Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Ultraxion's healing buffs

Did someone tried this boss seriously (especially in HC) and could tell us more about the buffs (red, green, blue)?

Here's a recap of what they do :

Red: increasing healing done by 100%
    Green: causes all healing done to be duplicated and distributed evenly amongst all friendly targets within 50 yards
    Blue: reducing the mana cost of all spells by 75% and increasing spell haste by 100%

Note that they appear in that order, and that blue comes kind of late in the fight.

How do they interract with absorb/mastery?

Which spec/class would they favor?

Is the only change in HC difficulty that 2 people has to stay in twilight?

Do you two-heal it in HC as you should do in normal?
    Last edited by mmoc4a1158ae20; 2011-11-28 at 08:04 PM.

note, all of these are assumptions based on what ive heard and by what the buffs give, i have not actual first hand experience with this fight.

red seems to be best for disc priests. although any healer benefits from doubling healing.

green is best for HoT based classes as they will provide a more consistent healing amount to the raid. resto druids/holy priests.

blue is best for classes with higher mana cost long cast time spells. resto shamans for HR/CH. and holy pallies for the new holy radiance. both will do very well with this buff.

another thing, all healers benefit from all of these buffs, so in normal you dont need to worry about it too much.

as for heroic, i think after you stay in and get hit you get a debuff where you cant stay in again for X minutes. and in its current state yes you would have to 2 heal it, but even then with current gear i dont see him going down with 2/4 healers in 10/25 man. the best attempts i saw were getting him around 40% in heroic by the time he enraged.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

In our 10m raid we do the following:

*Red- Disc Priest
    *Blue- Holy Pally

I have not had the chance to test this in heroic yet, so I cannot speak on that.
    Last edited by Irielle; 2011-12-22 at 10:03 PM.

We gave green to a resto sham in 25, all the extra ticks broke any one's PC who had a combat log addon ;p Go go healing rain!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    red seems to be best for disc priests.
    So you say Disc Priest's absorbs (Shield/DA) DO benefit from the 100% buff?

Anyone got logs to back that up?

According to one of the druids in my guild who tried it the other night the green buff only works off of direct healing, not periodic, so it's actually pretty bad for resto druids. Holy Priests are actually the best spec for it as HW:Sanc counts as direct healing and does an extremely large amount of it since it doesn't diminish past six targets like the tooltip says. Put it under 23 people (full raid minus tanks) with the green buff and you'll get somewhere in the neighborhood of 300k healing out of that .5s cast. After Holy I'd probably put a shaman on that duty (and probably recommend that they not bother with healing rain.)

Blue is, on the other hand, pretty bad for Holy (relatively speaking, at least,) as sanc and CoH don't scale for dick with haste and PoH gets diminishing returns once you get that much since you start clipping the glyph HoT. I'd be interested in seeing how a disco priest taking it and facerolling PW:S Lich King-style would do vs. another class, but I get the feeling that a druid/shaman/pally would do better with it.

Red is obviously best for disco since they can convert a high amount of their overheal into effective healing due to DA. For the same reason Pallies probably take second place and from there it's pretty neutral for everyone else.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    So you say Disc Priest's absorbs (Shield/DA) DO benefit from the 100% buff?

Anyone got logs to back that up?
    +%healing done debuffs have historically always worked with PW:S (I know the Baleroc one does, at any rate) so I see no reason why this one wouldn't.

DA will of course benefit from it because it's a direct function of your healing done.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzushiiro View Post
    +%healing done debuffs have historically always worked with PW:S (I know the Baleroc one does, at any rate) so I see no reason why this one wouldn't.

DA will of course benefit from it because it's a direct function of your healing done.
    The concentration buff on Majordomo HC doesn't work with PW:S. DA will work, but it's capped at 40% of your max health.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    green is best for HoT based classes as they will provide a more consistent healing amount to the raid. resto druids/holy priests.
    Did I miss a patch or since when are holy priests considered a "HoT based class" :P The only HoT based healer is the druid.

Suzushiiro is correct. Green currently does not work well with HoTs and often seems to not work at all. This may be a bug on the PTR but it's possible this is intended and supposed to be direct healing only so they won't have druids solo-heal the fight with external mana cooldowns while they cover the whole raid with HoTs.

I would therefore also say that Green is best suited for holy priests to spread HW:Sanc, PoH and CoH healing. May also be good for a shaman but I reckon holy will perform stronger with Green. The Red buff seems to be useful for all classes but I'd say you want it on your designated tank healer, which is likely a paladin or disc priest. Blue doesn't really appeal to either healing class or spec. It will definitely be the worst buff for disc priests though, since they don't need the extra haste at all. I would say this buff is like best suited for shamans and resto druids, assuming that Green is supposed to not work with HoTs. If it is, I would categorize them for Green instead.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it works out though. I'm sure the general idea is that "any buff can be used by any healing class and this should not impact your ability to defeat the encounter" but, come on, we know that raids will give the buffs to the class/spec it works best on once they have numbers. It's certainly what I would do.
    Last edited by Venara; 2011-11-23 at 03:02 AM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Deleted
    I didn´t have the chance to test this encounter on the ptr yet but is realy this hard to heal that you need all 3 buffs ? blue seems amazing for a lot of caster dd´s ^^

Give your blue to your Arcane Mage and have them hump your leg for a month.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think you're going to have to give the blue to Arcane Mages on progress, at least.

Boss has 297 million health on 25 heroic. Assuming 2 tanks and 5 healers, and a 6 minute enrage timer, that's 825,000 raid DPS, or ~45833 personal DPS required from each of the 18 DPS.

EDIT: Or well, slightly less. Forgot to factor in the tank's DPS too.

Think this one might be a little harder than Baleroc.
    Last edited by Tihr; 2011-11-23 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Think you're going to have to give the blue to Arcane Mages on progress, at least.
    We scale so bad with haste, and considering most of it will just be a waste, I'd say it should go to a DoT class.
    Vol'jin fanboy

I'd say it depends on your raid setup.

But generally i'd go with:
    Red - Resto Druids (simple because green doesn't work on them, and the mana reduction of blue isn't needed by them)
    Blue - Holy Paladins spamming Holy Radiance, Disc for raid bubbling and PoH spam for absorbs.
    Green - Resto Schamies and Holy Priest

Further, i do believe the spawn order is always red - green - blue. So that might effect your choices also.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    We scale so bad with haste, and considering most of it will just be a waste, I'd say it should go to a DoT class.
    Surely it's better off on a Mage purely for the mana reduction? Would be like playing Arcane on Sinestra, almost? I don't think our Shadow Priests would complain at least, but I'm sure everyone will agree that it'll need to go to some form of DPS to get anywhere near to killing the boss before enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last i checked only healers could click the buffs, did they change that?
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    At least not the tooltips.

Deleted
    How would only healer could click work ? Any shadow , ele ore boomkin could sign up as healer in the role check that means the sytsem would have to check the specs and I dont think they would go trough this trouble, especialy since the buff states all mana costs are reduced, if it were ment to be healers only I think they would state mana costs of all healing spells are reduced

Deleted
    1) Only healers can click it - the game checks the specc of players - this is a mechanic that has been used for quite a some time now (for example Majordomo HC - he won't leap on melee dps/tank but WILL leap on healers/range dps standing in melee)

2) according to Vodka's guide, the red gift does not benefit Disc shields at all

Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    Last time on the PTR some warlock took 2 crystals, green and blue. .......

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else wonder if it's viable to give Blue to a priest and have them glyph for, and spam the shit out of Holy Nova? First thing that came to my mind from this thread.

On a serious note though, does blue reduce GCD?

Also, they should probably fix these buffs before they go live, if they don't work with all spells in a healer's toolbox for all healers. Just seems unfair.
    Last edited by Irisel; 2011-11-23 at 12:41 PM.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.