Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Of what?
    Benchmarks and such on the new Intel CPUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Benchmarks and such on the new Intel CPUS.
    Go to sweclockers.com. Search for 3930k.

10+ Year Old Account
    was reading on sweclockers (as best i could with google translate) and they have said pretty much the same thing that everyone else has, that the 3930k performs the same as the 3960x, which is leaving everyone scratching their head about the price, this makes me wonder, since the 6 core SB-E CPU's are actually 8 cores with two cores disabled, does the 3960x have the ability for its two extra cores to be enabled sometime down the line? that would certainly justify the price difference between the two

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    was reading on sweclockers (as best i could with google translate) and they have said pretty much the same thing that everyone else has, that the 3930k performs the same as the 3960x, which is leaving everyone scratching their head about the price, this makes me wonder, since the 6 core SB-E CPU's are actually 8 cores with two cores disabled, does the 3960x have the ability for its two extra cores to be enabled sometime down the line? that would certainly justify the price difference between the two
    I actually read in the latest issue of Maximum PC that those two extra cores will never be able to be enabled, so... I don't know what Intel's thinking

@Xuvial:

You'll be happy to know that I found out that the mesh 5.25" guards on my case actually fit with the cage/fan in there I'm also going to be replacing the TY-140s with the stock 200mm white LED fans, because covering the rest of the exposed vents makes a pretty wicked noise. I'll just live with the LEDs. Thinking about getting a white LED Yate Loon fan for the front or rear... anyone have any thoughts on that? They're cheap enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we're getting somewhere with that microwave of a case
    Regarding LED's, don't those 200mm's come with a separate LED pin which you can leave unplugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Now we're getting somewhere with that microwave of a case
    Regarding LED's, don't those 200mm's come with a separate LED pin which you can leave unplugged?
    No They're only two-pin fan connectors for being controlled. Sucks, but meh, at least the white looks classy.

Also, what are people's thoughts on the Scythe SY1225SL12M Slip Streams (1200RPM)? Thinking about getting two of those (one for exhaust and one for intake in the front there). Or any other suggestions regarding good CFM, but quiet fans? I'll be putting them on the fan controller, but I still want them to be quiet, even at full burn.

Deleted
    System:
    i5 2500k @ 4.6 Ghz
    MSI P67A-GD53
    G.Skill Sniper low voltage ram, 2x4GB
    MSI GTX 560 Ti @ 1010 MHz core
    Noctua NH-D14 cooler
    Corsair TX650w psu
    Sharkoon T9 case

Peripherals:
    LG Flatron 23" screen
    Razer Naga
    Thermaltake Meka G1 keyboard
    Logitech Z523 speakers

Pics:
    http://imgur.com/a/Kp24E (note: I like the colour green )

Deleted
    CPU: I7 2600k 4.4GHz
    GPU: ENGTX 570
    VENTIRAD : CM V8
    M/B: Asrock Extreme 7 Gen 3
    RAM: Hyper X 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
    SSD/HDD: Vertex 3 120gb / Samsung 1Tb
    CASE: Coolermaster HAF 922 MOD
    PSU: Aerocool V12XT 800W

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    but I still want them to be quiet, even at full burn.
    No such thing. That particular fans looks like ~28dba @ 1200rpm which isn't exactly dead silent, but still pretty damn quiet for that speed. I have my 2x200mm, 3x120mm and 1x140mm running off my fan controller using Megaflows and Sickleflows (rated to be fairly quiet) and even dialed all the way down my PC still makes a noticeable hum which I can hear even through headphones (when nothing is playing, but still :P). At max it sounds like some combination of a jet engine and a warp drive.

The only way is to cut down on noise is to cut down on the fans really, which is something I'm really considering. But then I hate to have spent all that money on extra fans in hindsight, y u buy so many fans Xuvial?? For that extra 2-3c less?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    No such thing. That particular fans looks like ~28dba @ 1200rpm which isn't exactly dead silent, but still pretty damn quiet for that speed. I have my 2x200mm, 3x120mm and 1x140mm running off my fan controller using Megaflows and Sickleflows (rated to be fairly quiet) and even dialed all the way down my PC still makes a noticeable hum which I can hear even through headphones (when nothing is playing, but still :P). At max it sounds like some combination of a jet engine and a warp drive.

The only way is to cut down on noise is to cut down on the fans really, which is something I'm really considering. But then I hate to have spent all that money on extra fans in hindsight, y u buy so many fans Xuvial?? For that extra 2-3c less?
    Truth be told, I wouldn't have them running at the full 1200 RPM unless I'm gaming (I'll have them plugged into the case's fan controller, which is actually pretty nice). Right now, the absolute loudest part of my computer is that reference video card, and it's pretty quiet at idle. Fans CAN be quiet, even at full burn - just look at Noctua and Noiseblocker fans Though, I'm heavily considering those Scythe Slip Streams.

Though, one I cut away the front and top grills, noise will be cut considerably And I know what you mean about all the fans... I have 3 Kaze Maru 2 and two TY-140s lying around, not being used

Deleted
    I'm building my PC right now and I'm having problems with installing the Motherboard. It just doesn't snap on to the backplate. Does anyone know why or how you should do it? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Snap on to the backplate? Wha? The backplate as in the CPU cooler backplate right? Or did you mean the motherboard standoffs?
    Take a pic or something >_>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm building my PC right now and I'm having problems with installing the Motherboard. It just doesn't snap on to the backplate. Does anyone know why or how you should do it? :/
    Force it in with some strenght. I first installed it without the backplate for the connections, but when i tried again with that little backplate, i had to force it in.

Deleted

I'm talking about that thing. I tried using force but it seems like there's nothing that it can attach to..

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 09:13 PM ----------

Does it really matter if I have that on or not? Can't I just screw on the MB?

Platinus,

You are using the plate that came with your motherboard, aren't you?

Deleted

I'm talking about that thing. I tried using force but it seems like there's nothing that it can attach to..

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 09:13 PM ----------

Does it really matter if I have that on or not? Can't I just screw on the MB?
    You could start off by screwing in the stand-offs into your case first, there's no way you're ever going to mount a motherboard without stand-offs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    Platinus,

You are using the plate that came with your motherboard, aren't you?

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    You could start off by screwing in the stand-offs into your case first, there's no way you're ever going to mount a motherboard without stand-offs.

OMG I'M SO STUPID!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the I/O plate. It's not 100% needed but it offers shielding from ESD, seals the gap so doesn't doesn't enter and looks tidy.
    It looks like you attached the plate to the case fine but the motherboard standoffs aren't allowing the mobo to line up with the plate? It can sometimes take a bit of wriggling, I personally haven't come across mismatches but I've heard it's possible with some cases/motherboards.

edit: DING we have a winner. Standoffs are your friends :P
    OMG I'M SO STUPID!
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-11-21 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    Yes.

OMG I'M SO STUPID!
    You're not. These are things any first-time builder needs to get used to. If you need any more help, feel free to request it, there's more than enough people on here to assist you.

Deleted
    I have too many screws! Wich ones do I use to screw down the MB with? (After I've used the standoffs). What does it say on the bag?