Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Light saber weapon types

Now that NDA has been lifted, maybe someone can relate some info on this. I'm wondering if every lightsaber in the game will just be a glowing light of a certain color, or if they will take some license with the form lightsabers take. for instance most games have many different weapon models for every type, usually looking progressively cooler the more high level they are, or at least the higher end content the bosses are from. Will we start to see lightsabers with more interesting glow effects, maybe taking the form of other weapons, being more complex in their design, etc?

I personally would hate to be playing this game in 3 years, still using the same weapon i got at level 9

Deleted
    You can craft new Color Crystals for your Lightsaber

Oh I know that, but ultimately there are only so many colors, and even different colors of the same glowing stick is pretty limiting, i was referring to much more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to think there's a cooler weapon design than a lightsaber.

Once you reach max level, you stop leveling.

What exactly are you expecting? Lighthammers? Lightaxes?
    Last edited by Kakokun; 2011-11-18 at 07:48 PM.

Well, considering in the entirety of the Star Wars IP, the only variation in lightsaber design, structurally, is single or double bladed, I don't think you are going to see any variety other than that... and color.

I have only seen light sabers that look like the traditional light saber (not sure what you mean by looking like other weapons) - but there are different hilts in the game.

Yeah I know there is no precedent for it, which is why i mentioned taking some license with it, but yeah, axes, hammers, whatever they come up with. i mean it's not any more far-fetched than a saber

You also get different hilts. If you are asking for lightsaber axes and lava color crystals and silly things like that, well, I have not seen them and hope they don't get added. They do have cool looking normal melee weapons, but chances are those will not be common place for force users to use (although you can equip them fine).

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP is speaking from a purely aesthetic perspective look up pso to see what he's trying to say,I do agree with him however.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by torftw View Post
    You also get different hilts. If you are asking for lightsaber axes and lava color crystals and silly things like that, well, I have not seen them and hope they don't get added. They do have cool looking normal melee weapons, but chances are those will not be common place for force users to use (although you can equip them fine).
    Same, I'd like to keep the classic Star Wars feel with lightsabers.

Lightclub

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Lightclub
    Essentially the opposite of the shoto, lightclubs were massively oversized lightsabers that projected overlong blades. They were almost universally wielded by individuals of overlarge stature to accommodate their size. An example of such a being is the mutated Gamorrean Dark Jedi; Gorc.

Githany wielding her lightwhip.
    Lightwhip

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Lightwhip
    Lightwhips were exotic variations on the typical lightsaber that saw only rare usage. Like a lightsaber, it emitted a coherent beam of energy, but instead of a straight meter-long blade, it was several meters in length and flexible. Most lightwhips were produced by emitters extended from the hilt. The energy field was then created around the solid emitters. Wielded in a whip-like manner, they were used to attack opponents at a range and provide an element of unpredictability in combat. However, they were significantly weaker than standard lightsabers, and their blades were ineffective defensively. Lightwhip wielders include Githany, Lumiya, Silri.

Lightfoil

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Lightfoil
    Lightfoils were small and elegant energy swords based upon lightsabers. They were popular among certain nobles of the Tapani sector, especially those that called themselves "saber rakes". Lightfoils were weaker than authentic lightsabers due to the poor quality focusing crystals used in their manufacture and the relatively low level of craftsmanship compared to Jedi artisans. They did not require any connection to the Force to create, and were fully usable by non-Force sensitives.

Underwater

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse
    While most lightsabers shorted out when the blade touches water, this blade was made to operate underwater due to two crystals employed in a bifurcating cyclical-ignition pulse.[2] Generally only Jedi from aquatic races would go to the trouble of constructing a waterproof saber, as only they had the mobility to use it effectively underwater. However, there were several other non-aquatic lightsaber-wielders who modified their weapons, so they were functional underwater.

The darksaber.
    Darksaber

Blue Glass Arrow.svg Main article: Darksaber (lightsaber)
    This ancient lightsaber had a unique black blade that was flattened and came to a point like a traditional sword, rather than the rounded beam of more standard lightsabers.

------

I think he meant things like this.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Yeah obviously just aesthetic, i dont mean that some classes would use lightaxes some would use lightpolearms, but yeah that list at least shows that there are other designs out there. id like to see them expand on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Well, considering in the entirety of the Star Wars IP, the only variation in lightsaber design, structurally, is single or double bladed, I don't think you are going to see any variety other than that... and color.
    there are many desings in terms of the hilt of the saber, for example the curved-hilt lightsaber (like the one count dooku uses).

Can you change that?

I'm glad to hear there are different hilts, but I'd be ecstatic if they added different saber types into the game. We don't need anything ridiculous like "lightsaber axes and hammers," but there are more than just your single-bladed a saber-staffs in the Star Wars universe.

Here are some examples:

- Wrist-Hilt Saber

- Fiber-cord Linked Saber

- Lightsaber Cane

There are also Forked Lightsabers, Light Rings, Lightsaber whips, etc.

There are different models for the hilt, but that's it.

One handed Lightsaber and Dual-handed Lightsaber is all you can get.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Lightsaber-chucks, yo! Even more dangerous than regular sword-chucks. I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    Lightsaber-chucks, yo! Even more dangerous than regular sword-chucks. I like swords.
    Welcome to Corneria!

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    What exactly are you expecting? Lighthammers? Lightaxes?
    Actually they have introduced lame ass light whips, so you never know.

Edit: ever have a whip go wild? Now imagine that with light saber qualites..
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-11-18 at 08:21 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

How about being able to tri-wield lightsabers with the force like the last boss in KOTOR2
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn