Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    y'know i wonder how much of this and the blizzard north shutdown etc is in their new "stay awhile and listen" story of blizzard book...
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

woah 3 whole devs from WOW? QUALITY!

Hehe. I worked on WOW, buy my game too!

you don't have to buy this game its free.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Someone should write a "looking back" article on that one. Where were the people crying about Paladin nerfs when they were running around dominating anything and everything except DKs in season five?
    3 month out of 7 years is nothing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    3 month out of 7 years is nothing..
    Except for the fact that they were more overpowered in those three months than they were underpowered for all the time before. And if you're trying to imply Paladins are weak right now... heh.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Video makes it look like they are pretty far along in development and closed beta is already going. Should be worth a look at release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Graphics felt a bit awkward. I felt like I was watching close-up dune 2000. Gameplay seemed promising though. Will definitely check it out.

Edit: Watched few more gameplay videos. The world looks amazing. Combat seems very interesting too. If what I see is what I'm gonna get for free then it can be the first MMOFPS that gets me hooked.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-11-12 at 09:38 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Graphics felt a bit awkward. I felt like I was watching close-up dune 2000. Gameplay seemed promising though. Will definitely check it out.

Edit: Watched few more gameplay videos. The world looks amazing. Combat seems very interesting too. If what I see is what I'm gonna get for free then it can be the first MMOFPS that gets me hooked.
    There'll be no reason NOT to try it if it's free, but I detest the character design. Gameplay could be interesting, looks a bit like Global Agenda meets Borderlands. But with that disgusting art direction, I dunno if I could stick with it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

how you look seems to reflect a major part in how you choose a class and upgrade its abilities.
    players buy and wear battleframes that give certain abilities and be upgraded and altered.

specific battle frames virtually reflect class choices while other choices related to frames are more preferential or situational (jetpack Vs glider wings for example)

i kinda like this approach as its a very good baseline explanation for being able to have upgradeable "powers" plus one would assume if you want to "switch class" you just buy a new battleframe. i get the feeling battleframes will not be worn all the time however and there will likely be social areas (kinda like in APB). i would certainly do that as avatar customization is one of the best things to have in a f2p games shop because it has no real effect on gameplay and sells well.

personally i like the cell shaded art direction and it does have certain technical and potential market penetration advantages in just the same way wows and swtors "cartoon-y" style does.

in a competitive shooter environment one things you want more than anything else is for it to run super smoothly and respond lightning fast to your twitches. fancy graphics have always been the enemy of this to the point many competitive on-line FPS players have historically played with everything tuned down as low as possible. with that in mind if the art direction actually reduces the technical overhead (and those "hang on til i render this particularly interesting objet d'art" moments) then imo that's probably actually a good thing.

the devs have made it clear in interview that this game was constructed first and foremost as fully competent competitive FPS and then extended outwards into more MMO like coding territory from that solid core re-examining every existing MMO convention as they went. i like this approach as many FPS MMOs constructed primarily inline with MMO norms ("its an MMO ok ? but with shooting !") fail badly when it comes down to the FPS combat bit (ima lookin' at you Fallen Earth) and indeed that is view shared by the Firefall devs.

...also i like the music :P
    Last edited by sleekit; 2011-11-12 at 02:23 PM.

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account
    this is titan ??

Except for the fact that they were more overpowered in those three months than they were underpowered for all the time before. And if you're trying to imply Paladins are weak right now... heh.
    Wait, you are trying to imply they aren't weak...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    Wait, you are trying to imply they aren't weak...heh.
    Ret and Holy are average, with Holy being higher than Ret in PvP. I don't ever hear anything about Prot PvP, which is probably a bad sign, but in PvE, they're above average in 4.2, slightly lower in 4.3.

Ret's PvE DPS is underwhelming and random in 4.2., theoretically less so in 4.3. Holy is as good a tank healer as always but can still hardly raid heal.

So yeah, they're overall probably 5 or 6th, like every class should be.

OT: I've always wanted an FPS mmo to work better than what they have so far, but at the same time, its community problems are a lot more impactful if the whole game requires teamwork. I'm wary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, it's Command and Conquer, where Tiberium (oh, wait, Crystite) conquers planets...

and the whole WoW developers story, be serious people... none of us have any clue what happened and who did what, stop acting like damn wall street protesters who can only cry "THEY ARE BAD" when they don't even know who 'they' are or what 'bad' means...

So the game entered closed beta in September, has there been any info since then? Perhaps a time frame for open beta?

MMOFPS, that's also f2p, sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zif View Post
    Video makes it look like they are pretty far along in development and closed beta is already going. Should be worth a look at release.
    This game looks like a truckload of fun to me, but their stance on a release date is somewhat odd. Along the lines of "there isn't a release date, the game will stay in beta until one day it drops the beta tag". I guess it being free doesn't leave much room for complaining

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This game looks like a truckload of fun to me, but their stance on a release date is somewhat odd. Along the lines of "there isn't a release date, the game will stay in beta until one day it drops the beta tag". I guess it being free doesn't leave much room for complaining
    I support their stance on a release date. They want to make sure they iron out as many bugs as possible and get as much feedback and information as possible so that they can release the best possible game. Not enough games have the balls or financial backing to do this and get released early, to their detriment.

Am I the only person who thinks the logo is a total ripoff of SC2?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    LoL is actually a great example of people NOT working fine in teams when forced to.
    I like how you took his two examples and mushed them together. Did you really not understand what he was saying or were you trying to be funny?

Damn dude, that's a good one. Wait. You were serious? Oh, wow.
    You can't see how successful LoL is? Trolls must be out in droves tonight.

On Topic - If this turns out to be even 1/2 of what I hope it to be I will be happy. I just hope the aiming and bullet animations are done right. Too many FPS fail at that.

Deleted
    Ive been looking forward to this since they announced it looks realy fun hoping for a beta key but with my luck that will never happen >.>

Thank you for posting this. It looks like it might be an interesting game.

I hope it doesn't turn into the camping garbage that I see in too many shooters.