Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Give every class a resurrect!

As simple as the title states, I think every class should have an resurrect.

now ofcourse you wonder why do I think this? Well I just came from an arena where we scored 2 cross kills (First 1 cross kill, then in the 2v2 that followed another!) and what remained was a Mage versus a Disc on Dalaran arena.

Now you would say "Aha, this is a sure win for the Mage!" but no. The Disc had zero intentions of trying to score a kill on me and was just going to wait till the tie, and now its theoretically impossible for a Mage to kill a Disc if the Disc only plans on running around a box. Also unlike him, I had to stay sharp all the time because he could go for a ress whenever he wanted, and if failed he could hide behind his boxes again.

I could not force him offensive because I had no ress, he had no reason to move away from the boxes because he could reach his teammates bodies with ease by standing on the edges. Due to this I was forced to sit there for 40 minutes because I refused to grant him any points for that. (All of this is on 2,2k+ mmr btw).

Please give your opinions on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I forget- How is it impossible for a Mage to kill a Disc Priest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    If you weren't a mod i'd report you for trolling :||||||

Its very simple for a Mage to kill a Disc in a 1v1 without LoS.

But it is impossible for a Mage to kill a disc in a 1v1 on dalaran vs a disc that has 0 intentions of going offensive.

He just runs around the terrible shaped boxes making it impossible for me to hit anything on him, while dispelling all my slows and using shield renew and PoM just to heal

To back up my exp, my main is a Disc with 2,6k rating
    Last edited by Naraga; 2011-11-27 at 11:05 PM.

with Los any healer can lol at a mage all day i think. but no, sorry. mass rez is good enough.

edit: but that priest was a douche

It's not impossible, Stanton, but Disc priest is one of the worst matchups for frost mage. Dispel hurts, and Dispel > Spellsteal most of the time. They can dispel shatter so it means you are on a small damage throttle. It requires incredibly good timing, some luck, and getting nearly every decision right to beat even a mostly competent disc priest. If he's really pro, it's pretty much not happening. Cooldown management is essentially, and you're pretty much going to expect the fight to completely reset two or three times (sheep resets so you can evocate/eat). You pretty much have to run disc oom to win.

Of course, there are plenty of really bad disc priests, and plenty of bad frost mages. A bad frost mage usually beats a bad disc priest because the bad disc priest often doesn't know what he needs to do to counter a mage, and the frost mage just needs to smash his face into the keyboard slightly faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandoggg View Post
    with Los any healer can lol at a mage all day i think. but no, sorry. mass rez is good enough.

edit: but that priest was a douche
    Why not? If I had a way to force the Disc to move away from the boxes (i.e by standing on the other side of the map and casting ress myself) I would be able to get him np.

EDIT:

Actually I decided to report you Stanton, for the sheer reason I received a infraction once for saying something similair (Though justified in my case and unjustified in your case).
    Last edited by Naraga; 2011-11-27 at 11:18 PM.

I thought this thread said, "Give every class a restaurant!" and I am really disappointed that I'm not being given the opportunity to open my own Tauren - uh, I mean, vegan - burger bar.

On topic, please don't give every class a Resurrect. I understand the frustrations of the OP, but seriously, suggestions like this put us on a very slippery slope.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Derp warlock and DK have a ress? Lore does not matter.

Gamebalance>lore.

Can we get to the main point.

Your not allowed to ressurect in arena so your topic is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    Can we get to the main point.

lol'd hard.

I pray you are a troll and not actually serious.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't accuse other users of trolling.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2011-11-27 at 11:35 PM.

You aren't supposed to be able to kill a healer 1v1. (until they go OOM)
    Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    You CAN resurrect in Arena...trust me, I know from experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    lol'd hard.

i meant combat res.
    which is true and the priest wont let you anyway.

Besides i already think it's cheap enough you mages keep invisibility while us locks get our detect invisibility removed.

Yeah I hate to go against the mod, but the frost mage has a VERY slim chance at being able to kill a LOSing Disc Priest who is completely on the defensive.

Different classes are different. Every class has at least one shitty match-up.

Derp warlock and DK have a ress? Lore does not matter.

Gamebalance>lore.
    uugggnn no lore wise they could ress someone.

warlock is the masters of souls and demons. i'm sure they could store a soul and tell the soul to reteurn to the body.
    and dk's could summons a ghoul why not bring a corpse back to life?

mage is also somehow possible by sending a lost soul back in time.

but a rogue or a warrior? no

lol'd hard.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't accuse other users of trolling.
    Wait, I got a infraction for this post.

but
    this kind of posts are allowed as long as they are made by a mod?

We all know that if said mod made this topic, and I replied like he did I would get a infraction aswell. Strong rules.

Not sure if mistaken title or trolling? Every class can resurrect. I dunno what makes you think you'd get a kill if a priest decided to MC you while you were in the middle of casting it? Assuming it was changed to be allowed in arena.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2011-11-27 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Not sure if mistaken title or trolling? Every class can resurrect. I dunno what makes you think you'd get a kill if a priest decided to MC you while you were in the middle of casting it?
    he'd be forced to move away from the boxes and thus I can actually attack him. Also remove that first part, I got a infraction just now for posting something similair.
    Every class can resurrect
    and no not every class can.

Blizzard isn't concerned with anything that happens as a result of 2v2.
    Reread OP, it was the result of a 3v3.