to the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game looks amazing but as you can see from that trailer it's suffering form huge FPS issues, and it seems to aim at high end computers so that will exclude a fast majority of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks really awesome. Will deffo try it when its out

Deleted
    OMG a Diablo 3 clone already??

<<Fixed>>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    OMG a Diablo 3 clone already??

<<Fixed>>
    OMG coffee is a tea clone!

Quote Originally Posted by zabimaru View Post
    OMG coffee is a tea clone!
    OMG clone is a copy clone!
    This is fun.

How do you kill that which has not yet lived?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShinyOne View Post
    How do you kill that which has not yet lived?
    Abortion!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting. Might be worth of trying if it ever gets released in EU. Probably doesn't match Diablo's level but if it's well made copy it's still worth the playtrough.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    Whilst it looks lovely it's not going to kill Diablo, let's remember for a second that Diablo is on of the most eagerly anticipated titles of recent memory, it's gonna take more than a pretty clone to kill it

I was expecting some sort of trolling due to the thread being named d3 killer. And I was about to stop watching the vid after I saw the asian theme. But, it does look pretty darn good. Gonna follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Abortion!!
    Too predictable. Next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

15+ Year Old Account
    A Diablo III killer? I doubt it. But it does look very good indeed - very interesting and nice diversity. Imo, 3 classes is a bit too few, and it does look like if could have major fps issues when many enemies are on the screen, as Cairhiin points out.

On my wish list, Diablo III is still first, followed by Lineage Eternal and Torchlight 2, when we talk about this genre of games.
    <Stasis>, Ravencrest EU

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    archers uses ammo, must replace the quiver when empty

even wow fixed that crap

Deleted
    Is their any real reason why you can by diablo 2 and starcraft.. but not diablo 1? or am I just blind on the store.

Oh, I was expecting it to link to another Dungeon Siege game.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

You may try saying 'competitor', but how come is that a 'killer'? It ain't better in any way.

It has a major drawback by being published by NCSoft. It looks good, and I would love to try it out, but I really doubt that those who would play D3 specifically would give it up for some Lineage game.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks alright

10+ Year Old Account
    NCSoft suck at making blizzard-wanna be games - Just look at Aion... It was like the Titanic

Looks nice, but well its not Diablo... Also DIII is not a MMO game.