Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

SWTOR not accepting passwords?

>sigh< login server is so fked up i cant even change my passwords, not even logging in... i was able to log this morning but cant now.

It keeps asking my secret question but it wont swallow it, anybody else in this situation?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    >sigh< login server is so fked up i cant even change my passwords, not even logging in... i was able to log this morning but cant now.

It keeps asking my secret question but it wont swallow it, anybody else in this situation?

I can get my password in later in the day (site seems pretty slow right now), but I get to my security question and it doesn't do anything. I've sent in a support ticket multiple times and I've yet to get any response. Blah

The site is down atm to fix this it seems. I was told five hours.

It typically won't accept passwords when the servers are down for maintenance. I'm getting that now and not worrying about it, figure they just extended this morning's maintenance (can't get into the website to confirm). However I'm not getting the secret question stuff that you are.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    server seem down and site is down because too many people try to download for the weekend beta test

I'm getting another error.
    LOGIN FAILED - We have modified our password policy. You may be affected. Click here for more information.

I could log in last night though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danish View Post
    I'm getting another error.
    LOGIN FAILED - We have modified our password policy. You may be affected. Click here for more information.

I could log in last night though
    Same here, and I get asked for a secret question. The answer is simple and I know for sure it is correct since I made a printscreen from my secret question page. Still it gets refused

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so im not alone on the headache

Ill try tonight when all the Nords lay asleep
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Same issue as described above. It's not just you guys.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's been an issue for about a week or so now... The messed up thing is when you call their 1855 (toll free) number, its "call back in 5 hours...".

I just blame the chinese gold farmers getting their accounts set up and stuff D:

Edit: Gotta remember too... WoW launch had 450k~ subs... SWTOR is already over 1.5mil

well i seem to be having the same issue as you guys.

I did the user and pass thing and got that security question popup and it wont take it or i forgot it lol,

as you guys did i sent in a tix hope it gets answered soon ><

Deleted
    I cleaned out all my cookies in Chrome and now finally my secret answer gets accepted, maybe it works for anyone else too.....

I'm not having any issues with secret questions, it's just rejecting my password outright. Was going to give them some more time before resetting pword and trying again.

when i enter my password and login i get
    What is the last name of your maid of honor?
    and i don't even have an answer for that so i can't login..

Deleted
    Yeah, the site is completely borked. Would recommend not to try to log right now. Just might get you locked out of your account.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egga View Post
    when i enter my password and login i get and i don't even have an answer for that so i can't login..
    I know that I saw some posts about people seeing other people's security questions in their profile page so it is entirely possible that their system is just really messed up right now.

Actually, I'm having some issues as well. I'm logged in to the site, but when I try to go to the account page, it gives me the login failed message and directs me towards a page a bout a new policy. No way to reset the password unless I can get in to the account and no email has been sent as of yet.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-11-23 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im having the same issue, I got an email but when I try and reset the password it "has an error processing your request".
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Deleted
    Yeah the servers and site are down atm

Well, I'm having a password issue too, but it's kind of bizarre.

I'm going to quote what I wrote on another site. Maybe someone here has an idea of what I should do next. My patience is seriously running thin after trying to contact SWTOR E-mail/Phone support and EA/Origin Phone Support and basically having no one actually help me with this.

So I was wondering if anyone else here was having the same issue as me.

Apparently they changed their password policy and that would be fine and dandy, I have no issues with complying and changing my password. However, apparently their system hates my account and every time I try to change my password via their directions, "Forgot your SWTOR Password?" link, I get the following:

"THERE WAS A PROBLEM CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD.
    Please try to recover your password again."

Only it's the same result every time, no password change. I've tried it at least fifty times.

I've contacted e-mail support, phone support and so far it seems that they just have inadaquate and substandard customer support. They tell me a manager will get back to me, that the manager is awaiting the e-mail they've asked me to send, but three days later and still nothing from them. This whole incident started a week or two ago and e-mail support basically gave me a giant middle finger.

I really want to give this game a fair go, as I do with all MMO's and so far it seems like it's not going to be worth my time or money if customer support isn't offering any help ... or support.

Is anyone else having a similar password issue, if so, did you fix it, and if so, how? :P

It's so annoying.
    I'm so frustrated!

the password rejections is just the website having issues.

my password is being rejected over and over and sometimes i'll get to the secret question then that'll be rejected.

However, I can log into the games patcher no problem. They just have some website issues to fix, could be due to traffic again.