Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by denominator View Post
    Good! Awesome! Amazing!
    Look forward to it
    Gonna hire my friend as a cameraman. And I decided to get a Phantom instead of Hades so it's gonna be even sexier!

Case - Corsair Obsidian 800D
    PSU - Corsair HX-series 1050W
    OS - Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit
    MB - ASROCK Extreme6 Rev B3
    CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k
    RAM - 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz C8
    GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 SLI
    HDD - WD Caviar Green 1.5TB, 2x2TB

Monitor - Samsung SM P2250

Keyboard - Logitech xxx
    Mouse - Logitech MX518
    Pad - Qpad Large
    HeadSet - Logitech G930 Wireless
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Gonna hire my friend as a cameraman. And I decided to get a Phantom instead of Hades so it's gonna be even sexier!
    Gonna film building it, perhaps?

Anyway, the Phantom's quite nice looking, although it has some odd things. As an example I sincerely recommend installing the powersupply and routing cables (particularly 8pin) first. Regardless, which variant did you get?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Gonna film building it, perhaps?

Anyway, the Phantom's quite nice looking, although it has some odd things. As an example I sincerely recommend installing the powersupply and routing cables (particularly 8pin) first. Regardless, which variant did you get?
    White one. That's the best looking one in my opinion. Tho it was out of stock so I had to go to another store because I didn't want the black one! xD

And no. I'm not gonna be filming it, gonna take pictures. If I was to film it the only thing you would hear is Paul from Newegg telling me how to build it! x) It's my first build btw, moving up from a Macbook.

Sooo... I made a few changes

I've got two dead Noctua NF-P12s lying around that I'm going to gut and turn into shrouds for my two NF-P12 side fans. I'm also going to be ordering, some time soon, two more NF-P12 fans to replace the front 5.25" fan and the rear exhaust. Two Thermalright TY-140 fans take up the front intake and top intake. The 5.25" bay fan is actually in a Xigmatek 3-in-4 HDD cage, because I'm too lazy to jerry rig a fan in there - but it acts as a shroud, anyway, and helps focus the air into the NH-D14, so it works for me.

Yes, I like Noctua fans. The six year warranty made it a done-deal, IMO. Anyway, without further ado, the pics!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd replace your front, top and side Noctuas with CM Megaflows in a heartbeat and end it there! There is really no competition for 200mm's as far as cfm/noise goes, they can move a metric ton of air at extremely low RPM's. By not fully covering your fan grills with appropriately-sized fans you're creating big gaps that can disrupt the airflow/pressure.

I would've rotated the fans on your D14 (if that's possible) so the cables faced the bottom, not sprouted out the top.

You need some kind of a mesh/filter for that 5.25" bay fan to lower dust intake - my 5.25" covers were already meshed+filtered so I had no issues placing a 140mm behind them, but it appears the 650T has solid covers.

Overall a very tidy setup! Lol @ that funny-looking crossfire setup, I presume you bought the reference first and MSI later?

(As always I'll maintain that Noctua fans are an absolute eyesore and the company could literally DOUBLE their profits if they came out of their thick-headed shells and offered black/red/blue color schemes. I'm not exaggerating about the profit increase, they are seriously being super-stubborn with their colors at a massive cost just so that people can identify their ugly fans from a mile away and say "oh look, noctua fans!". The OCN community agrees, aesthetics are important when you blow thousands of $$ on your system! D14 is already a giant shapeless inelegant behemoth and the colors are NOT helping, I have a side window and the only thing stopping me from buying Noctua products is the color scheme...and the price I suppose...but mostly the color scheme.)
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-11-20 at 12:43 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    im kinda waiting for the x79 builds to start rolling in, unless everyone else had the same "out of stock" issues i had

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

(As always I'll maintain that Noctua fans are an absolute eyesore and the company could literally DOUBLE their profits if they came out of their thick-headed shells and offered black/red/blue color schemes. I'm not exaggerating about the profit increase, they are seriously being super-stubborn with their colors at a massive cost just so that people can identify their ugly fans from a mile away and say "oh look, noctua fans!". The OCN community agrees, aesthetics are important when you blow thousands of $$ on your system!)
    i'd agree with this, i'd pick up 20 of them right now if they weren't brown

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love that case so much Cantii. I can't wait until I pull the trigger and purchase mine.

(As always I'll maintain that Noctua fans are an absolute eyesore and the company could literally DOUBLE their profits if they came out of their thick-headed shells and offered black/red/blue color schemes. I'm not exaggerating about the profit increase, they are seriously being super-stubborn with their colors at a massive cost just so that people can identify their ugly fans from a mile away and say "oh look, noctua fans!". The OCN community agrees, aesthetics are important when you blow thousands of $$ on your system!)
    I agree on one notion.
    Aesthetics help.
    That's why I bought my NH-D14 in the first place.
    Their fans are beautiful, and easily the most pleasing, looks-wise, in the industry. Too bad they are loud and inefficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Their fans are beautiful, and easily the most pleasing, looks-wise, in the industry. Too bad they are loud and inefficient.
    Well that's a first o_O
    Most people see it the other way around, where the lack of aesthetics is made up by the fact that their fans are quiet and efficient. They're always harping on about their innovative designs and supreme performance while staying quiet.

But as always, aesthetics remain a personal thing (as is apparent with you :P) and that's why the OPTION of having more colors would've been an extremely smart (and obvious) decision Noctua should've made a while ago.

Well that's a first o_O
    Most people see it the other way around, where the lack of aesthetics is made up by the fact that their fans are quiet and efficient. They're always harping on about their innovative designs and supreme performance while staying quiet.
    Meh. They aren't exactly revolutionising at either 12v or 5v. Either noise nor performance-wise.
    Nor pricewise.
    But they ARE pretty. Warm creamy colours. Black/red/blue is quite... old.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    tetris I thought you were the one who couldn't stand for something to make any noise? O.o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    tetris I thought you were the one who couldn't stand for something to make any noise? O.o
    Yea. That's why I'm thinking of replacing my Noctua-fans.
    They aren't up to par. :P

And my Gentle Typhoons for the matter. But I've also thought about getting a whole new build. Based either on x79 (3930K), the next stepping/binning of x79, or until IB or IB-E. Or until Haswell. (Depends on how impatient I get)
    With the Fractal Design Arc-case instead, easily the best case I've worked with. And then going watercooling, and not caring how loud it is.

My set up

Enclosure Precision aluminum unibody
    Processor 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    L2 Cache 3MB shared
    System bus 1066MHz
    Memory 2GB (two 1GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB
    Hard drive1 160GB Serial ATA; 5400 rpm
    Slot-loading optical drive 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory2
    Video Built-in iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (requires adapters, sold separately)
    Display 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1280-by-800 resolution
    Expansion One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps), two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps), SD card slot
    Audio Built-in stereo speakers, built-in omnidirectional microphone, combined optical digital output/headphone out with selectable analog audio line in
    Networking Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T (Gigabit) Ethernet
    Wireless Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi (based on IEEE 802.11n draft specification)3 ; built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) module
    Hardware accessories 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, power cord
    Height 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
    Width 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
    Depth 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
    Weight 4.5 pounds (2.04 kg)4

Mouse: Razer Deathadder
    Mouse pad: Razer Kabouto
    Headset: Logitech USB headseat H390
    Glasses: Gunnar optiks ppk mercury

10+ Year Old Account
    Xigmatek has a few good non-LED case fans you may be interested in. :P I'm personally pretty sold on Xigmatek fans, they really are quiet as all hell. The main noise from my computer is my two older HDDs (one is a SATA I 80GB from 2005, another a 600GB WD Cav Blue from 2009) and the fans are a very low soft hum that is pleasant to my ears.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wingblade View Post
    Glasses: Gunnar optiks ppk mercury
    I looked that up and that's the first time I've heard of "gaming eyeware" and apparently Gunnar is the only known brand who even makes these. After a bit of digging I found these:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/09/ga...cam-after-all/
    http://www.gunnars.com/

Interesting read. I am pretty damn serious when I say that I will happily wear ANYTHING that will prolong the life of my eyes in front of computer screens - being only 22 I know that I'll be spending the next 20-30 years sitting at work computers or gaming computers and it WILL take a toll on my remaining good eye (but testing revealed it's a seriously good eye, about 10-15% better than the average eye due to how hard my brain focuses on it, that's another story). Since LCD monitors haven't even been out that long (maybe mass-produced for 15-20 years at most) nobody knows what happens after a lifetime's worth of use.

They are a novel idea, but I've ran across them a few times before.
    The main problem being that they make everything yellow, and their effect is slim.
    The main thing one can do to reduce eyestrain is to first get another panel than TN, as TN are the ones causing the most strain.
    The second thing is to prefer LED (not LED sidelighting as it were, but LED backlighting. This is still rare)
    The third thing is to reduce brightness below 30, pref below 20. I run mine at 20, as it were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then I'll be the first person to jump ship as soon as they make a 120hz 2ms gaming monitors in IPS -_-

Well then I'll be the first person to jump ship as soon as they make a 120hz IPS 2ms monitors -_-
    Unlikely. :] But there are advancements in the IPS-120Hz being made. But 2ms? Not likely. Going from 60Hz to 120Hz alone is quite hard to get 2ms with, TN panels alone. And also unnecessary. 120Hz is another source of being less of an eyestrain, so you're in luck there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or not computer it up in the dark. :P
    "A flower.