Thread: Farewell WoW

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Farewell WoW

I played all weekend on the beta test and I am so hooked I literally pouted when the beta was over. I'm a years-long avid WoW player who planned to play both games or at least keep both accounts active. Not anymore. Pandas opened the door, TOR pushed me out. Anyone else decide to give WoW the official heave-ho after this past weekend?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolentmuse View Post
    I played all weekend on the beta test and I am so hooked I literally pouted when the beta was over. I'm a years-long avid WoW player who planned to play both games or at least keep both accounts active. Not anymore. Pandas opened the door, TOR pushed me out. Anyone else decide to give WoW the official heave-ho after this past weekend?
    I had already gave wow the heave ho as you put it. I knew I made the right choice after playing the beta. It was SOOOO much fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this way when RIFT came out. Quit WoW, played RIFT, thought it was awesome until a few levels before level cap... then went back to WoW. I played the TOR beta this weekend, and it was admittingly fun and a decent change from WoW. I'm playing my cards better though before I blow a load of cash on a CE and x amount of months in advance again... maybe just get the reg version and see how it goes.

Edit: I'd probably keep playing WoW either way. MoP looks fun and I'm sure a lot of my friends will play again.

Quote Originally Posted by etubrutei View Post
    um not to be a jerk or troll or anything but who cares in reality no one will miss you when you leave ps you will be back in 5 months
    As declining sub numbers indicate, this fail argument truly is fail.

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I thought this way when RIFT came out. Quit WoW, played RIFT, thought it was awesome until a few levels before level cap... then went back to WoW. I played the TOR beta this weekend, and it was admittingly fun and a decent change from WoW. I'm playing my cards better though before I blow a load of cash on a CE and x amount of months in advance again... maybe just get the reg version and see how it goes.
    Lol yeah, that's reasonable. No reason to go balls to the wall on a new game. Just play and if it's fun, continue playing. Dunno why so many people have to go all or nothing.

um not to be a jerk or troll or anything but who cares in reality no one will miss you when you leave ps you will be back in 5 months
    umm not to be a jerk or troll but why bother posting if you have no relevant thoughts or care for posting in a thread abut something you dont care about.

um not to be a jerk
    LOL...

"Not to be a jerk, but I am gonna say something that only a fucking jerk would say, I am just telling you so you dont think I am a jerk too."

Beta looked cool, I did not try it myself I am saving the experience for the release... good to hear more positive feedback.

I will never get why people like you feel the need to turn such things into a pissing match. You're happy on WoW. Good for you. So was I for a very long time. I also didn't feel the need to defend WoW to people who left or didn't like it as though their opinions threatened my manhood or something. Seriously, dude, get over yourself. It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 10:55 PM ----------

Lol yeah, that's reasonable. No reason to go balls to the wall on a new game. Just play and if it's fun, continue playing. Dunno why so many people have to go all or nothing.
    Not to agree with a blatant flaming troll, but how is his "argument" fail? As dickish as it sounds, he won't be missed. Just like all the other naysayers of any MMO won't be missed by the people who leave it to go to another. And a good chunk of people get the "grass is greener" mindset about other MMOs, then come back to whichever one they switched from. I'm not saying any of this as a WoW-centric argument. I've known people who played Eve Online or City of Heroes or FFXI who did the same thing, only to return to their original MMO once the "shiny" aspect wore off of the new shit.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Deleted
    I've been confused by this as well and like I told my WoW friends, it's not like my WoW toons will just up and be gone forever with my account locked. If SWTOR doesn't end up being as great as I think it will it's not like I can't come back to WoW and pick right up where I left off.

WoW will always have a place for you. I'm sure of that.

Will we? I know I won't, left a month ago and haven't missed it and not expecting that to change in four months time especially with SWTOR releasing soon to occupy me for the rest of that duration.

Deleted
    I have a feeling you and a lot of people like you might be back. I know what you mean by Panda's WTF and the pokemon type pet battles...

BUT you haven't seen anything yet, for all you know it will be the best thing ever!... I certainly plan on playing both as I do have high hopes for WoW still, besides, switching back and forth will keep my interest in both fueled... haven't played wow in a good 6 weeks now due to having a feeling of burnout... hope to prevent that by having 2 games to choose from...

Quote Originally Posted by RatFanatic View Post
    WoW will always have a place for you. I'm sure of that.
    No kidding. I turned chat off completely in WoW because of all the idiots on Trade and General. Not once did I see the same time of idiotic behavior during the Beta and I played on multiple servers and different classes There is no way Bioware just happened to be that lucky.

Not to be a jerk or troll or anything, but it's always fun when people whose post histories are full of one-sentence posts come write more pointless one-sentence posts. Tbh that post wasn't a real sentence either since you didn't start with a capital letter or use punctuation, but lets forgo that for argument's sake.

I only got to watch a stream last saturday of a guy playing a jedi knight 1-11 and doing the first flashpoint on both ls and ds, but I have to say: it was so much fun, I actually watched him level a charachter in an mmo for ~8 hours. When's the last time anyone wanted to do that?

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Yeah, at the rate they're declining, WoW could be dead in another decade or so.

Just remember: you can only play one game. Playing two games is like crossing the streams and ultimately leads to the destruction of the universe.

Exactly, I've "quit" twice already, going on my third hehe.. ^_^!

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 09:05 PM ----------

lol... XD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Not to agree with a blatant flaming troll, but how is his "argument" fail? As dickish as it sounds, he won't be missed. Just like all the other naysayers of any MMO won't be missed by the people who leave it to go to another. And a good chunk of people get the "grass is greener" mindset about other MMOs, then come back to whichever one they switched from. I'm not saying any of this as a WoW-centric argument. I've known people who played Eve Online or City of Heroes or FFXI who did the same thing, only to return to their original MMO once the "shiny" aspect wore off of the new shit.
    This is exactly how I felt about RIFT... that and the grind to level cap was HORRENDOUS (even though I dropped before I reached it, 46/50). Felt like 1-60 in Vanilla, if not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by onlyindweebs View Post
    Just remember: you can only play one game. Playing two games is like crossing the streams and ultimately leads to the destruction of the universe.
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I have a baby coming in January. I don't have time (nor will I have the money) for two MMOs. Sometimes there's a backstory to why someone does something.

I also played the beta and found the LEVELING experience to be far superior to what is on WoW currently. That isn't to say that I will leave WoW, because the leveling process and experience, is about 10% of what I enjoy about an MMO. I still have to see what the endgame PVE and PVP content is like, this is were WoW has excelled (has ups and downs, but far exceeds any current MMO in this department).

I will play SWTOR, and if it does indeed prove to have epic endgame content, then stick with it and may or may not leave WoW. If it is just a kewl story with awesome open ended questing, good voice acting and the such, there won't be a big loss to me, because at least I had fun leveling in a new game, and I can go back to awesome raiding and PVP with WoW
    I like fat chickens and I don't know why; Charbroiled on a spit, or fried; When a Boom walks in with a big fat waist; Stripped down and ready to baste; You get HUNGry; Hope the meat ain't tough; Cause you noticed that the bird is stuffed; Deep in the pan he's stewin; I'm hooked and I can't stop droolin; Oh Baby, I wanna get with ya; And fix you fo dinna; Weight Watchers is just starvin; But that butt you got; Was made for carvin...!