Prot 4.3 BIS List

I put this together earlier today at a glance without running numbers but I plan on doing so we I get a chance.

It's possible the tier shoulders might be slightly more ctc. I also choose the dps ring over the VP ring because of the higher stam and it seems like it will end up having more ctc when reforged.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FEVXc&hl=en_US

Any feedback is appreciated!

Edit: Updated the list. In this set you should be unhittable while maximizing avoidance and stam passed full CTC.
    Last edited by KrazyKris; 2011-11-30 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    That's like the 3rd BiS in a couple of weeks time on the same forums, might want to skim before posting

Arg I went back two pages but it was on the third... sorrry for the repost

Still a good list even if it has been posted before.

Deleted
    Notice that going from T12 BiS and full combat table coverage to T13 opens up some new options:

Right now you might be running around with something like ~ 4.000 mastery and 4.500 avoidance in raids while you can achieve up to ~ 5.000 mastery with full t13 or focus on more avoidance and/or stamina so running with two stamina trinkets is totally possible at the end of that tier if that's what you're aiming for.

I'm still not sure about the defensive "License to slay" ( http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77998 ), that's up to 1.000 avoidance rating on one item. Do you want to consider that in your calculations or take it as a bonus? Or if a mastery procc is attractive for us blocking tanks ( http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77990 ), assuming that the procc can help us on the physical damage department (almost 100% critical blocks) but it's totally uncontrollable and some proccs (especially on tank swap fights) won't be useful at all.

Avoidance would probably be a bad choice because of how high up on the DR curve we are. I feel like we would get the most out of our gear by stacking mastery pieces and using stam trinkets.

Tier Set-
    I will continue to look through database for items but their seems to be a lack of offpieces for tier slots... no legs a few random pairs of gloves etc etc, also It appears that once again there are some form of Heroic VP items (dont expect them in game, /cry)

Helm- Colossal Dragonplate Faceguard
    Shoulders- Colossal Dragonplate Shoulderguards
    Chest- Colossal Dragonplate Chestguard
    Gloves- Colossal Dragonplate Handguards

Off Tier Items-
    Legs- Colossal Dragonplate legplates
    Cloak- Indefatigable Greatcloak
    Neck- Gaurdspike Choker
    Bracers- Graveheart Bracers
    Waist- Forgesmelter Waistplate
    Boots- Stillheart Warboots
    RIng1- Hardheart RIng
    Ring2- Signet of the resolute

Trinkets-
    Having a hard time w/ deciding which two will be best (obviously each has there niche) Indomitable Pride This seems strong, however for me it's more of a Block vs absorb situation... (higher my avoidance post ctc cap means more crit block, 60% damage reduction through crit block) so you're looking at if I absorb an attack vs blocking it taking potentially, less damage.

Fire of the Deep has 3 items level and confusing cause it is suppose to be a VP reward.... either way the amount of dodge on it is ludacris I still wish it had a damage reduction similiar to mirror (spell resist vs dodge)

also there is Soulshifter Vortex hello 25% extra chance to crit block. BiS.

Weapon / Shield / Range

Weapon -
    1st choice Soul Drinker-
    2nd choice Hand of Morchok

Shield-Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark

Ranged-Unexpected Backup

I forgot about dps legs. Using the dps tier with tier shoulders could be a thing as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krazikris View Post
    Avoidance would probably be a bad choice because of how high up on the DR curve we are.
    Are we? 4.346 parry rating equals to +23.48% parry on paperdoll. In my t12 BiS list i'd have 2.729 parry rating, equaling to 17.96% parry. That's still a 5.52% pure avoidance difference for 1.617 avoidance rating "deeply into the DR curve". So at a similar decay rate for dodge that item alone should grant us well over 3%+ avoidance.

That's also one of the reasons why i wouldn't go for dps legs and rather aim for 40% avoidance (including 5% miss) instead. There're quite a few pieces with a decent amount of both parry and dodge and to me it's still questionable that mastery rating beyond the full combat table coverage bypasses a tradeoff of avoidance rating in total damage reduction, it surely will help on damage smoothing and reducing even more spikes.

dps legs: 480 mastery 130 dodge 824 stamina
    prot legs: 232 mastery 329 dodge 254 parry 861 stamina
    crafted legs: 390 mastery 319 dodge 804 stamina

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Are we? 4.346 parry rating equals to +23.48% parry on paperdoll. In my t12 BiS list i'd have 2.729 parry rating, equaling to 17.96% parry. That's still a 5.52% pure avoidance difference for 1.617 avoidance rating "deeply into the DR curve". So at a similar decay rate for dodge that item alone should grant us well over 3%+ avoidance.

That's also one of the reasons why i wouldn't go for dps legs and rather aim for 40% avoidance (including 5% miss) instead. There're quite a few pieces with a decent amount of both parry and dodge and to me it's still questionable that mastery rating beyond the full combat table coverage bypasses a tradeoff of avoidance rating in total damage reduction, it surely will help on damage smoothing and reducing even more spikes.

dps legs: 480 mastery 130 dodge 824 stamina
    prot legs: 232 mastery 329 dodge 254 parry 861 stamina
    crafted legs: 390 mastery 319 dodge 804 stamina
    I probably should have clarified a bit more but I was posting from work on my phone in a hurry lol. We're are getting pretty high up on the DR when compared to how much CTC you can get from the same amount of mastery rating, therefore allowing you to turn that extra CTC in stam. This tier seems to have a pretty decent amount of unavoidable damage that hits pretty hard in which case avoidance nor mastery will do much for you. I really feel that the only time it is worth dropping mastery for avoidance is in the case of a Baleroc style fight in which you pretty much can't survive if you don't get some dodges or parries.

Mastery does not bypass avoidance past CTC, not until the point we are close to pushing normal blocks off the table.

That said, whenever you push avoidance you gimp your stam. And that looks bad this tier on most fights that gonna matter.
    Last edited by kopcap; 2011-11-30 at 12:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    [...] And that looks bad this tier on most fights that gonna matter.
    That's an interesting statement, especially from 10m PoV. Honestly hadn't had the time to test hardmodes so i'm rather unaware of the enormous bursts besides of the regular boss mechanics on normal modes.

What's about the newest buff to resto shaman? Are they pretty much required because of that? They add 20-30k hitpoints, basically an equal bump to equipping both of those new stamina trinkets over something else (+27508 hitpoints raidbuffed from +1550 stamina and that's before the Ancestral Healing buff is applied on top of that).

Focussed assault, Hour of twilight, Void bolt, aoe scream on that bouncy boss, soaking on gunship, Impale.