10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Never ever heard a good eng dub, so forgive me for not taking your word for it, but im sure there are some dubs out there that dont sound completly awful
    code geass is a good example of perfect fine english dubs.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    Just watched a clip from it on youtube with the dub... guess i cant stand anime in english overall :/ not my taste i guess

Cowboy Bepop is probably one of the best English Dubs, and I've heard RomeoXJuliet's dub is vastly superior to the Japanese one.

Deleted
    So i'm kinda of a newbie in Anime, but my boyfriend is far from a newbie in it. and even though i said i would never like anime i was wrong.

He started out with showing me an Anime, with a little girl which was a vampire hold captured. it was a really fun Anime but ofc i can't remember the name of it!
    After that we started to see Hunter x Hunter, which i have seen all the 62 episodes of now and i LOVE it! we're now watching the greed island season of it and it's just as awesome. i'm sure it's an anime that is pretty known to you guys but i really think it's an awesome anime, so if you want someone to start watching Anime hunter x hunter is one that can trap you in Anime forever xD

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I doubt the people here have seen this, because I barely post here to begin with... buuuuuuuuuuuuut

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32034529/Ani...17973290-1.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millakins View Post
    So i'm kinda of a newbie in Anime, but my boyfriend is far from a newbie in it. and even though i said i would never like anime i was wrong.

He started out with showing me an Anime, with a little girl which was a vampire hold captured. it was a really fun Anime but ofc i can't remember the name of it!
    After that we started to see Hunter x Hunter, which i have seen all the 62 episodes of now and i LOVE it! we're now watching the greed island season of it and it's just as awesome. i'm sure it's an anime that is pretty known to you guys but i really think it's an awesome anime, so if you want someone to start watching Anime hunter x hunter is one that can trap you in Anime forever xD
    Hmm was the series he showed you called Moonphase by any chance?

Deleted
    Yus, i'm pretty sure that was it ^.^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    i know a couple of posts back i said i don't want much anime but i found this French one called "Wakfu" which is basically the French equivalent of Avatar the air bender series. the animation quality is amazing and the storyline is pretty good. the only bad review i can give about it is; its too PG-13 with no one dying and half the episodes of the 24 are fillers that don't make the story move forward. so it is basically like Story -> Filler 1,2,3 -> Story *repeat process*.

there is no streaming sites and there is no dub but there are sub-titles and i would provide trust worthy websites to download these episodes but i need a mods thumbs up.
    here is the only semblance of a trailer i could find on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvuAjx52zlM
    I'm going to quote myself on this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Haha code lyoko... I spent 2 years in the high school that served as a model for code lyoko school, always felt weird to see it in the show .

As for Wakfu, well the anime is pretty badass, especially in terms of animation and soundtrack:

I'm also quite fond of the season 2 opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omk9C26IOYM
    Most of the scenes on the trailer you linked are actually from a previous work of Ankama, the one on my quote is all Wakfu s1.

This could also be considered a nice trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcKxag2Y5Pg
    It's a video clip made for season 1 scenes, the music being the one from the opening (complete version). Looks and sounds pretty damn good.

Bonuses: the main character's a living portal gun, who actually uses his powers in a smart way. Also, lots of nice food scenes (cause you know, it's French ).

PS: season 1 is 26 episodes, +1 bonus episode on Noximilien's story (Nox, who's one of the best bad guys I've seen in animation)
    season 2 is at its 16th ep, but I guess the subbed must go up to 14 or 15.
    Last edited by mmoc4f7a735ed2; 2011-11-20 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millakins View Post
    Yus, i'm pretty sure that was it ^.^
    Lol figured sounded too much like it. Btw welcome to the club. My sig links to a site that tracks how much anime you've seen most of us hang out there now in a usergroup. If you wanna track your anime and join us feel free. Just pm me laylie or synaia on there. Though i'm probably easiest same username and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Lol figured sounded too much like it. Btw welcome to the club. My sig links to a site that tracks how much anime you've seen most of us hang out there now in a usergroup. If you wanna track your anime and join us feel free. Just pm me laylie or synaia on there. Though i'm probably easiest same username and all that.
    I'm called Millhi on their with my recent namechange on MAL ^^
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    season 2 is at its 16th ep, but I guess the subbed must go up to 14 or 15.
    haha! i speak French so i don't even need subs :P

gundam age? more like gundam underage amirite?!
    also the mechanic guy is dr robotnik in disguise right?

ps i don't like the art style of this new gundam but i'll still watch it

also from what i can tell so far agonizingly predictable.
    Last edited by bals; 2011-11-21 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    gundam age? more like gundam underage amirite?!
    also the mechanic guy is dr robotnik in disguise right?

ps i don't like the art style of this new gundam but i'll still watch it

also from what i can tell so far agonizingly predictable.
    Just the main chars beeing kids, should have just went with the normal looks like usual. Still watching it bcs gundam...
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Just the main chars beeing kids, should have just went with the normal looks like usual. Still watching it bcs gundam...
    Not to mention despite the artstyle it still seems to have drama in classic gundam style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention despite the artstyle it still seems to have drama in classic gundam style.
    yup ^^ and we are missing you on MAL.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    yup ^^ and we are missing you on MAL.

Yeah sorry have been watching fairy tail playing skyrim AND skyword sword(screw skyrim zelda all the way) oh and i had work last weekend. Translation been busy oh right and reading Inheritance finished it saturday not a satisfying end.

Oh and i noticed the gundam vibe from the first episode ESPECIALLY the ending. But then again i have a knack for such thing. Could even tell Dog Days would be a sleeper hit from the first episode with each following one cementing my view. Yeah though i'm at page 56 on mal have it saved though i lost most of my tabs thanks to crap cleaner and my not disabling session so i tried to restore it through transferring app data to users(have it manually backed up) but then i lost some favorited LOL so yeah i should be back sometime soon. I'm at lanryu mines in zelda right now so ihope to be back after i finish zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    so i recently discovered Sekirei manga and i found it to be quite amusing.

It's action Sifi based with a little bit of funny/sexy in it. I also decided to check out the manga to see some of the cool moves in action...and i was kinda disappointed.

Manga is basically not very censored but its not really hentai its light nudity but in a funny way..how ever when it came to anime it was mainly censored through camera angles and various objects blocking view. Granted it is still an enjoyable anime/manga i just seems really really cheesy which kinda puts me off it. I mean either you do the same in the manga then you are @ least setting the tone for your humor/style/etc or you make anime in the same manner as you had your manga. It just seems like they made a good anime more cheesy with censorship from the original tale

does that happen often from manga to anime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    so i recently discovered Sekirei manga and i found it to be quite amusing.

It's action Sifi based with a little bit of funny/sexy in it. I also decided to check out the manga to see some of the cool moves in action...and i was kinda disappointed.

Manga is basically not very censored but its not really hentai its light nudity but in a funny way..how ever when it came to anime it was mainly censored through camera angles and various objects blocking view. Granted it is still an enjoyable anime/manga i just seems really really cheesy which kinda puts me off it. I mean either you do the same in the manga then you are @ least setting the tone for your humor/style/etc or you make anime in the same manner as you had your manga. It just seems like they made a good anime more cheesy with censorship from the original tale

does that happen often from manga to anime?
    it's hard to find an anime uncensored these days when there's pantsu shots and stuff, something with the disgrace of women and stuffs they said in the japanese government, will go the same way for manga.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as does the reverse see Rosario Vampire for plot death and fanservice overload during changeover.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 02:39 PM ----------

it's hard to find an anime uncensored these days when there's pantsu shots and stuff, something with the disgrace of women and stuffs they said in the japanese government, will go the same way for manga.
    Yep. Say remember when tits were fine like say tenchi and even inuyasha cause i do. Reminds me should try and track down a japanese version of inuyasha i hear they airbrushed out the nipples for the american release similar to the breast reduction in Blue Dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as does the reverse see Rosario Vampire for plot death and fanservice overload during changeover.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 02:39 PM ----------

Yep. Say remember when tits were fine like say tenchi and even inuyasha cause i do. Reminds me should try and track down a japanese version of inuyasha i hear they airbrushed out the nipples for the american release similar to the breast reduction in Blue Dragon.
    i've not seen inuyasha so i don't know, they always do that kind of stuff on american releases tho.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni