Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Ah, well I'm just glad they didn't put a cap on the dragons, because down the line they'd eventually run out of dragons and have the same issue with WoWs lore.
    I wouldn't want to fight Elder Dragons for four expansions straight. I hope there will be other types of villains in the future.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    So... is there any reason as to why the official GW2 site doesn't have it's own forums and relies on GW2 guru to be it's forum? Just curious is all.

---------- Post added 2011-11-27 at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    I wouldn't want to fight Elder Dragons for four expansions straight. I hope there will be other types of villains in the future.
    Yeah, it would kinda get annoying, but nothing terribly game breaking, though I'm sure GW2 wouldn't do that. There is a pretty bad ass looking boss from an early video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7MpNXaEMo the best view of the boss is around 2 minutes in.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2011-11-27 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    Primordus, Jormag, Zhaitan, "Bubbles"/Deep Sea Dragon, and Kralkatorrik

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elder_Dragon
    They should totally launch with the Deep Sea Dragon being named Bubbles.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    They should totally launch with the Deep Sea Dragon being named Bubbles.
    i can see it now.... "LFG BUBBLES!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    i can see it now.... "LFG BUBBLES!"
    We need to petition them nao! NAO I SAY, NAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Rest assured, im pretty sure you're going to kill the Undead King, Palawa Joko in an expansion im pretty sure Guild Wars 2 will release. This expansion is probably going to add Elona, where Palawa Joko is ruling. Elona is the land you get in Guild Wars Nightfall (best expansion imo.).

Anyways, (Spoiler alert for those who have not played Guild Wars Nightfall) you wake Palawa Joko from his sleep in Nightfall and help him regain his throne at the Bone Palace so he can help you defeat Abaddon and it is said that in a Guild Wars 2 expansion you will have to defeat Palawa Joko.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I was digging around in the wiki for a good wallpaper when I came across this:

They're called Fleshreaver Lords and I'm not sure what their deal is. They look like flying versions of the monsters from Amnesia. How horrifying.
    if that guy is the same species than those, then we can expect a true biggie ^^

this is only a little dog?

I was holding off buying a laptop until GW2 was closer to being released, to maximize its performance. I realized that was kind of silly, so I went ahead and bought one. I hope Guild Wars 2 comes out sooner rather than later, I'd love for it to be able to run on high on my new machine. I am optimistic because I can run SC2 on full Ultra settings (and I am under the impression that SC2 is terribly optimized)–hopefully it won't be an issue.

Deleted
    Speaking of your laptop Searsha, I jsut bought all the final pieces to my new desktop, building it myself, which is rather nice for me also! I'm fucking ready now, watch out. GW2 HERE I COME!!

Arrgh, can't wait. But I guess it's about 3-6months till release, but it'll be the best game ever tbh. You can't wait too long for something really good, can you?

P.S Give me more info to read now When G-star event was, I was just so happy every time we got info, small or big post.

I'm still in the process of buying parts for my new PC. I want to play this game on max settings and get the full experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really not liking the Razer Lachesis I got recently, it's too small for my hand and makes my pinky area cramp. Probably going to get a Logitech G9x instead, which beings me to my point. From what we know, in GW2 if you just hit the dodge button if defaults to backwards, and if you hit dodge while moving in a direction you'll dodge in that direction. But since the G9x has tilt scrolling, as in the wheel can be pushed left or right as a trigger, I wonder if the keybinds in GW2 will allow me to bind it to directional dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Really not liking the Razer Lachesis I got recently, it's too small for my hand and makes my pinky area cramp. Probably going to get a Logitech G9x instead, which beings me to my point. From what we know, in GW2 if you just hit the dodge button if defaults to backwards, and if you hit dodge while moving in a direction you'll dodge in that direction. But since the G9x has tilt scrolling, as in the wheel can be pushed left or right as a trigger, I wonder if the keybinds in GW2 will allow me to bind it to directional dodge?
    It just depends on if 'dodge right/left' have specific binds within the keybind menu in the game. It also depends on how the game works with the mouse software to register the clicks. I have a mouse that also has a left and right clicking scroll bar but it all registers as the same 'Middle Mouse' kind of click with games like WoW, SWTOR, and Skyrim. Although the G9x may be fancier than my mouse (Razer Mamba) and register the left/right bar click as different keystrokes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    It just depends on if 'dodge right/left' have specific binds within the keybind menu in the game. It also depends on how the game works with the mouse software to register the clicks. I have a mouse that also has a left and right clicking scroll bar but it all registers as the same 'Middle Mouse' kind of click with games like WoW, SWTOR, and Skyrim. Although the G9x may be fancier than my mouse (Razer Mamba) and register the left/right bar click as different keystrokes
    Well I had a mouse with the scroll being able to be pushed to right / left, if I keybinding it to let's say "Ä" with my mouse-program I could keybind it inside of WoW etc.

On the topic of new laptops/desktops, how much does a decent flat-screen monitor run? The one I have right now is extremely bulky & unsightly and I would prefer something a little more trim when I build my new PC in February.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    On the topic of new laptops/desktops, how much does a decent flat-screen monitor run? The one I have right now is extremely bulky & unsightly and I would prefer something a little more trim when I build my new PC in February.
    Depends entirely on what size/resolution you want to run. You will probably be looking in the range of $100 to $150 for a decent one with at least 1600x900 resolution and $150 to $200+ for one with 1920x1080 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Depends entirely on what size/resolution you want to run. You will probably be looking in the range of $100 to $150 for a decent one with at least 1600x900 resolution and $150 to $200+ for one with 1920x1080 resolution.
    Not really sure about the difference, to be honest. Never been one of those techno-savvy computer junkies. Wish I was though, haha. Would be nice to know exactly what I get myself into. Still, that's a good price. Any particular websites I should be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Not really sure about the difference, to be honest. Never been one of those techno-savvy computer junkies. Wish I was though, haha. Would be nice to know exactly what I get myself into. Still, that's a good price. Any particular websites I should be looking at?
    newegg, amazon, et cetera. The built in speakers for ASUS monitors are surprisingly pretty nice for what they are, especially if you plan to get a headset eventually or you move your computer around a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think GeForce GTX560 Chips and Intel I7-2600 SANDYBRIDGE will be enough to have all settings maximized? Sorry, but I am TOTALLY LOST when it comes to computer stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Do you guys think GeForce GTX560 Chips and Intel I7-2600 SANDYBRIDGE will be enough to have all settings maximized? Sorry, but I am TOTALLY LOST when it comes to computer stuff.
    Yes, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    newegg, amazon, et cetera. The built in speakers for ASUS monitors are surprisingly pretty nice for what they are, especially if you plan to get a headset eventually or you move your computer around a lot.
    I've actually got a pretty decent headset from Turtle Beach. I'll keep that in mind though, the less junk I have cluttering up my desk the better.

So any good news about Guild Wars 2 recently? I haven't kept up with it because it's awfully difficult to suppress my excitement... especially since there's no known release date (as far as I know).