Looking to play GW2, I want to start GW but I want to know what is mandatory

I am looking to at least give myself some points on the Hall of Monuments. If I understand correctly, I only need to get GW and Eye of the North? What do I have to buy for GW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

Yes you only need Eye of the North to start unlocking items for your Hall of Monuments. However there is only so many points you can unlock before needing the other campaigns to expand your point total.

10+ Year Old Account
    GWEN is an expansion unlike the other games, you actually need one of the other 3 games to play eye of the north

id recommend nightfall or prophecies (the original guild wars) and then get eye of the north
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    I actually found it cheaper to get the trilogy box (prophecies, factions and nightfall) than just one part on its own. Getting all 3 will definitely make it easier for you to get 30 points in the HoM if you're interested.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcrae View Post
    I actually found it cheaper to get the trilogy box (prophecies, factions and nightfall) than just one part on its own. Getting all 3 will definitely make it easier for you to get 30 points in the HoM if you're interested.
    Pretty much this is a good idea. The triology is very cheap (20$). It is suggested you start with Nightfall as it is a lot more new user friendly and you get access to heroes from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcrae View Post
    Agreed,thats what I bought.Guild Wars Trilogy and Guild Wars Eye of the North.I completed Prophecies first.If you want heroes play Nightfall first.Then I moved on to Eye of the North.
    Another great thing is ArenaNet has been releasing new content called Guild Wars Beyond which sets the stage for Guild Wars 2 by focusing on legendary characters and crucial events in the Guild Wars storyline.
    Three chapters in the Guild Wars Beyond campaign have been release so far and they are free.
    http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/

War in Kryta

Hearts of the North

Winds of Change
    "Chaos boils in my veins."