Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    i humbly welcome our new octopus overlords.
    it was about time for a regime change anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I suppose Putricide is now known as "Green Spray Farty Gas Man". And i guess Blood Queen Lana'thel is now called "Time of Month Vampire Woman" with attacks such as "Bitey Bitey your friend" and "Fly high and spread fade".

Deleted
    1:11 WHERE ARE YOU HEADED DUDE?!

Octopus: /

10+ Year Old Account
    why did it it come on land? :S and how did it breath both under water and on land? :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Japskidin View Post
    Hide all the japanese schoolgirls
    too late , already too late http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/artic...-octopus-girls

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    Fun fact: Octopi are capable of being out of water so long as they remain damp. So long as they're damp, they're perfectly capable (and willing) to climb out of the water to get something that they want. Usually food.

The university here had a marine biology class that had some aquariums in the lab. One of the aquariums contained an octopus, and for the longest time, they could not figure out where the fish from the other tanks were going. They figured out eventually that the octopus was unlocking his aquarium lid, climbing through the room, getting into the other tanks, eating the fish, and then climbing back into his tank (re-fastening the lock, no less).

Amazingly intelligent creatures.

And you just blew my mind.

That's just completely awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    why did it it come on land? :S and how did it breath both under water and on land? :S
    For food, probably. It likely saw a clam or a crab it wanted to eat.

As for how it can do that, octopi, like some other aquatic species, can be on land for a time, so long as they don't dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Old story bro...

Got tolad about a landwalking octupus years ago. It is well known around the world that those fishies are badass gangztahs.
    I knew about octopi walking on land before it was cool to know about octopi walking on land.

ps. cephalopod or mollusc not fish.

Deleted
    This reminds me of a time when Discovery had SF documentaries and there was one about how the world might look in 50k years or something if people just left the planet and it seems evolution made squid-people who just swinged from tree to tree and started using tools since even if they don't have the fingers to grab stuff, their suckers can hold stuff and they are higly intelligent. This shows Discovery was right, so in 50k years we'll be living with squid-people around.

Now that that is done, wouldn't you love having one of those slimy giant squids hug you and say "Iiisss lovessss yusshhhh" while they hold their beak-like mouth and get it closer and closer to your mouth while their tentacles wrap around you and then... they kiss you... what happens next... only japanese schoolgirls know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    This reminds me of a time when Discovery had SF documentaries and there was one about how the world might look in 50k years or something if people just left the planet and it seems evolution made squid-people who just swinged from tree to tree and started using tools since even if they don't have the fingers to grab stuff, their suckers can hold stuff and they are higly intelligent. This shows Discovery was right, so in 50k years we'll be living with squid-people around.

Now that that is done, wouldn't you love having one of those slimy giant squids hug you and say "Iiisss lovessss yusshhhh" while they hold their beak-like mouth and get it closer and closer to your mouth while their tentacles wrap around you and then... they kiss you... what happens next... only japanese schoolgirls know.
    The Squidkind will be subjugated into playing drums in bands like disney cartoons, or filing clerks in mail rooms.

Bet it was over all the toxic shit we are dumping on it's home, so it was like, " fuck it" i'm moving in up there.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

i guess you have never heard of the Pacific Northwest Tree Dwelling Octopus ?

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never seen that before! Thank you so much for sharing it!
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonizer View Post
    i guess you have never heard of the Pacific Northwest Tree Dwelling Octopus ?

http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
    Yea that's as real as dropbears and hoopsnakes.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact: Octopi are capable of being out of water so long as they remain damp. So long as they're damp, they're perfectly capable (and willing) to climb out of the water to get something that they want. Usually food.

The university here had a marine biology class that had some aquariums in the lab. One of the aquariums contained an octopus, and for the longest time, they could not figure out where the fish from the other tanks were going. They figured out eventually that the octopus was unlocking his aquarium lid, climbing through the room, getting into the other tanks, eating the fish, and then climbing back into his tank (re-fastening the lock, no less).

You just blew former president Bush's "earth was created in seven days" by stating that. Clearly this was evidence contradicting his thesis is truly devastating ie. the octo didnt have a SUDDEN flash of ultrafast development ;(

I believe all of that, except for him re-locking his tank. That seems a bit farfetched to me..

That would sort of be like if that octopus put the lid back on the container after he got the crab.
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2011-11-23 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Octopi have come to occupy Wall Street...

15+ Year Old Account
    Just struck me, I bet there is someone alive on this planet who tried to frenchkiss an octopussy!
    Wonder if he/she knew where the mouth is located ;x

Deleted

That is awesome.

Quick, someone find the video of the octopus eating a shark. (Similar story, they couldn't figure out where the sharks were going so they set up cameras... the octopus was eating them).

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL @ the Cthulu and Japanese School girls comments. Made my entire day.