Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think it's around 1.5/2 million pre-orders till release date, but... they still haven't started with commercials and stuff like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Now the big questions are. Have BW created a long lasting game that will keep that launch number staying? And will they be able to make it grow by releasing frequent patches of a high enough quality? Only time can tell, but I pray that it will
    I think they have. Like I said previous, it is no WoW killer, but I do think that it will be a serious contender (much more so than Rift... the less said about that game the better though). I reckon it'll be popular and around for a while.

Even if it did launch at 4-5 million, I think it will drop pretty fast because a lot of the pre orders will be these star wars addict creep people and for people like that, the game will never be good enough (despite the fact it is awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    I think they have. Like I said previous, it is no WoW killer, but I do think that it will be a serious contender (much more so than Rift... the less said about that game the better though). I reckon it'll be popular and around for a while.

Even if it did launch at 4-5 million, I think it will drop pretty fast because a lot of the pre orders will be these star wars addict creep people and for people like that, the game will never be good enough (despite the fact it is awesome).
    Well I'm glad you also liked the bit of testing you have done. I'm up for testing it myself next weekend. So I'll be able to judge it myself. And yea, there will most likely be the die hard old school SW fans that will go on a pitchfork rampage because it's not good enough for their standards (this is NOT meant negatively as I do respect peoples opinions).
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-11-12 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I never said anything about that. I gave the numbers available and didn't include any guesses.

If you want a guess though, I guess this game hits 3-4 million at the 1 year mark an continues to rise.
    Hmm now i dont think so. Four unique classes, limited options for PvP, gimmicky voiced quests etc. It doesnt take a genius to realize that this game really has nothing other than the Star Wars name and the company Bioware going for it. To people who dont absolutely LOVE star wars this game will fly right over their head, to those that absolutely LOVE star wars its a no brainer so-to-say.

Sorry if i bring a negative attitude into these forums but i do so for my own personal reasons. When i learned about SWTOR i was extremely excited, as time passed and i read and watched beta videos i completely lost interest. Everything looks the same, there is nothing new other than voiced quests and a sci-fi setting.
    Last edited by matters; 2011-11-13 at 01:09 AM.

already pre ordered, just waiting on release. <3 the hole personal story really gets you into the game.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-13 at 01:13 AM.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

I might pick it up to have for christmas. Thing is, my impression of the player base. Don't kill me here but I think the majority of folks are going to be overly pedantic with the lore more so then with wow and that is kinda a turn off.

Edit: I'm not a G.L fan these days (think he personally ruined his franchise) , and wish they would have taken the game out of "his time line", and maybe into the expanded universe after return of the jedi... lol
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-13 at 02:49 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

All going to depend on what they decide the monthly fee to be. I know alot of people that were planning on playing it that decided to cancel their reserve when they said they were going to do a fee. Since then they may have released a fee but I don't follow the game, I just see it as another "wow killer", but i'm not sure. I know that a sub fee will deter people as it always does so it will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    All going to depend on what they decide the monthly fee to be. I know alot of people that were planning on playing it that decided to cancel their reserve when they said they were going to do a fee. Since then they may have released a fee but I don't follow the game, I just see it as another "wow killer", but i'm not sure. I know that a sub fee will deter people as it always does so it will be interesting.
    Do you think with the economic issues we have been having, that it would be a poor move to make a monthly fee? More people are staying home due to money issues, would that also play into how they chose to reap money form it? Just wondering your opinion.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Hmm now i dont think so. Four unique classes, limited options for PvP, gimmicky voiced quests etc. It doesnt take a genius to realize that this game really has nothing other than the Star Wars name and the company Bioware going for it. To people who dont absolutely LOVE star wars this game will fly right over their head, to those that absolutely LOVE star wars its a no brainer so-to-say.

Sorry if i bring a negative attitude into these forums but i do so for my own personal reasons. When i learned about SWTOR i was extremely excited, as time passed and i read and watched beta videos i completely lost interest. Everything looks the same, there is nothing new other than voiced quests and a sci-fi setting.
    I would like to point out that there is actually eight unique classes and not four. When you choose your advanced class your effectively selecting your class, the initial phase is sort of an introduction.
    When you say limited options in PvP are you simply discussing the lack of arena?

I love double standards

Well it is pretty easy to see that you dislike WoW, so my question is why are you on these forums to begin with? Just keep waiting for what ever game you think will 'kill' WoW instead of spreading nothing but hate on the forums.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post14193876

Just replace WoW with SWTOR and that's what you're doing Matters. Why are you here if you don't like the game? Maybe if you lost all interest it's time to move on. You don't have to downplay or be negative about the game just because it will be a competitor to WoW. Most people don't want a WoW killer they just want to play a different game. Trolls is right though this game could rise and it wouldn't even have to "kill" your precious WoW to do so, Bioware is pretty much in the same position that Blizzard was first in when they started WoW.

Blizzard had a built in fan base due to the popularity of their past games, Bioware also has this. Blizzard built WoW on the franchise of Warcraft which also had it's own following, Bioware has also done this with Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Then there is just the Star Wars fan base alone that might jump into this game.

I think our chosen games can thrive in coexistence without us trying to pull the my game is better than your game trash.

10+ Year Old Account

The four "classes" you choose are more like archetypes than classes. The advanced classes play extremely different from each other. Sith inquisitor sorceror will play far more differently than that of a sith inquisitor assassin. Limited pvp? I don't see how three warzones, rated warzones, and an entire planet devoted to world pvp is limited.

Someone beat me to it before I completed my response, damn.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-11-13 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Do you think with the economic issues we have been having, that it would be a poor move to make a monthly fee? More people are staying home due to money issues, would that also play into how they chose to reap money form it? Just wondering your opinion.
    No matter how you want to slice it its a game which is a form of entertainment. This means its considered disposable income no matter how much you may want to argue its not.

The important part is this which most people promise won't think about.
    If you look at the different forms of entertainment that are commonly used a few things will come up. You can either go out or stay in. Staying in usually is far less cheaper ex. Movie ticket around here 14 bucks, wow sub per month 15. Average movie time, I'm going to be generous, 3 Hours. Compared to average wow time, even though it depends on the person, we will say 1 hour per day or 30 hours.

Movie
    $14 / 3hours = Roughly $4.66 an hour
    Wow
    $15 / 30 hours = $0.50 an hour. Also to me noted the more you play the more that goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    I'm happy to say, SW:TOR has convinced me.

Gonna pre order the game later today ^^
    Same, minus the pre order deal as I'm sure I could walk into Wal-mart that day and pick up my copy without any issues. The only problem I have with the game right now is 1.) I only get to play till tomorrow at midnight and 2.) The damn queues caused by reason one. :P
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-13 at 02:59 PM.

I am really excited for MoP and Diablo III. I hated Cataclysm for the most part, but things seem to be turning around a little bit. I signed up for the 1 year contract (no biggie) so I am definitely staying with WoW and Diablo III.

But... I have played this game (Conventions)... hands down the most amazing game I have played in a long, long time. I just feel like I am my character. I can really customize him so that he doesn't look like the paper dolls of WoW. What's better... I can be a Jedi that flirts with the dark side... or even cooler... a Sith that struggles to find the light. I WILL be playing SW:TOR day one... and it may become my go to MMO with WOW being just something that I do from time to time.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-13 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I forsee alot more than just 2 million at the start. There are alot of people who simply just don't pre order a game, so we just have to wait and see.
    And there are those who want to buy it but can't.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    It depends initially, I play MMOs for the social aspect and to duo leveling and any other fun stuff with my GF.

I worry SWToR will not be very social, as I keep hearing about leveling feeling like a single player game. Can any beta testers please shine a little light on this process? I highly doubt something a simple as grouping or if it's a social game are covered by the NDA.
    You don't need to worry. It's more group friendly than WoW in it's current incarnation. By miles. You will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them both thrive. As they'll learn from each other and build off what each other does. Obviously they will have their own feel to the game.

I like both games. TOR felt good to play, like the first time I picked up AC:B. I wanted more, too bad that it isn't the full game we play right now. Or even with full server strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    This does not mean it will retain its ~2m subscriptions for more than a year. Only time will tell with new games like swtor, sure there is always an initial hype, but how long will the players remain loyal to the game?
    I have to completely agree with you. I know ill be playing swtor and wow but only time will tell whether or not Ill be staying with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    It depends initially, I play MMOs for the social aspect and to duo leveling and any other fun stuff with my GF.

I worry SWToR will not be very social, as I keep hearing about leveling feeling like a single player game. Can any beta testers please shine a little light on this process? I highly doubt something a simple as grouping or if it's a social game are covered by the NDA.
    This is very relevant to your interests about social interaction within SWTOR. Please read the whole thing. http://www.curse.com/news/star-wars-...-old-republics

The fact is you can play SWTOR like a single player game, but there are many opportunities for multiplayer, sometimes the multiplayer might not be in your face so you might have to go looking for it as the article linked above seems to suggest.

from what i see,this is my wow killer.Just canceled my sub of wow and i aint going back.This piece of art that bioware did,swtor,cant be supassed by blizz(storytelling wize)you are your toon period.the choices you do,the things you say is you.You realy feel and think that the toon you play is like a extention of yourself.And men i never wanted to kill a quest giver like that (try the inquisidor class and lvl him up to the sith academy and you will see what i mean lol)i love the combat mechanics of the game and it is imo way pass what blizz can do with his outdated crappy(today but was good 10 years ago)wc3 engine.this game is a 9.5/10 for me.but i would like to thx blizz for the past 20 years of good games that i bought and enjoyed but this aint the rockandroll racing era (snes)WoW is dead .. long live swtor

Ps:sorry about my grammar mistakes english aint my first language
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-13 at 03:00 PM.