Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Convenience features : to be added after launch or not?

Hello everybody!

I thought I knew roughly what was and wasn't to be included in the game at launch and soon after, but now I'm not so sure with threads popping here and there.
    So could someone provide me an update on the status of these features (with developer quote would be amazing) :
    - dungeon finder tool : I thought it was'nt in at launch but would be added "soon after (tm)" ;
    - double spec within AC : same as above ;
    - macros : same... ;
    - mods : no plan.

Also I've never heard about teleporting facilities (through LFD or meeting stones) has BW said anything about this?

I apologize if these informations were available here, but I couldn't seem to find anything solid.

Thank you!

Dual spec will be added after launch. Bioware were talking about it somewhere i think.
    Last edited by Harnace; 2011-11-23 at 09:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i see no reason for a dungeon finder just walk to the place dont be lazy wow was just fine with out it didnt really need it

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they will never add a dungeon finder it ruins the community.
    As for dual spec, u can respec but it gets more and more expensife the higher lv you are so see what u like most between 10>20 and stick to it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there will be some sort of addon support. I don't like the UI, at all.

And the LFD? No thanks. It is the perfect community-destroyer.

Deleted
    I truly, truly hope that they never add a dungeon finder. It's the bane of gaming communities, as for dual spec I recall them saying something about it, can't remember what exactly, it might not be a plan for them at all.

I also recall them saying they'd introduce same-sex romances "sometime" post-launch. Will be interesting to see if they actually do that. Or maybe they've already changed that and I just missed it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    i see no reason for a dungeon finder just walk to the place dont be lazy wow was just fine with out it didnt really need it
    A LFD tool isn't about being teleported to the place...it's about finding a group without much effort and general chat spam. That's awesome, and should be added.
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2011-11-23 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    a LFD isn't about being teleported to the place...it's about finding a group without much effort and general chat spam. That's awesome, and should be added.
    I wouldn't particularly have a problem with a Dungeon Finder tool so long as you're limited to grouping with the people on your server. Those who are opposed to it are correct: It destroys the one thing MMOs are supposed to be about: player communities. There's very little reason to interact with the people on your server if you can simply hit a button and be dropped into an instance with random people.

As for the OT: I'd like to see them implement something like RealID. This would help me keep in touch with my friends who are adamant about playing Empire while I'm most likely going to stick with the Republic.

Deleted
    Well, thanks for your answers.

But just to be clear, I'm not asking for opinions on these features, nor am I conducting a debate. I simply want an update on the status of these features.
    I know everyone has very strong opinons on these but this is not what I'm looking for

Thanks in advance for your informations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    A LFD tool isn't about being teleported to the place...it's about finding a group without much effort and general chat spam. That's awesome, and should be added.
    so instead of taking the time to find a good group you'd rather throw it up to chance and hope you dont get a bunch of window lickers i'd rather do the flashpoints with my guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    so instead of taking the time to find a good group you'd rather throw it up to chance and hope you dont get a bunch of window lickers i'd rather do the flashpoints with my guild
    Erm, ok, then what are you complaining for? If you're going to be running with your guild, how does the LFD tool even affect you in the least?

Also, as the OP has already stated, he's not looking for debate. He's looking for real information on these functions, not QQ about them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    I wouldn't particularly have a problem with a Dungeon Finder tool so long as you're limited to grouping with the people on your server. Those who are opposed to it are correct: It destroys the one thing MMOs are supposed to be about: player communities. There's very little reason to interact with the people on your server if you can simply hit a button and be dropped into an instance with random people.

As for the OT: I'd like to see them implement something like RealID. This would help me keep in touch with my friends who are adamant about playing Empire while I'm most likely going to stick with the Republic.
    Hating on LFD has become "cool" for some reason.

I played WoW way before they implemented the LFD tool, and the community sucked the same. The difference was you had to spam the trade chat for some time until you got a party together, then that party would fail and break apart because of some troll, and you would have to do it again. Fun and time efficient, huh?

Also, guilds exist for a reason; raiding, trading, pvp, questing, events...all of that helps build up community.
    The LFD only helps you run a quick dungeon without too much hassle. That, in my book, is a good thing.

It's good as long as it doesn't teleport people instantly. That's the real problem with the tool in WoW. People can stay in a city running in circles and then be instantly teleported to the instance, then back to where they were. That's bad because it takes the world away, including any chance of making some World PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Dual spec will be added after launch. Bioware were talking about it somewhere i think.

This does not include your AC I do not think. That choice is PERMANENT. The dual spec, if we get it- will be for the two specs within your AC. (ie: Consular sage can have a healing spec and a dps spec) They cannot have a tank spec and a healing spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only accept a LFD tool IF it's not cross-server AND it doesn't teleport you to the flashpoint instantly.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaela View Post
    I also recall them saying they'd introduce same-sex romances "sometime" post-launch. Will be interesting to see if they actually do that. Or maybe they've already changed that and I just missed it...
    If you're not trolling, they're going to get a lot of cancelled subs.
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    And if the reason someone cancels their sub is same-sex romances, I can assure you nothing of any value to the community will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    You seem to be the one who's trolling here, buddy.

How did I know this thread would be about LFD as soon as I saw the title? *sigh*
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm more concerned about UI customization and the ability to write mouseover macros than a LFD tool. The current UI is pretty inhospitable to healers.

Lfd tool just for your server that helps you put your group together no teleporting or ransoms so people don't just moss out in capit cities waiting for that q pop. Heavily opinionated
    Last edited by qtbelf; 2011-11-24 at 01:51 AM.