Thread: elvui help?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

elvui help?

I just downloaded the new elvui, and one thing seems to be missing. The bar that has the character pane and the talents and dungeon finder etc. I need it because i use some buttons like c for keybinding. Did i just miss something or is it gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I just downloaded the new elvui, and one thing seems to be missing. The bar that has the character pane and the talents and dungeon finder etc. I need it because i use some buttons like c for keybinding. Did i just miss something or is it gone?
    I am also having this problem.
    Its called the "Micromenu". In previous versions of Elvui, you were able to enable/disable it through the settings.
    But I can no longer see any settings for the Microbar.
    I haven't done anything but to search for the settings for the Microbar since the patch hit...
    And I still cant find it...

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 10:27 PM ----------

I found some info on it here.
    "Middle click on your minimap". If your mouse doesn't have one, like your on a laptop or something, I guess its problem :/

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17439
    Last edited by Menphis; 2011-11-29 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't for the life of me get it to stop skinning and using the ElvUI Bags. I HATE THEM. I would rather use bagnon(which still opens when I go to a vendor), but I cannot disable them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    I can't for the life of me get it to stop skinning and using the ElvUI Bags. I HATE THEM. I would rather use bagnon(which still opens when I go to a vendor), but I cannot disable them.
    Not sure if this would work, but
    open the configuration menu for Elvui, look at "General" and scroll all the way down.
    You should see a check box for "Bags", maybe unchecking that would work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    I am also having this problem.
    Its called the "Micromenu". In previous versions of Elvui, you were able to enable/disable it through the settings.
    But I can no longer see any settings for the Microbar.
    I haven't done anything but to search for the settings for the Microbar since the patch hit...
    And I still cant find it...

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 10:27 PM ----------

I found some info on it here.
    "Middle click on your minimap". If your mouse doesn't have one, like your on a laptop or something, I guess its problem :/

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17439
    Thanks so much^+^

I'm having some problems where I can't add extra bars to my Elv Ui for 4.3 Anyone know a fix for this?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    its a bit fucked atm, lots of things missing, like moving cast bars n shit....., its a rewrite that ran out of time cos of patch or summit, so probly keep eye out for lots of mini updates for it
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

I quite... quite... DISLIKE what they did to elvui. Seriously, why modify my actionbars and unitframes. Moreso the actionbars. My God...it was just fine the way it was. And my bags and micromenu. FFS leave well enough alone. (I'm really holding my tongue right now....) -_-
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-12-02 at 04:57 PM.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    its a bit fucked atm, lots of things missing, like moving cast bars n shit....., its a rewrite that ran out of time cos of patch or summit, so probly keep eye out for lots of mini updates for it
    Moving castbars is in. It is x and y offsets now instead of dragging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran into lots of small annoyances too with 3.0 ElvUI. My hope is that because it's 3.0 that there now won't be any major changes again for some time, so if I egt things right again now it should stay right.

Allready fixed my action bars back to how they were and most of the smaller stuff too. Glad I could do this today though when patch for me hits tomorrow. Had I been stuck doing this on patch day I would have been....displeased >.>

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @eon drache.. sweet cheers,,, but yea took ages to get it how it was, had it lookin awesome.. now gotta fekk aboot wiv it all again.. sweet keybind addition tho

what annoyed me now is i just spent an hour odd just now doing it, log out, curse is still open and YEY another update for it lol "any changes you made will be reset" woopee lol.. cant wait to logon tomoro n do it all again. ty mr elv.
    Last edited by invader; 2011-11-29 at 11:53 PM.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

I can't figure out how to make Skada visible with ElvUI 3.0. I find when I disable the Skada skin, that it won't save my bar layout. It's really wonky.

Anyone know how to get Skada to work with 3.0?

And is there some obvious thing about getting bar layouts to not reset? So annoying.

The thought of a new UI is slowly starting to cross my mind

I agree, although i hate the idea of having to redo ANOTHER ui.....i kinda miss my diablo UI now that i think about it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you have or not, but you should really be posting this kind of stuff on his subforum so that he can point you in the right direction or fix the bugs......I doubt he looks at mmo-champ much

http://tukui.org/forums/forum.php?id=84 for a start! i was reading through all the posts last night as I was thinking about switching to elv from jasje and apparently alot of stuff is still there but just in a different spot.....so do some searching or post a bug report!

Know of any UI's that are good like Elv?

There are a lot of changes coming in, just be patient... But for now, does anyone know how to make the target's buffs/debuffs smaller or bigger? Right now they are pretty huge for my screen, and I have the whole thing scaled as small as possible.

Also, the new Action Bars are win. So happy that I can actually have them where and how I want.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I cant comment for everyone but here is a little something in regards to setting it up to be like v2: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17536

From what I gather you just need to spend some time with it because so much has changed, there appear to be a lot of people moaning about things that require some effort on their part to actually find.

Just remember that these guys put in a lot of hard work on their own time to create these so a little patience will go a long way peace!

I've figured out the actionbar issues I was having...seems like they did extra work in areas they REALLY didn't need to. Otherwise, WTB my Micromenu back... =/
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Otherwise, WTB my Micromenu back... =/
    does this help: http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=17551 or are you on a laptop :P