Thread: NCAA football

Page 4 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nino View Post
    i agree without being biased and i promise you LSU is on upset alert mode right now they cant sleep on Arkansas we did in the 1st half and had to readjust our whole game plan
    with that being said we (Bama) cant necessarily sleep on Auburn either sure they have had a roller coaster season with some blowouts along the way but they have had some early season close call miracles as well and held LSU for much of the first half
    and im not a big fan of Michigan but i keep up with them because thats where my moms from and id be lying if i said i wasnt rooting for them this season
    though i have to admit as much as i love Denard Robinsons highlight reel playstyle he has to give you Michigan fans heart attacks every play hes behind center
    think he got a shot at the pros though?
    I feel LSU and Alabama have to be on alert this week. They're close to the championship but Auburn or Arkansas could pull off something. I wouldn't count out either team (though LSU and Bama's defenses will probably shut it all out)

Denard has an awesome play style. He's good and if he hammers out his throwing arm he could have a shot. A few scary moments but being that I go to Iowa State I've learned to put it in perspective

10+ Year Old Account
    MSU student here. Got my tickets to the B10 title game! I really hope Penn State somehow beats Wisconsin this week, I don't think we can beat Wisconsin twice in one year (especially after that last game, they're gonna be PISSED).
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    MSU student here. Got my tickets to the B10 title game! I really hope Penn State somehow beats Wisconsin this week, I don't think we can beat Wisconsin twice in one year (especially after that last game, they're gonna be PISSED).
    the worst part is whoever loses the title game isn't going to get a BCS at large bid, meanwhile, UofM, who didn't even beat any remotely challenging teams (Sans Nebraska, at home, 75% of schedule is at home >.>) will get an at large bid.

Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    Unless they changed it recently, the BCS is only 1 of 3 polls that determine your actual rank. It gets rather confusing because different sources report BCS and other's report the composite score which is coaches poll + AP poll + BCS averaged out.
    The BCS is the composite. The AP, coaches poll, and computer rankings based on some peculiar formula are averaged together to get the ranking.

Unfortunately, it's entirely possible for the championship game this year to include a team that didn't win it's conference, and didn't even qualify for it's conference championship game (similar to the Nebraska situation several years ago). Make no sense that you should play in the national championship game if you can't even win your own conference.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the worst part is whoever loses the title game isn't going to get a BCS at large bid, meanwhile, UofM, who didn't even beat any remotely challenging teams (Sans Nebraska, at home, 75% of schedule is at home >.>) will get an at large bid.
    Meanwhile neither MSU nor Penn State have played any tougher of a schedule. Penn State has played 2 ranked teams and lost both times. MSU is a bit better but not much.

I really don't see your hate on Michigan having so many home games. It matters but being that the Big House is far from the loudest stadium (even though it's the largest) drops the significance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    Meanwhile neither MSU nor Penn State have played any tougher of a schedule. Penn State has played 2 ranked teams and lost both times. MSU is a bit better but not much.

I really don't see your hate on Michigan having so many home games. It matters but being that the Big House is far from the loudest stadium (even though it's the largest) drops the significance
    on the contrary, MSU has had to play Wisconsin (home, W), Iowa(away, W), Nebraska(away, L), and Michigan(home, w).
    Michigan has had to play MSU (Away, L), Iowa (Away, L), Nebraska (Home, W).

as far as the advantages of home versus away, its a bigger advantage than you think. tell me this though, why should UofM, who lost to MSU and not even makes it to the B10 Championship game, have the oppurtunity for an at large bid over MSU/Wisconsin/Penn State Loser when UofM didn't even PLAY in the Bowl game, and would lose (or lost) to 2 of those teams?

on the contrary, MSU has had to play Wisconsin (home, W), Iowa(away, W), Nebraska(away, L), and Michigan(home, w).
    Michigan has had to play MSU (Away, L), Iowa (Away, L), Nebraska (Home, W).

as far as the advantages of home versus away, its a bigger advantage than you think. tell me this though, why should UofM, who lost to MSU and not even makes it to the B10 Championship game, have the oppurtunity for an at large bid over MSU/Wisconsin/Penn State Loser when UofM didn't even PLAY in the Bowl game, and would lose (or lost) to 2 of those teams?
    First: Iowa's a nobody team. Don't bring them in as a 'good' team. I know how bad it looks that Michigan lost to them

Second: At that point, Wisconsin and Penn State would be a three loss team

Third: MSU's schedule is just no tougher than Michigan's. Period. They're nearly identical

Fourth: They lost to 1 of those teams. You don't have any basis for saying they'd lose to either of the other two

Honestly I think (judging from the Michigan in your location) that you're a MSU fan who can't look past the rivalry

I like michigan (since my team, the gophers suck) because I love denard, but I do not think they belong in a BCS game if they do not win our conference.

15+ Year Old Account
    First: Iowa's a nobody team. Don't bring them in as a 'good' team. I know how bad it looks that Michigan lost to them

Second: At that point, Wisconsin and Penn State would be a three loss team

Third: MSU's schedule is just no tougher than Michigan's. Period. They're nearly identical

Fourth: They lost to 1 of those teams. You don't have any basis for saying they'd lose to either of the other two

Honestly I think (judging from the Michigan in your location) that you're a MSU fan who can't look past the rivalry
    1) you still lost to them.
    2) and have played 1 more game than Michigan, against a team that is clearly better than Michigan.
    3) so Michigan plays Wisconsin when again? seriously, you saying that Michigan had a similar schedule to State is laughable.
    4) I have no doubt in my mind that Michigan would at least lose to Wisconsin.
    5) Michigan has no right going to a BCS bowl as a team that didn't even make it to the big 10 championship over a team that DOES make it to the championship, period, end of story. if you disagree, show me one valid reason that a team who DOESN'T MAKE it to the conference Championship should get an at large bid over a team that does make it to the Conference Championship and loses. If Michigan isn't even GOOD ENOUGH TO GET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, why should they get a BCS bowl?

1) you still lost to them.
    2) and have played 1 more game than Michigan, against a team that is clearly better than Michigan.
    3) so Michigan plays Wisconsin when again? seriously, you saying that Michigan had a similar schedule to State is laughable.
    4) I have no doubt in my mind that Michigan would at least lose to Wisconsin.
    5) Michigan has no right going to a BCS bowl as a team that didn't even make it to the big 10 championship over a team that DOES make it to the championship, period, end of story. if you disagree, show me one valid reason that a team who DOESN'T MAKE it to the conference Championship should get an at large bid over a team that does make it to the Conference Championship and loses. If Michigan isn't even GOOD ENOUGH TO GET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, why should they get a BCS bowl?
    1) Already stated it. Fluke games happen
    2) 28-14 game. Yep, clearly better (not to mention 14 and 15 respective ranks so not even the pros at ranking consider them "clearly better")
    3) No, they are almost identical. In numbers of ranked opponents, MSU has one more. They have almost identical schedules
    4) Let's see: both teams lost to MSU and both beat Nebraska. Give me a solid reason why Michigan would be a guaranteed loss to Wisconsin
    5) Do I really need to explain the concept of divisions within the B1G to you?

15+ Year Old Account
    1) Already stated it. Fluke games happen
    2) 28-14 game. Yep, clearly better (not to mention 14 and 15 respective ranks so not even the pros at ranking consider them "clearly better")
    3) No, they are almost identical. In numbers of ranked opponents, MSU has one more. They have almost identical schedules
    4) Let's see: both teams lost to MSU and both beat Nebraska. Give me a solid reason why Michigan would be a guaranteed loss to Wisconsin
    5) Do I really need to explain the concept of divisions within the B1G to you?
    1) wow, so a fluke. was it a fluke that UofM lost to State too?
    2) yeah, you lost, head to head, fair and square, please tell me why UofM, upon not even making the championship game, deserves an at large bid over the championship loser?
    3) almost identical, we still played Wisconsin, you have not, thats significant seeing as Wisconsin is a very very good team.
    4) Penn State hasn't lost to MSU yet. as for why Wisconsin would beat Michigan? Because they have a superior defense, and if the MSU game was any indication, Denard doesn't fair well against teams with good defense.
    5) Divisions or not, you were not good enough to make it to the Championship game, so why should you get an at large bid over a team that could make it there?

by the way, for this to even pan out you still have to beat Ohio State.

10+ Year Old Account
    so LSU knocked off Arkansas and Leslie Miles is already saying they will beat Georgia which i don't doubt so barring a catastrophic upset in the SEC championship game i still see alabama being the favorite for the BCS title game

and i hope we get it and beat LSU because im starting to dislike his play and snarky attitude in general but i do respect his coaching decisions as a whole

Meanwhile, UCLA just clinched possibly the worst BCS division in the country. There is now a possibility a 5-6 loss team will be sitting in a BCS bowl game. This is the same embarrassingly bad team that UofA rolled on national television.

The BCS Sucks.

1) wow, so a fluke. was it a fluke that UofM lost to State too?
    2) yeah, you lost, head to head, fair and square, please tell me why UofM, upon not even making the championship game, deserves an at large bid over the championship loser?
    3) almost identical, we still played Wisconsin, you have not, thats significant seeing as Wisconsin is a very very good team.
    4) Penn State hasn't lost to MSU yet. as for why Wisconsin would beat Michigan? Because they have a superior defense, and if the MSU game was any indication, Denard doesn't fair well against teams with good defense.
    5) Divisions or not, you were not good enough to make it to the Championship game, so why should you get an at large bid over a team that could make it there?

by the way, for this to even pan out you still have to beat Ohio State.
    OK, I'm going to say something that might be mind blowing to you. The B1G championship game does not (NOT) provide who the second best team is. Only the best. The second is left up to BCS standards. And, at the moment, they have determined Michigan to be the second best team in the B1G. That's why Michigan is getting a BCS bid. I'm done talking about it because it is no longer constructive.

Congrats to LSU. I have no doubt they'll wrap it up against Georgia. Now Bama just needs to do what they're supposed to and crush Auburn and all will be right for a rematch

RollTide: Yea. It's preposterous.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK, I'm going to say something that might be mind blowing to you. The B1G championship game does not (NOT) provide who the second best team is. Only the best. The second is left up to BCS standards. And, at the moment, they have determined Michigan to be the second best team in the B1G. That's why Michigan is getting a BCS bid. I'm done talking about it because it is no longer constructive.

Congrats to LSU. I have no doubt they'll wrap it up against Georgia. Now Bama just needs to do what they're supposed to and crush Auburn and all will be right for a rematch

RollTide: Yea. It's preposterous.
    here is something mind blowing to you.
    Just because Michigan is only a 2 loss team (compared to the B1G Championship game loser being a 3 loss team) does not mean Michigan is better, is it honestly fair to compare a team who played 13 games to a team that played 12? is it fair to compare a team that COULD make it to the Championship to one who doesn't? What if MSU loses the Championship game? is Michigan better than MSU? because i highly doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    and Bama wins let the reasons why everyone thinks we shouldn't be in the title game pour in

Quote Originally Posted by Nino View Post
    and Bama wins let the reasons why everyone thinks we shouldn't be in the title game pour in
    It's funny cause they're guaranteed in the championship now

Edit: holy hell getting that statement right is hard with next to dial up speed WiFi
    Last edited by mynameisjona; 2011-11-27 at 01:17 AM.

So did I miss something? Last time I checked Michigan isn't even eligible for an at large bid. How can you argue if they deserve something they aren't even eligible for yet anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny cause they're guaranteed in the championship now

Edit: holy hell getting that statement right is hard with next to dial up speed WiFi
    Not necessarily. The computers, right now, have Oklahoma State at number 2, while the AP/Harris polls have Bama at 2. If Oklahoma State dominates against Oklahoma next week, they might end up in the tile game with LSU. Of course, assuming LSU beats Georgia in the SEC title game, which is pretty much assumed by everyone.

Well, it looks like no major upsets this weekend (but I did enjoy that amazing turnaround from NCSU, go Pack). I'm not a huge fan of re-matches, especially so soon after the original game, so I'm hoping we see some major plays from OSU against the Sooners next weekend.

Of course, I'd be lying if I didn't mention that LSU-Bama makes me more nervous than any other match up.