Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Abilities aside, how is healing overall in SWTOR. The UI seems to hinder it. In WoW I used Clique +and Grid, in Rift you had to create the macros but the raid UI is close enough to Grid. SWTOR doesn't have macros, not sure if it has smart heal/targeting, and the UI is odd for healing. What kind of set up are healers using? I don't mind healing but it seems like a chore in SWTOR.
    Swtor has a wow like grind, really similiar to wows default raid frame (not the party one) And this is good enough (Im using this 6/7hc) Mouse over i can understand, oh there will be addons, u just need to wait som time after launch

Very nice write up, thanks a bunch. I wanted to make a healing character as my first alt and wasn't sure exactly which I would like best. Really looking forward to BH healing now.

Quote Originally Posted by discopolice View Post
    Swtor has a wow like grind, really similiar to wows default raid frame (not the party one) And this is good enough (Im using this 6/7hc) Mouse over i can understand, oh there will be addons, u just need to wait som time after launch
    I didn't know they were planning to let people make addons. I really hope they do. Have they said they will?

What sort of gear are you referring to that increases regen for Sage/Sorc?

i wanna play a sage for the healing, and a shadow for the double lightsaber and tanking grrrrrrrr

wish we could change ACs

Quote Originally Posted by SlimX View Post
    What sort of gear are you referring to that increases regen for Sage/Sorc?
    Good question. I can't find any gear examples on torhead, but I just checked in-game, and there is still a stat on my sorceror for force regen. I remember in past builds that I had a relic to improve it, so I'm wondering if they took it out in the most recent build. Looking through the list now, all I see is alacrity (haste) and surge (crit) on inquisitor gear, so I'm wondering if they took the stat out without changing the character sheets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... gotta say this has made me bump my Sage from 2nd Alt up to first , but at the same time, question if it should be a sage or an operative . One question though... you have me interested about Tactical Advantage... afaik it's a 2% damage and healing buff yes? I didn't actually realised it stacked... does the 2% stack as well, so pooling stacks is worthwhile, or is it a flat 2% whenever you have any number of stacks, so spending stack as and when needed isn't 'punished'
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if keybinds are character specific?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Anyone know if keybinds are character specific?
    they are unique to each character.

Excellent write up, now I am even more torn between operative and sorcerer.

Thank you for this! I was really torn on an IA or BH healer and even though SI sounds awesome, I think I'll go with IA.

Upper Hand is a 2% buff, and does not stack with itself, I believe; it also has to be talented in order to grant the healing buff, or it did when I was last on my Scoundrel.

Nice read, I've been debating Mercenary & Operative, but I like energy more than heat. Even if they are technically the same thing. I also like that Ops can stealth and carry rifles and blades instead of 2 pistols. Even though BH's wear heavy armor which usually looks better, I decided on rolling Op on release because they will be underplayed (well at least I know Bounty Hunter WON'T be underplayed.

Kolto probe (operative) can be stacked 2 times and it can be placed on multiple targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    if a jedi sage heals, does he have his lightsaber active? silly question perhaps, but my choice of profession depends on it :-) (i.e. artifice with new lightsaber colours or sinthweave if the lightsaber is mostly holstered)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    if a jedi sage heals, does he have his lightsaber active? silly question perhaps, but my choice of profession depends on it :-) (i.e. artifice with new lightsaber colours or sinthweave if the lightsaber is mostly holstered)
    Do the benefits received from lightsabers (not sure if any) go away if it isn't active?

Just did a quick look on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK0uOmYE6Bo

Got to around 25 seconds and the LS is out as the player heals.

Here is another one playing Hutball: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgW9GvZOhqI
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-11-23 at 04:13 PM.

I've only tried IA for a few hours, but I really liked the play style. I don't like the fact that the Medic is tied down to the Operative class. I like dealing damage at range so concealment is out. I really wish Medic has been bundled with the Sniper

If I wanted to be a full time healer and an offspec damage dealer, is Lethality a spec that can stand on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMountainHopper View Post
    I've only tried IA for a few hours, but I really liked the play style. I don't like the fact that the Medic is tied down to the Operative class. I like dealing damage at range so concealment is out. I really wish Medic has been bundled with the Sniper

If I wanted to be a full time healer and an offspec damage dealer, is Lethality a spec that can stand on its own?
    It can and will, only, it won't be range, and will be melee as well. Only ability you gain through lethality that has a longer range is perhaps Corrosive Grenade (I can't say now, I'm not in full-time beta). All the shots that are benefited in Lethality: Overload Shot, Carbine Burt, Cull, Weakening Blast, have a melee to 10 yd range. Corrosive Dart is far range, but, it's a dot ability, so that can't be a nuke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    It can and will, only, it won't be range, and will be melee as well. Only ability you gain through lethality that has a longer range is perhaps Corrosive Grenade (I can't say now, I'm not in full-time beta). All the shots that are benefited in Lethality: Overload Shot, Carbine Burt, Cull, Weakening Blast, have a melee to 10 yd range. Corrosive Dart is far range, but, it's a dot ability, so that can't be a nuke!
    Awww, disapointing (But thank you for the clarification)

Has anyone found a list of "spec styles" that I could take a peak at? Something like:

• Imperial Agent Operative (Lethality): Damage Dealer (DoTs), Prefers Close Range Combat
    • Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer (Lightning): Damage Dealer (Direct Nukes) Prefers Long Range Combat

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMountainHopper View Post
    Awww, disapointing (But thank you for the clarification)

Has anyone found a list of "spec styles" that I could take a peak at? Something like:

• Imperial Agent Operative (Lethality): Damage Dealer (DoTs), Prefers Close Range Combat
    • Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer (Lightning): Damage Dealer (Direct Nukes) Prefers Long Range Combat
    http://www.torhead.com/class/an2lnUU. Right now it's on BH merc. You can go to the others by hovering over the Bounty Hunter directory of the: Database>Classes>Bounty Hunter>Mercenary

OH, my mistake, doesn't differentiate among talent tree...Don't know if someone has come up with one yet. The info for that can be gleaned by looking at the talent trees :\ There are trees at http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...ight/guardian/. Different ACs on the bottom.
    Last edited by Jamber; 2011-11-23 at 06:18 PM.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI