Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I use the Bindpad addon. Makes my life so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    You can rebind the keys that the companion skills are on, if that's what you mean. But if you're talking macroing companion skills into your abilities, so they both are on the same key, then no thats not in.
    Yeah...I know... Thread is asking what we would like. I figured out how to key bind after about 5 secs in beta.
    Im saying I can get by till they implement other stuff but macros even as simple as attaching pet attack to something like your normal attack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    Yeah...I know... Thread is asking what we would like. I figured out how to key bind after about 5 secs in beta.
    Im saying I can get by till they implement other stuff but macros even as simple as attaching pet attack to something like your normal attack.
    I wasn't really sure which you were suggesting is all. So I figured I'd throw it out there just in case all you wanted was keybindings for them and missed it in the options.

all I need is my steelseries MMO mouse to work, sadly I couldnt bind most of the buttons in the weekend beta. all users with this mouse had this problem, but I learned that it was working in other builds.

other than that, I dont need anything, standard ui is good enough for me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    all I need is my steelseries MMO mouse to work, sadly I couldnt bind most of the buttons in the weekend beta. all users with this mouse had this problem, but I learned that it was working in other builds.

other than that, I dont need anything, standard ui is good enough for me
    There was an external program I used to have to use for my SS mmo mouse back before WoW had it integrated. Can't remember the title, but you may have to look into that. Since the mouse was designed for WoW ( and I believe they have rights to the program or something, I could be wrong ) you may not get official support for it, at least from Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    What the deuce, did they add it in the recent build? You have a screen shot? I looked all through the options last weekend and couldn't find it.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 04:16 AM ----------

I seem to recall BW saying they would implement mods shortly after release
    Yea though how much of their code will they allow to be used for addons. You look at WoW where the whole API was used. Modify anything you wanted to. How much freedom will Bioware give us? From the people who are in Rift, Trion Worlds didn't give them much attention to modify everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Yea though how much of their code will they allow to be used for addons. You look at WoW where the whole API was used. Modify anything you wanted to. How much freedom will Bioware give us? From the people who are in Rift, Trion Worlds didn't give them much attention to modify everything.
    Yeah, they've said they don't want to do what WoW did and give people free reign of the code. It'll be more controlled. Take from that what you will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    Yeah, they've said they don't want to do what WoW did and give people free reign of the code. It'll be more controlled. Take from that what you will.
    I really won't be too upset if they don't allow 3rd party addons as long as Bioware start introducing their own. For example, healing 16 people in a raid with the current UI is going to be quite tricky if there is any movement involved.

What I'd like:

A better visual aid for cooldowns/buffs/procs
    A Grid/Clique style raid-frame for healing
    UI scaling and/or ability to move bars

I would regard those as quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I really won't be too upset if they don't allow 3rd party addons as long as Bioware start introducing their own. For example, healing 16 people in a raid with the current UI is going to be quite tricky if there is any movement involved.

What I'd like:

A better visual aid for cooldowns/buffs/procs
    A Grid/Clique style raid-frame for healing
    UI scaling and/or ability to move bars

I would regard those as quite important.
    Those are things including a DBM style mod too that I think BioWare will develop and will not need addons. I look at it like this, take the WoW route or the DAOC route. WoW allowed for full customization, DAOC did not. You could change "skins" but thats about it. I think if BioWare was to develop their own addons that we depend on in WoW this would make SWTOR a lot better of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetobe View Post
    none of that is working @ the current time at least.

you do have an assist key but no target of target information

Debuff timers are "visual" you can only check the actual time when mouseover them
    no macros, no options to change the ui ( both moving or resizing )
    no viewport.
    Yep, I know. I was in the 11-13 beta. I thought the thread was about what we'd like to see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorow View Post
    Those are things including a DBM style mod too that I think BioWare will develop and will not need addons.
    I wouldn't be too upset if there is never any DBM type addon. As long as bosses give out enough visual and/or audible clues as to what abilities they are doing, then that would (should) be enough. In actual fact, this is already the case in WOW but people have become so dependent on boss mods that they tend to not notice them. I would prefer to react to boss abilities as they happen, not pre-empt them.

Deleted
    The only thing that I really require to play and I mean I would struggle without... is having the ability to bind movement to my side buttons on my mouse. Having both left/right strafe on my mouse means I control all movement with the mouse (using both clicks to move forward as in WoW) leaving my other hand free to mash keys