Random set of questions

So, since I've yet to be selected for a testing period (Already signed up, got a beta key from ZAM, and did the whole process but have to wait till they send me the email with the download link and all that stuff) I got a few questions for people already in the beta.

A: Can you customize your ship in any way? or will the ship of my future Jedi Knight/Imperial Agent look like the ships of everyone else's Knights and Agents?

B: As far as romances go (both with random non-companion NPCs, and Companions themselves) are all the romances straight? or is there room for any same-sex romances? (Unlikely, seeing as the closest to a gay character in Star Wars is Juhani, and she was a super-closeted one at that =/)

C: if on the dialog options (Which seem to use the same wheel style of Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2) the upper option awards light-side points and the lower one awards dark-side points, what does the middle one does?

D: Only consulars can wield Double-bladed lightsabers? because those are my favorites, and I hope my Knight can use one too.

E: how's the gear qualified in terms of quality? (On wow its poor (Gray) common (White) Uncommon (Green) rare (Blue) Epic (Purple) legendary (Orange) On Lineage II its No-grade, D-grade, C-Grade, B-grade, A-grade, S-grade and so on........ what system is used on TOR?

F: This one doesn't have much to do with the beta itself but, how long do you estimate will take before fan-dedicated sites pop up about TOR; like a TORhead, and a TORpedia? Does such as site exists already? because the official site sucks as far as giving info goes, no race info, no sample of what skills the classes use, no info on the talents, nada :S

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

A) No. You can upgrade it so that it does better in the space missions, but if you mean visual customization for the interior, no. Hopefully you will be able to post-launch though.

B) Same-sex romances are confirmed post-launch, not on release though.

C) Neutral. You're allowed to take a neutral alignment.

D) Yes, only consulars and Sith Inquisitors.

E) Not sure what they're called in the game, but I've seen white, green, blue, and purple.

F) There are many fansites already in existence.

www.torhead.com
    http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War..._Republic_Wiki
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A: Can you customize your ship in any way? or will the ship of my future Jedi Knight/Imperial Agent look like the ships of everyone else's Knights and Agents?

You can get upgrades for your ship, but they are for the mini-game. Nothing really cosmetic just now.

B: As far as romances go (both with random non-companion NPCs, and Companions themselves) are all the romances straight? or is there room for any same-sex romances? (Unlikely, seeing as the closest to a gay character in Star Wars is Juhani, and she was a super-closeted one at that =/)

Same sex romances are confirmed for post launch.

C: if on the dialog options (Which seem to use the same wheel style of Mass Effect and Dragon Age 2) the upper option awards light-side points and the lower one awards dark-side points, what does the middle one does?

The upper option is light-side normally and the bottom is dark-side and the middle is grey. That can change though, to be safe, roll over the one you want to see and light-side or dark-side icon will appear.

D: Only consulars can wield Double-bladed lightsabers? because those are my favorites, and I hope my Knight can use one too.

Only Consulars specced into Shadow can use dual-bladed sabers. Your Knight can dual-weight two sabers though.

E: how's the gear qualified in terms of quality? (On wow its poor (Gray) common (White) Uncommon (Green) rare (Blue) Epic (Purple) legendary (Orange) On Lineage II its No-grade, D-grade, C-Grade, B-grade, A-grade, S-grade and so on........ what system is used on TOR?

Cheap (grey), Standard (white), Premium (green), Prototype (blue), Artifact (purple), Legendary (orange), Legacy (BOA)

F: This one doesn't have much to do with the beta itself but, how long do you estimate will take before fan-dedicated sites pop up about TOR; like a TORhead, and a TORpedia? Does such as site exists already? because the official site sucks as far as giving info goes, no race info, no sample of what skills the classes use, no info on the talents, nada :S

There is a lot of fan-sites up already.

darthhater.com
    torhead.com

Here is a link from these forums that lists most of them:http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...of-SWtoR-sites.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    A) No. You can upgrade it so that it does better in the space missions, but if you mean visual customization for the interior, no. Hopefully you will be able to post-launch though.

B) Same-sex romances are confirmed post-launch, not on release though.

C) Neutral. You're allowed to take a neutral alignment.

D) Yes, only consulars and Sith Inquisitors.

E) Not sure what they're called in the game, but I've seen white, green, blue, and purple.

F) There are many fansites already in existence.

www.torhead.com
    http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War..._Republic_Wiki
    A: Dammit :S there goes my hopes of adding a little personal touch to the decoration of my own ship =/ my best friend and I will be rolling a knight and an agent, and both of our ships will be identical TT

B: Ohh...... I see :P sneaky bastards xD they wanna go around the rating? because same-sex romances could bump the rating to M thanks to over-protective "moral guardians", so at launch they wanna keep it teen. its ok, I can wait.

C: =O I didn't saw that coming, I wonder how it would feel to roleplay a neutral sith inquisitor..........

D: DAMN EVERYTHING TO HELL! >.< I really wanted a double-bladed lightsaber, but dont really like the consular/inquisitor playstyle from what I've seen.

E: so..... they're using the exact same system as wow? not a good sign.

F: Neat, gonna go check them out, because seriously, the main page sucks.

A: Depends on how you define customizable, you can modify thier abilities and stats with bought/earned items but thier appearance cannot change. For now Ships are set per class and cannot be changed, exchanged or destroyed/sold.

B: Right now there are no same sex romances. My guess is they forgot. Bioware has stated however that they fully intend to implement some in the future. How soon is debatable but since they identified the problem I think they will solve it before it becomes a moral issue that could hurt them.
    I feel bad for people who aren't heterosexual but in a way I'm glad not every dude will be abusing the system to fantasize about some hot pixel on pixel action from female characters. It's quite ridiculous how many people want it for just that reason.

C: From what I can remember the position of the dialogue option is not always the same as it's alignment but I didn't really pay attention to that. In the center of the dialogue wheel there is a red triangle for dark-side and a white/blue star for light side choices.
    I found it was kinda a problem to see what option was what when making decisions, the light side star does not stand out a lot and can easily be missed if you make up your mind early. There are some really vague choices made early in the SI leveling that I accidently choose the light side choice because of bad visuals and questionable "light-side" choices. YOU HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION
    You can be neutral in many cases but not all.

D: Only one of the Advance classes of Consulars can wield double-lightsabers (the shadow I believe) on the republic side and only the Sith Assassin of the Empire side can weild double lightsabers. They can be tanks or DPS specs.

E: think it's roughly the same as WoW grades in terms of colors.

F: TORHead already exists, It'll probably be like a month before they reach any sort of fully functioning level in terms of gear listings and bosses. There are already plenty of SWTOR wikis with info on characters, places and stories. Those types are already fairly good in terms of general information
    Last edited by Argroth; 2011-11-21 at 03:22 AM. Reason: got rid of quote added stuff to same sex about how pathetic people can be.

its also a shame that the Togruta isn't a playable specie, they (along with the twi'leks) are by far my favorite SW species.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    its also a shame that the Togruta isn't a playable specie, they (along with the twi'leks) are by far my favorite SW species.
    SI get a Togruta companion but that's about it.
    If the legacy system allows new races to be played Togruta is one of the leading candidates that is typically mentioned most.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the ship customization keep in mind that only you can enter a ship as of now, however, they've said they're working on allowing others to enter it. They very well may add customization ( both interior and exterior ) if/when that feature launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    With the ship customization keep in mind that only you can enter a ship as of now, however, they've said they're working on allowing others to enter it. They very well may add customization ( both interior and exterior ) if/when that feature launches.
    I don't really think they'll do exterior customization, it doesn't really fit with the universe much. I don't remember any big symbols or names tagged on any ships anywhere.

I fully expect interior customization at some point. I can also see hilarity coming of this, everything from love shack style "playa" ships to balls to the wall fru-fru pinkmageddon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    I don't really think they'll do exterior customization, it doesn't really fit with the universe much. I don't remember any big symbols or names tagged on any ships anywhere.

I fully expect interior customization at some point. I can also see hilarity coming of this, everything from love shack style "playa" ships to balls to the wall fru-fru pinkmageddon.
    With the exterior I was more thinking small changes, similar to adding extra cannons ( visible, not sure if the mini-game upgrades are visible ) not like tags/symbols/etc. The most extensive I was thinking was maybe different pre-made colour kits ( similar to companion kits. )

Pretty sure you can enter the ships of people you are in the same party as.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can enter the ships of people you are in the same party as.
    Oh, can you? I didn't think you could currently. I thought that's what they were working on. My mistake.

Oh, can you? I didn't think you could currently. I thought that's what they were working on. My mistake.
    I'm not absolutely positively sure, but I think I read it in the latest patch notes.

Yeah, here it is: http://www.alterswtor.com/archives/3574

Players are now able to visit other players’ personal starships and travel with them to other planets when grouped.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not absolutely positively sure, but I think I read it in the latest patch notes.

Yeah, here it is: http://www.alterswtor.com/archives/3574
    Oh cool. Well, then, hopefully interior design is soon to come then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Torhead is actually made by the same people of Wowhead, so you can expect good quality.

Deleted
    I hope that the answers mentioned for C arent correct. If top is usually light and bottom usually dark, its really going to ruin this game for me in many ways. I want to make my own descisions and not just be led through. At least the icon thing lets you read first without seeing whether its dark or light.

[QUOTE=Derah;14300179]A: Dammit :S there goes my hopes of adding a little personal touch to the decoration of my own ship =/ my best friend and I will be rolling a knight and an agent, and both of our ships will be identical TT QUOTE]

No you wont all classes get a different ship except the JK/JC get same and also SI/SW get same...so theres 6 ships all together, im sure they will add customization after launch, people really want it