Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was in the weekend beta invite at one stage. so stupid to only let people test for a a few days. hopefully they will re-invite everyone and give us more time on it. spent a whole day just downloading the bloody thing last time around.

I'm interested in seeing how it plays out, even for a couple days. However, I didn't get an invite. Been signed up for more than a year, beta profile being complete and all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    I disagree, I'm also irked like Sentinel because I registered almost as soon as swtor was announced too and just finally got invited...the 2-3 day testing peroid is also kinda lame, and now combined with the maintenance (despite the fact my email said I can play at 5:00pm CST), just kinda annoying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    2: Only 2 days to test? I've played a lot of games where the leveling up process is horrid but end-game is good (Think: Rift. I always hear how awesome level 50 is, but I can never get there because of how horrid 1-49 is) I'll probably be so underwhelmed by the time I'm kicked out that I doubt I'll build up any good experiences.
    You are not invited to test the game for your benefit. You are invited to test it for Bioware's benefit. That is the point of Betas that everyone always seems to forget.

The fact that you also get some enjoyment out of it is your payment for helping them test their game.

NB: this weekend is a stress test. The whole point is not to see how far you can level but to see how their engine handles a ton of people all trying to do the same thing at the same time.

--

A few tips on the beta;

Firstly, if you hear of beta invites in your country, check your email. Didn't get one? Go log in anyway and check your account. What is apparent about this weekend is that many that were invited didn't get their emails or got them later than others.

Secondly, if you're in, as soon as your account gets upgraded go read the testing forum. There are a ton of experience reports regarding how the patching process works (or doesn't in some cases). Am guessing can't say too much cos of the NDA but the above should be ok and enough to make sure you don't fall foul of issues like I did.

I am so happy now, thank you Bioware, i love more than i already did for making such an awesome MMO and inviting me to test it, wohoo!

Hehe I guess that was the only possible way that even I could get a beta invite to anything. ^^
    Glad I'm registered some time ago, atleast now I can check out myself what all the hype is about.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the email as well. I can't WAIT to try this out!
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can assure you that I won't be getting any e-mails, trust me. My luck is that horrid, 7-8 years of playing games online, and I've never participated in any Betas. So you can't really say "Everyone". Because I'm sure others have crap luck like mine.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-11-12 at 01:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So how does this go, ive got a beta message, but no links or whatever.

Will i get another email soon with the invite/links or something? ...
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zushakon View Post
    So how does this go, ive got a beta message, but no links or whatever.

Will i get another email soon with the invite/links or something? ...
    Yes, in the next weeks you'll get another email. The beta weekend is probably the 26/27 November.

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I can assure you that I won't be getting any e-mails, trust me. My luck is that horrid, 7-8 years of playing games online, and I've never participated in any Betas. So you can't really say "Everyone". Because I'm sure others have crap luck like mine.
    If you signed up to beta testing before November 11, yes you will. Just be patient.

It's good to know that Bioware didn't forget about those of us who've never got an invite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by pltr View Post
    been registered on their web site for more than a year, got the game preordered and no invite, so not true
    Not true for you maybe, but I'm going to various fansites and many people are saying they got the email yesterday. If people
    Last edited by Zarasthura; 2011-11-12 at 02:41 PM.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Dont get your expectation to high for this game :S

Don't poke your head into a forum to make snide comments.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-12 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Dont get your expectation to high for this game :S
    It is high because I know it lives up to my expectations.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got invited for a future beta test, will be interesting :>
    Last edited by Algore; 2011-11-12 at 02:58 PM.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Got it.

Now I'm a happy panda ;>

Deleted
    Got mine too. will be an awesome game.

what are you going to do?i think i will check the classes to pick the right main class at launch.

Still haven't got mine yet! Bah humbug.

sigh i was all excited to get my beta after hearing this, went on the site and it said "beta sign up incomplete!" as my fucking postcode was missing for some reason even though it says under my account name it is there.

so i am guessing since i only just fixed it up then that this will count as not signing up for beta before november the 11th, even though its been signed up since 22 march.

what the fucking fuck...

Going to be an interesting weekend with almost a million folks be able to test the game.

This just makes me incredibly confident in the actual release of the game, deal with the queue data and server numbers in beta so when the game launched everyones experience is awesome.

So far i have been impressed with BWs planning for the launch of this game as well as the reaction to players feedback.

Hopefully they can keep that up to make the game great going forward.

how big is the DL? wondering if its worth it for one weekend or test

edit: nvm, theres no email
    Last edited by asharia; 2011-11-13 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    I got this email about future testing too, even though I wasn't signed up for testing at the 11th (I think). I think I missed to fill in some of the required field.

So did they send out this mail to everyone? Even people who have not been signing up for the beta?
    Last edited by mmoc0db05ec4de; 2011-11-13 at 01:02 PM.