Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dokono View Post
    I'm more concerned about UI customization and the ability to write mouseover macros than a LFD tool. The current UI is pretty inhospitable to healers.
    I have no doubt that Bioware will implement macros and addons post-launch.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm surprised by how many people hate the Dungeon finder. I'd much rather deal with the occasional a-hole and enjoy 30minute groups vs waiting 3 hours and still dealing with the same a-holes. If you hate the Finder so much, nothing is stopping you from building groups the old fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm surprised by how many people hate the Dungeon finder. I'd much rather deal with the occasional a-hole and enjoy 30minute groups vs waiting 3 hours and still dealing with the same a-holes. If you hate the Finder so much, nothing is stopping you from building groups the old fashioned way.
    Hey man, Bioware's agreeing with us, not you. The Finder's not in the game. So you have to deal with it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Hey man, Bioware's agreeing with us, not you. The Finder's not in the game. So you have to deal with it.
    Hopefully they don't renege on that like Trion ended up doing.

Almost every group I run in the LFD is bad. Horrible. It doesn't matter who I go with. If I enter the LFD with a group of 4, the fifth will be horrible. If I go with just me, I spend an hour in LCoT'V... I'm more than a solid tank, I'm not the issue.

DPS getting into the finder and just not participating, or breaking CC when I use it (which is normally only when DPS is low). And speaking of low DPS.... It's not uncommon for me to have classes do sub 3k DPS... in heroic Grim Batol...Including Drake damage..

I'll explain fights. Over. and over. and over. DPS refusing to kill the damn phoenix. Or the adds on the last boss on GB. I normally end up having to kill one add on my own with the boss hitting me from behind (which means no dodge, and he has a 100% damage increase debuff, so yeah. fun.) because the DPS can't switch to adds.

For me, it's much more than an occasional a-hole. I am looking forward to servers having a community again. I can build a name for myself. My friends can.
    It not only makes it more personable, but it makes you want to play better.

Now, I know I am not the norm. And I'm not joking when I say almost every group I get is like that. I normally let it slide at this point because I outgear most of the dungeons, and everyone is new. Don't even bother with the kicks.. But it's still frustrating as all hell.

I miss the server communities.
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

As said earlier, WoW was fine before the LFD went in. Not only did same-server grouping promote strong communities, it also enforced quality playing and fewer jerks. Of course ninja'ing still happened, but if someone participated in this, their name quickly became mud to their peers.

Everybody has the capacity to be a jerk, if allowed to be (even nice people can join riots through the cover of anonymity). Same server helps keep everyone in check, maintaining their personal reputation (also guild PR with other guilds) and participating heavily in socialization.

As a DPS'er in vanilla/TBC I maintained a good reputation, mostly because DPS'ers are so common that I was replaceable. I would often times start groups of my own and got to know quite a few people that became my group regulars. Shouting out LFM cold turkey would take 10 minutes or so, so I'm not sure about the 3 hour part, unless you were on a low pop server, or you didn't want to lead.

I played a healer then for awhile and found I didn't need to lead to get into a good group. I also played a tank and really (admittedly) stunk, and I found it really hard for people to want to group with that character, lolz. (for harder content)
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-24 at 03:44 AM.